Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should the U.S help President Duterte?

ellapenella

Since the Philippines  are listed as having committed  crimes against humanity in their own country,  the U.S can not  arm them in the fight against terrorism  they face. They are listed as such due to the drug epidemic that hit   their country and how they went about  it, killing drug lords. 

In this interview President Duterte  stated that  he and President Trump are friends , he likes President Trump.  Though,  both men are in agreement  on such things,  the  process of arming him is not solely President Trump's decision .

Why should Since Saudi Arabia be  armed by the U.S  and not the Philippines too ?  after all everyone knows that Saudi Arabia  have their own ways they live by.

Should America  sell arms to the Philippines in their fight against Isis?

Edited by Ellapennella

I don`t think the US wants to get rid of Isis.

• Like 2

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Since the Philippines  are listed as having committed  crimes against humanity in their country,  the U.S can not help arm them in the fight against terrorism  that they are dealing with. They are listed as such due to the drug epidemic  their country dealt with  and how they went about killing drug lords. 

In this interview President Duterte  stated that  he and President Trump are friends , he likes President Trump.  Though  both men are in agreement  on such things  the  process of arming him is not solely Trumps decision .

Why should Since Saudi Arabia be  armed by the U.S  and not the Philippines too ?  after all everyone knows that Saudi Arabia  have their own ways they live by.

There was an effort in the early 2000's by a group of gov. contractors to train the Philippine military in anti terrorism and special weapons and tactics due to muslim guerillas assaulting some of their southern islands.  It failed rather spectacularly at the time due to internal strife. 

At this juncture though I say Duerte is a monster and we should only help as far as it aids our goals as a nation. I mean how can we with a straight face lecture Cuba if we're gonna do business with this guy? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

There was an effort in the early 2000's by a group of gov. contractors to train the Philippine military in anti terrorism and special weapons and tactics.  It failed rather spectacularly at the time due to internal strife. 

At this juncture though I say Duerte is a monster and we should only help as far as it aids our goals as a nation. I mean how can we with a straight face lecture Cuba if we're gonna do business with this guy? 

I thought that the war on ISIS was a global one, and I get what you're saying about Cuba, but I also think that something needs to be done to help them. If we don't arm them, Russia or China will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I don`t think the US wants to get rid of Isis.

It's odd right , how Albert Pike wrote about how they would bring in the 3rd. war.

They underestimated us though. And so if Trump is real which I think he is , he wants Isis eliminated.

5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

It's odd right , how Albert Pike wrote about how they would bring in the 3rd. war.

They underestimated us though. And so if Trump is real which I think he is , he wants Isis eliminated.

I hate to say this but Albert Pike so far has been right in someways with his predictions. Even though he was charged with treason he was soon pardoned. He had some very good connections with the free masons and talked about the devil a bit. As far as world war 3 goes. I don`t know, however I do see a big war on the horrizon.

• Like 1

The thing is that Isis wants the world not just a little bit, but all of it. Whats that saying, give them and inch and they take a mile. Isis is everywhere right now.

28 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Since the Philippines  are listed as having committed  crimes against humanity in their own country,  the U.S can not  arm them in the fight against terrorism  they face. They are listed as such due to the drug epidemic that hit   their country and how they went about  it, killing drug lords. 

In this interview President Duterte  stated that  he and President Trump are friends , he likes President Trump.  Though,  both men are in agreement  on such things,  the  process of arming him is not solely President Trump's decision .

Sorry, is Sobrang Hanga sa Mga Sagot Ng Ating Pangulo Ng Kanyang all the name of one person, or have the subtitles got garbled a little? :unsure: 

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

- post removed -

Does that include the, what is it currently, 101 million population? 

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

The thing is that Isis wants the world not just a little bit, but all of it. Whats that saying, give them and inch and they take a mile. Isis is everywhere right now.

Yeah but those same folks in that same place were Al Quaeda way back when that was the thing to do and they dont seem to have taken anything over yet. At least not without American weaponry and airpower paving the way for them as in Syria. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah but those same folks in that same place were Al Quaeda way back when that was the thing to do and they dont seem to have taken anything over yet. At least not without American weaponry and airpower paving the way for them as in Syria. 

Al Quaeda is still around and were once called The mohadjadein created by the US to fight Russia in Afganistan in the early 80`s. Now with Syria and The US supplying the so called rebels with arms created Isis. The Genie has been let out of the bottle or another metaphor, we have opened Pandora`s box. Everyday we hear about it and they are gaining ground due to political correctness. Or the fear of being called racist or a bigot.  Sharia law is envading at a very fast pace into the west. We can`t let that happen.

he is doing pretty good getting rid of drug dealers, let him use same approach with isis.

as for selling weapons, why not, let him buy as much as he can, we could use his money.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

He is doing the right thing by eliminating the drug dealers sometimes the country's law and order dept becomes so corrupt and the gangsters so strong that 1 they can't be prosecuted because they will eliminate witness 2 if jailed they still run the business  and nothing changes on the streets. 

Just now, kartikg said:

He is doing the right thing by eliminating the drug dealers sometimes the country's law and order dept becomes so corrupt and the gangsters so strong that 1 they can't be prosecuted because they will eliminate witness 2 if jailed they still run the business  and nothing changes on the streets. 

Government hit squads are rarely a "good thing". 

• Like 7

sometimes it necessary evil. but the biggest danger is the squad stays active after threat is gone, or almost gone. they will find another threat to justify their existence, something similar to what dea is doing now..

• Like 1

My post has been deleted? I didn't think it was too offensive, considering the citizens of that country overwhelmingly support the mass murder of people addicted to drugs. 

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

My post has been deleted? I didn't think it was too offensive, considering the citizens of that country overwhelmingly support the mass murder of people addicted to drugs. 

Yeeah I dont get that either, you stated your opinion thats all. 

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Government hit squads are rarely a "good thing". 

yes but unfortunately we don't have "Punisher" or "Batman" so till then these squads must do. 

Just now, kartikg said:

yes but unfortunately we don't have "Punisher" or "Batman" so till then these squads must do. 

Murdering drug addicts is a good thing in your book? A NEIGHBORHOOD DESTROYED BY DUTERTE'S WAR ON DRUGS  wow thats a pretty heartless opinion. Should alcoholics also be executed? How about fat people addicted to food? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Murdering drug addicts is a good thing in your book? A NEIGHBORHOOD DESTROYED BY DUTERTE'S WAR ON DRUGS  wow thats a pretty heartless opinion. Should alcoholics also be executed? How about fat people addicted to food? 

Man its unavoidable collateral damage if you start caring for every low life you are not going to get anything done , this kind of mentality has led to criminals selling drugs , arms and children. 

Just now, kartikg said:

Man its unavoidable collateral damage if you start caring for every low life you are not going to get anything done , this kind of mentality has led to criminals selling drugs , arms and children. 

Or the entire concept of prohibition based on some faux morality has given dangerous levels of power to criminally minded folks, in that light doubling down on prohibition will only give rise to new , smarter and stronger criminal enterprises. 

From what I see Duerte is just a low life gangster himself who has found a semi legally justified way to murder people. 

• Like 3

the problem is it is not only police who does the killings. 

Estimates of the number of deaths related to the drug war run as high as 8,000, based on figures released by the police and independent counts by human rights groups and media organizations.
Police on Tuesday, however, contested those totals, as well as allegations of widespread extrajudicial or vigilante killings.

also police is not always doing what it should.

As senior police officials defended the drug war in central Manila, a "secret jail cell" housing 12 detainees was discovered this week on the capital's outskirts, according to CNN Philippines.
The chief of local police and a dozen other officers have been suspended pending an investigation, and human rights activists said the case is indicative of ongoing abuses despite the latest statistics.
"Killings by police persist on a daily basis," Josef Benedict, Amnesty International's deputy director for Southeast Asia and the Pacific, told CNN. 
"The recent discovery of a secret detention cell, where drug suspects were being detained without charge, in conditions which may amount to cruel and inhuman treatment, suggests that further violations by police may be occurring, which have not yet been uncovered," he said.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Duerte is just a low life gangster himself who has found stified way to murder people. 

Yup , all the good guys just do is talk . let him clean the streets 

Just now, kartikg said:

Yup , all the good guys just do is talk . let him clean the streets 

Yep cleaning the streets sounds like a perfect job for him:

Image result for prisoner cleaning street

2 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

I hate to say this but Albert Pike so far has been right in someways with his predictions. Even though he was charged with treason he was soon pardoned. He had some very good connections with the free masons and talked about the devil a bit. As far as world war 3 goes. I don`t know, however I do see a big war on the horrizon.

Predictions or by design ?

Yeah, he's very revered by them.