Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Hitler's Monsters: A Supernatural History

Bella-Angelique

'Hitler's Monsters: A Supernatural History of the Third Reich,' by Eric Kurlander exposes the remarkable depths that supernatural beliefs and practices penetrated the highest circles of the Nazi machine.

Propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels was an avid reader of Nostradamus and was delighted to be able to tell Hitler, having read some of the Frenchman's prophecies, that the British were on the verge of defeat.

Another member of the inner ring, Heinrich Himmler, even founded the SS Witches Division to investigate the plight of German 'wise women' that had been persecuted by Jews and Catholics.

Historian Kurlander claims that these odd beliefs stemmed from the Nazi's acceptance of World Ice Theory, which held that the white 'Aryan' man was not evolved from apes like other humans but from an extraterrestrial 'divine sperm'.

The German Navy dangled pendulums over miniature battleships on maps of the Atlantic to try and identify where British vessels were located in a practice known as pendulum dowsing. Nazi Admirals would look on as a member of the Pendulum Dowsing Institute in Berlin would hover the the 'magical' pendulum over the map, waiting for it to swing violently as it detected a British boat. The Germans thought the British were using the same methods to locate German U-boats. In fact, they relied on radar.

After Italian dictator Mussolini, a friend of the Third Reich, fell from power and was arrested, the Nazi's amassed a team of 40 astrologers, tarot readers, magicians and pendulum dowsers to find him.
"These magicians cost the SS a pretty penny," said General Schellenberg. "They demanded – and got – huge quantities of luxury food, alcohol and tobacco before they could start work."

• Like 8

Hitler indeed did have strange occultic beliefs. He had an obsession with Nordic beliefs and even believed the Aryan Race were gods who fell from the sky. I also read many of his SS  officers visited Tibet and adopted the Swastika from Buddhism and twisted it from it's original meaning. Hitler and the Nazis also had odd ideas about UFO's. Very interesting and bizarre. 

• Like 4

I find it amazing that they became as powerful as they did. How did the Nazi's get the funds for all that stuff they did? I read they even sent out groups to search for religious items and conducted science research into the super natural. There was just so much going on, I find it difficult on how Germany had such wealth.

• Like 4

If you read some into the Nazis and WW2 you'll find that the Nazi party was funded by those with similar interests and Nationalist beliefs.

This book seems interesting. I've read an entire book on Himmler...the man was one of the main reasons for Hitler's lunacy.

• Like 4

From the book Hitlers religion it states Hitler exploded in rage and blamed Rudolf Hess’s lunacy on his occultism.. I feel Hitlers rise in power was because he was into the occult . Hitler was so much into the occult and Black magic 

There will be 8 mystery kings before the anti - Christ arrives. 
the first was Nimrod and the 7th king that would rule for a short time was Adolf Hitler . The heart of man maybe the missing piece and Hitlers heart was molded by witchcraft. He considered himself as the anti-Christ . It is written that in the middle of the night in January 1945 several female prisoners were ordered to work 3 days removing about 6000 urns containing ashes from the crematorium at Berkenau. The ashes were loaded onto trucks and removed from the camp just before the Nazi's fled .This was a final sacrifice to the powers of darkness . The SS scattered the ashes from the gas ovens in the concentration camps across the length and breadth of the Reich. This was a offering sacrifice of these Jews to their pagan gods to cleanse the soil . It is believed the 8th king will be Hitler arrives as the ant-Christ . This is what I have read , not necessary my beliefs . Yes there is supernatural history, 

Edited by Darkenpath25
word correction

Himmler was more into the occult...He influenced Hitler as Hitler was going downhill due to the drugs his doctor was giving him.

• Like 2

Hitler was into the occult before he was in power

Edited by Darkenpath25

xYlvax I'm sure you're right . I tip my hat 

Hitler definetly was into the occult.Certainly the higher ups were, though not sure about Herman Goering. Really haven't seen much on him being invovled with all that, neither were other high officals.Hitler or Himmler sent Otto Rahn to rennes Le Chateau in France in the search for the Holy Grail or other items rumored to have been kept by the Cathars. They were a christian sect that that didn't agree with the Catholic Church and was supported by both the people and  more importantly by the nobles of southern France. You might have heard of the Albigesian Crusade, led by Simon de Montfort (a name familiar to anyone british) where they went around killing them, the last Cathar perfect dyingt at the stake in the early 1300s in France. They were also were in Northern Italy , parts of Germany and even tried to gain a foothold in England  but that fizzled out thanks to King EdwardIII I believe.

My grandfather's cousin was Generaloberst Carl Hilpert, Commander of Army Group Courland (In german Kurland)  during WW2. Before that he was  chief on staff to von Witzelben and von Rundstedt  in the west, until Hitler grew angry at him for the failure of the german forces at the raid on Saint Nazerene. And then he got shipped off to the eastern Front. Now he wasn't a nazi   and was  devout Catholic and not into occult practices, though it might be there were some generals  who were.However I've never really seen anything on the subject in regards to the Wermacht and the german general staff.

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 5:53 PM, NightScreams said:

I find it amazing that they became as powerful as they did. How did the Nazi's get the funds for all that stuff they did? I read they even sent out groups to search for religious items and conducted science research into the super natural. There was just so much going on, I find it difficult on how Germany had such wealth.

Some of the wealth was confiscated from Jewish families, but according to this book, they also had a fair amount of Wall St. backing: https://www.amazon.com/Wall-Street-Hitler-Antony-Sutton/dp/0945001533

They also used runic insignia. I first heard about it when browsing a culture studies journal back in University. The title had 'ghost dances' in it and covered the Nazis and the Thule Society.

Another book, called the Thousand Year Conspiracy, touches on the role of Teutonic Knights and the Nazi party. I've only just started reading it, but it's quite well researched.

Interesting piece indeed, haven't seen this one so far. What do you think about sources in his book? Fiction of actually good scholarly work? Subject is highly interesting especially if there is connection between nazi ideology and occult. Ty for share.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Some information about Hitler:

Spoiler

Hitler was in contact with a being whom he considered to be the Supreme: that being would come and give him advice and tell him all that he had to do. Hitler would withdraw into solitude and wait long enough to come into contact with his ‘guide’ and receive inspirations from him which he would afterwards carry out very faithfully. That being whom Hitler took for the Supreme was quite simply an Asura, the one called in occultism ‘the Lord of Falsehood,’ and he proclaimed himself to be ‘the Lord of Nations.’ He had a resplendent appearance and could pull the wool over anyone's eyes, except one who truly had occult knowledge and could thus see what was there, behind the appearance. He could have deluded anyone, he was so splendid. He generally appeared to Hitler wearing a breast-plate and a silver helmet (with a sort of flame coming out of his head), and there was around him an atmosphere of dazzling light, so dazzling that Hitler could hardly look at him.

http://savitrieradevotees.blogspot.com/2013/07/adolf-hitler-sri-aurobindo-and-mother.html

Mystical verse about Hitler and his secret inspirational:

The Dwarf Napoleon

Hitler, October 1939

https://www.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/05/0073_e.htm

• 3 weeks later...

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, Bella-Angelique said:

, the Nazi's amassed a team of 40 astrologers, tarot readers, magicians and pendulum dowsers to find him.

"These magicians cost the SS a pretty penny," said General Schellenberg. "They demanded – and got – huge quantities of luxury food, alcohol and tobacco before they could start work."

Nice work if you can get it, although I've heard it can be a bit elitist. If your parents haven't got the money to send you to Hogwarts you'll never get to the top table

• Like 1