Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Handel wins GA 6 by 5%+

Merc14

Just now, DieChecker said:

Sounds like Rosie is one of those who is way overstating Trump's powers.

Jesus , dont remind me that for the first time ever I find myself on the same side as that gelatinous hag. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

She Went There: Maddow Laments ‘Partisan Implications’ of ‘Bad Weather’ for Georgia Election

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2017/06/20/she-went-there-maddow-laments-partisan-implications-bad-weather

Which I'm sure will be intertwined with 'climate change' soon. Idiots.

To: 2020 DNC Presidential committee.

Re: Ways to Win 2020.

Subject: Look into weather control. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

The Democrats just blew $30 million on the most expensive congressional race in history and all they have to show for it is a lousy participation trophy.

Perhaps the Democrats would have been better off using that money to erect a temple to the Weather Gods. A frustrated Eric Levitz at New York magazine makes the case that the "Weather Gods" seemed to have been conspiring against Jon Ossoff in the June 20 special election in the Sixth Congressional District in Georgia. Fifty minutes before the polls closed for that election, Levitz noted how perfectly the weather aligned against Ossoff by observing that "Karen Handel Gets Last-Minute Endorsement From Weather Gods":

So awesome.

$30 million spent.

Conclusion: All the money in the world + The same old message + Trump Administration = Still going to loose

They need o change their Message to something more modern... hip... slick... And not have that message pushed by 80 year olds.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

... its just political fact that democrat voter turnout is historically lower when the weather is bad. 

They also tend to wait till the last hours to go vote, so even if the weather was fair in the morning, if it is bad in the evening, the Dem turnout will be lower.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Heres an article from 2010 Bad news for Dems: Rain in the forecast for 2010 Election Day BY KEVIN CULLUM - 10/26/10 11:30 AM EDT 

Its just one of those common knowledge political things. 

Should go to voting by mail, like Oregon does. Then the weather is a non-issue. The big gripe then is... do you put a stamp on it, or drop it off for free? The same excuse is used that "minorities" can't afford stamps to vote, while "rich" white folks in their cars get to vote for free. There is no winning.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F3SS said:

Democrats Seethe After Georgia Loss: ‘Our Brand Is Worse Than Trump’ - The New York Times
https://apple.news/APOv4cUjAQpqaYAbuKaadaw

L.O.L.! Essentially it's saying that they hate Pelosi who keeps losing for them yet won't step down. Ha ha.

If she was a University (Or NFL) head football coach, she would have been fired years and years ago. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

They blew $30 million and a ton of air time, complete with bloated poll numbers that turned out to be dead wrong. They keep trying the same tactics and they keep losing - yeah, I'd say that constitutes as "stupid" and worthy of a laugh.

I've seen this in the last election... Bias "news" sites will post inflated numbers for their polls. Who knows where/when/how they take these polls, but they do seem to know how to do it to make them bias. And then they use the poll to try to influence the public, by saying, "SEE! Clinton is winning. So vote for the winner.". It is an old tactic, and usually works. 

9 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

The polls tend to show a trend. Let's remember that Hillary got almost 3 million more votes than Trump in the presidential election, but it was the EC that saved Trump. Had the election been based on popular vote only, Trump would have lost.

Hillary only did so well because she Heavily took California. If we eliminated California from the election, Trump would have won by a landslide. This then tells us that California is way overdue for a reality check.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

The polls tend to show a trend. Let's remember that Hillary got almost 3 million more votes than Trump in the presidential election, but it was the EC that saved Trump. Had the election been based on popular vote only, Trump would have lost.

The popular vote means nothing.  

• Like 1

Just now, hatecraft said:

No but his point stands that Clinton did pull more votes than Trump. So perhaps the polling wasnt as flawed as the popular narrative would have you believe. 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

No but his point stands that Clinton did pull more votes than Trump. So perhaps the polling wasnt as flawed as the popular narrative would have you believe. 

The polling was biased. Always is. 

• Like 1

Democrat Kathleen Rice is on CNN distancing the party from Clinton and Pelosi. I think the fact that even with Trump they couldnt win those seats will be the death knell for the democrat party as we've known it for the last 20 years or so. 

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I read an article just after the election where democrat insiders were discussing this and found it very interesting (think I linked long ago but won't look now).  It seems that some of the key battleground states had numbers showing that the race in their state was far closer than Hillary's numbers were showing and they were begging for more people/money but the campaign blew them off and continued diverting people/money to California so as to ensure an overwhelming turnout in that sure thing state with the goal being to win both the electoral and the popular votes thereby declaring a mandate.  They were wildly successful, crushing Trump, who spent almost no time or money in CA, by over 3 million votes but each of those battleground states, that had been ringing the alarm, was lost and therefore the election was lost.

My point is that when hard core dems trot out the popular vote and rub people's nose in it  they are explaining how they lost the presidency because, as was said above, the popular vote is not the race being run.  Yes, you one the popular vote but lost those battleground states because the imperial campaign believed THEY knew more than the folks who have worked their whole lives getting out the votes in their states.  I've read parts of that since but that one article really summed the thing up.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Just now, Merc14 said:

My point is when hard core dems trot out the popular vote and rub people's nose in it  they are explaining how they lost the presidency because, as was said above, the popular vote is not the race being run.  Yes, you one the popular vote but lost those battleground states because the imperial campaign believed THEY knew more than the folks who have worked their whole lives getting out the votes in their states.  I've read parts of that since but that one article really summed the thing up.

Sounds about right from the 'royalty' on the left. Just dripping in hubris. The nation truly will be a better place when father time finally claims his victory and we no longer have to hear from them. 

17 hours ago, F3SS said:

Wait, quite often we've been shown info graphics here showing how especially in the south it is the red zones that are the biggest welfare recipients. I take that to mean the poorest. Either way that sounds stupid to say that democrats don't come out in bad weather. I would think similar numbers of people from all sides would dodge the rain. In a full turnout the results would've been the same. Democrats are incredible excuse makers.

I think those graphs actually show how much federal money goes to those states. Of course that is because many military bases are in the south, but they never mention that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I think those graphs actually show how much federal money goes to those states. Of course that is because many military bases are in the south, but they never mention that.

That's a good point and you're probably right. I was thinking after my post that welfare was the wrong word and that they always say how much government money goes there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hatecraft said:

Actually, it means a lot. In other other words, the majority of American voters wanted Clinton, not Trump, for President of the United States. As mentioned earlier, the EC saved Trump and I might add that the EC has been attacked by both Clinton and Trump in the past and the EC is flawed and is not democratic  when it comes to presidential elections.

To put it another way, the majority of Americans did not want Trump as their president and over the past few months, the numbers have risen against Trump. In fact, Trump's approval ratings have been in decline since January.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Actually, it means a lot. In other other words, the majority of American voters wanted Clinton, not Trump, for President of the United States. As mentioned earlier, the EC saved Trump and I might add that the EC has been attacked by both Clinton and Trump in the past and the EC is flawed and is not democratic  when it comes to presidential elections.

To put it another way, the majority of Americans did not want Trump as their president and over the past few months, the numbers have risen against Trump. In fact, Trump's approval ratings have been in decline since January.

You guys are gonna have to pace yourselves. You've got another 7 1/2 years of b****ing to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

You guys are gonna have to pace yourselves. You've got another 7 1/2 years of b****ing to go.

:lol: Im not sure whats scarier, the fact that you might actually believe that or the fact that someone might actually want that. 

30 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Equally true is the statement that the majority of Americans did not want Clinton as their president.

The EC is so presidential candidates, if they want to win, won't ignore most of the states and concentrate on just the biggest states population wise. Of course this is exactly what Clinton and the DNC did. And it cost them the election. 

As I am sure you know the US is not a true democracy, never has been, and was never intended to be by the founding fathers.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

We have always been a representative republic because mob rule is not what the founders wanted hence why all states are equal in the senate and not equal in the house

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Equally true is the statement that the majority of Americans did not want Clinton as their president.

The EC is so presidential candidates, if they want to win, won't ignore most of the states and concentrate on just the biggest states population wise. Of course this is exactly what Clinton and the DNC did. And it cost them the election. 

As I am sure you know the US is not a true democracy, never has been, and was never intended to be by the founding fathers.

See i always get a delight in the wording "majority of American voters didn't want so and so"...320+ million Americans and about 120 mil voted for one or the other,that equals around to about 60 odd mil each candidate got and i'd argue another 60+ mil are eligible to vote but didn't wan't either s*** choice so they stayed at home!

Just because Hills won by a few mil in the popular vote doesn't mean "most" Americans wanted her sorry a** ;)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

I am wondering if Trump can complete his first term in office in light of declining approval ratings since January and I am still appalled that the Pentagon and other government officials had to bail out Trump over Qatar recently. That was a major embarrassment for the United States and proves that Trump is unfit to be President of the United States. How much more damage will Trump do to America before he leaves office?

46 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Actually, Clinton received more popular votes than Trump. Had the flawed and undemocratic EC not come to Trump's aid, Hillary would now be President of the United States based on the majority of American votes. .