Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian mummy's face and brain reconstructed

Claire.

The Mummy Returns: Egyptian Dignitary's Face and Brain Reconstructed

An international team of researchers has reconstructed the face and brain of a 3,500-year-old Egyptian mummy, revealing a unique "packing" embalming treatment. Consisting of a well-preserved head and canopic jars containing internal organs, the remains belong to Nebiri, an Egyptian dignitary who lived under the reign of the 18th Dynasty pharaoh Thutmoses III (1479–1425 B.C.). Nebiri's mummy became famous two years ago when he was diagnosed with the oldest ever case of chronic heart failure.

Read more: Live Science

• Like 6

Its just amazing that they can do this....is it weird that I find it somewhat creepy? : )

• Like 1

On June 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM, skliss said:

....is it weird that I find it somewhat creepy? : )

Of course not. There is always a bit of creepiness associated with mummies. That's one of the things that makes them so cool.

Very interesting article. I really enjoyed it. Good find, Claire!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Of course not. There is always a bit of creepiness associated with mummies. That's one of the things that makes them so cool.

Very interesting article. I really enjoyed it. Good find, Claire!

Its not the mummy so much as the reconstructed face of a person not seen for thousands of years. I kinda get now why my sister finds statues and "anything with a face" a little creepy.

• Like 1

Holy hell give that dude a goatee and make him slightly sexier and it'd look like me 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Holy hell give that dude a goatee and make him slightly sexier and it'd look like me 

Give the dude a goatee and make him slightly less sexier, and he'd look like me.

• Like 2