Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Panther [2018]

Keel M.

• 8 months later...

14 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Trully looking forward to watching this. Love a good action flick. And DC are killing it lately.

Hurry, quick edit that post before the fanboys catch it......black panther is Marvel. 

• Like 6

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Hurry, quick edit that post before the fanboys catch it......black panther is Marvel. 

I was about to say...Marvel.  But, not a boy :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, glorybebe said:

I was about to say...Marvel.  But, not a boy :lol:

Yeah I outed myself there didn't I ? :whistle:  

Some folks get mean over that stuff though 

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Damn damn damn too late.

I was trying to show my proficiency in nerd.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Damn damn damn too late.

I was trying to show my proficiency in nerd.

We still love you, even if you are not nerdy ;)

• Like 2

Black Panther never was a big draw for me, not sure if I will go see it or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hesitant to see it because of the social messaging they were doing.  I don't want to see a movie that was made simply to make a race feel good about themselves.  But then I saw an interview with Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis.  Andy toes the promo line and makes a big deal of it being a mainly black cast and how uplifting that is for an ethnic minority, and then Martin looks at him like he's a big d-bag and says "Well that's all well and good but I'm not going to be in a movie unless I think it has a chance to be a really good story and this one is exactly that". 

So I went on Saturday and it was great, really, really enjoyed it.  T'Challa is as cool as I remember in the comics and has even better powers that makes sense he would posses because of Wakanda's vast supply of vibranium, and the bad guy, while thoroughly bad, becomes a somewhat sympathetic character in the end.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I was hesitant to see it because of the social messaging they were doing.  I don't want to see a movie that was made simply to make a race feel good about themselves.  But then I saw an interview with Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis.  Andy toes the promo line and makes a big deal of it being a mainly black cast and how uplifting that is for an ethnic minority, and then Martin looks at him like he's a big d-bag and says "Well that's all well and good but I'm not going to be in a movie unless I think it has a chance to be a really good story and this one is exactly that". 

So I went on Saturday and it was great, really, really enjoyed it.  T'Challa is as cool as I remember in the comics and has even better powers that makes sense he would posses because of Wakanda's vast supply of vibranium, and the bad guy, while thoroughly bad, becomes a somewhat sympathetic character in the end.

All you can do is judge each film on its own merits.

I thought Get Out was a let down after half the hype turned out to be social commentary, rather than the quality of the movie - it was average to slightly above average at best.

I have high hopes for Black Panther though. Looks promising!

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

All you can do is judge each film on its own merits.

I thought Get Out was a let down after half the hype turned out to be social commentary, rather than the quality of the movie - it was average to slightly above average at best.

I have high hopes for Black Panther though. Looks promising!

You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

As awesome as T'challa is, I love his sister more. She's so funny. lol