Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Handel wins GA 6 by 5%+

Merc14

On 6/23/2017 at 4:03 AM, DieChecker said:

If they blame the GOP, or Trump, or the weather... and it doesn't stick... then they will always be willing to blame one of their own.

Nancy Pelosi has a ton of screws lose in her head, so is the other talking figure head calling for Trump's impeachment almost daily now. Can't really listen to them with a straight face anymore...

On 6/24/2017 at 4:40 AM, Merc14 said:

I know that two wolves and a sheep voting who will be dinner is what your wish will egt us and two or three faithless electors is NOTHONG compared to teh havoc a full on democracy would reap.  YOU should read up on just how deadly a true democracy is.   Funny that sky wants mob rule because a corrupt thief named Hillary stole teh nomination and then fonged away teh campaign and lost to a Trump.  http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2013/06/the_dangers_of_democracy.html

You might want to check this out.

10 reasons why the Electoral College is a problem

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2012/10/10-reasons-why-electoral-college-problem

Why We Should Abolish the Electoral College

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tyler-lewis/why-we-should-abolish-the_1_b_8961256.html

As I have mentioned in another post, there were 'faithless electors' who refused electoral votes for both Clinton and Trump. In other words, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who does not vote for the presidential or vice-presidential candidate for whom they had pledged to vote, which occurred in the 2016 presidential election, which is another reason why the EC needs to go.

On another note, Trump had a reason to have Comey to not investigate Flynn, and for Trump to do so, is totally unacceptable.

28 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Never has the electoral college not voted the way the states have. A few individuals have but never enough to do anything.

Originally most people thought that trump would win popular and Hillary would win the election.

All of a sudden the electorial college became a problem once Hillary lost and the reversed happened lol. I didnt hear any outrage when everyone felt trump would lose

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

All of a sudden the electorial college became a problem once Hillary lost and the reversed happened lol. I didnt hear any outrage when everyone felt trump would lose

Im all for the electoral however I must correct the record here: 

Trump : The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The man says all sorts of crazyness...pay him no attention :P :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh I know he said that lol. I just mean I remember such a hard attack on the EC by the media until after the election 

4 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Listen, I am NOT going to read your garbage on getting rid of the electoral college and not going to reply to you anymore about it as it is an idea with absolutely no chance of ever being law.   No matter how much you democrats cry about there is no way the smaller states will ever agree to a constitutional amendment that would do away with their influence over who is elected president.  None and nor should they, it is the reason the founders came up with it in the first place.  NY and CA picking our president only makes progressives wet their panties, no one else and your endless harping about it makes no difference, in other words keep dreaming and oh yeah, you keep looking up at the sky, maybe you['ll see another UFO.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Humm... yeah... The Communist HuffingtonPost. Yeah, 98% chance of Clinton win... They got a good track record with evidenced opinions. NOT! No bias there either... right....

I'll read it anyway. :tu:

EDIT: Read it... So it was written by a political science major, who didn't already understand the Electoral College. Sounds like a first year student. Must then be an expert? I don't disagree with what he wrote, but IMHO, those "flaws" aren't always bad. If we lived in a straight up democracy, we'd have oppression of those who were in the minority. Don't like mortgage rates? Have an election and change them. Regardless of if it was the financially good thing to do or not. Just because the majority thinks something is good, doesn't make it good. The EC assures that rural, and urban, needs are considered, that small states, and large states, needs are considered. Those smaller states, and swing states, ARE more important, because they have more power, because they need more power to see their needs taken care of. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

If we want to look into a totally corrupt political system, look into the Democrat's Super Delegate system for deciding the presidential candidate.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2017 at 6:14 PM, .ZZ. said:

The moment COVFEFE sets in:

Covfefe.jpg

That just became my desktop background...PRICELESS

• Like 2

On 6/23/2017 at 4:59 PM, skyeagle409 said:

I beg to differ.

To sum it up, Hillary got more popular votes than Trump.

A majority is over 50%. She did not get a majority. Begging to differ a fact is foolish.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

If we want to look into a totally corrupt political system, look into the Democrat's Super Delegate system for deciding the presidential candidate.

LMAO.  Spot on and crickets from you know who.  My guess is it is OK because his gal won.  :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bama13 said:

A majority is over 50%. She did not get a majority. Begging to differ a fact is foolish.

Let's me highlight as to where I am coming from.

Popular Vote

Clinton: 65,844,954

Trump: 62,979,879

Edited by skyeagle409

2 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Let's me highlight as to where I am coming from.

Popular Vote

Clinton: 65,844,954

Trump: 62,979,879

I never said she didn't get more votes. More votes is not the same thing as a majority. She got 48.2% of the total votes cast. That is less than half, hence not a majority. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Listen, I am NOT going to read your garbage on getting rid of the electoral college and not going to reply to you anymore about it as it is an idea with absolutely no chance of ever being law.

That is what I was expecting from someone who can't face up to a challenge to do their homework. About that UFO remark, take it up with the U.S. Air Force.

1 minute ago, Bama13 said:

I never said she didn't get more votes. More votes is not the same thing as a majority. She got 48.2% of the total votes cast. That is less than half, hence not a majority. 

Fact of the matter is, Hillary got more votes than Trump.

1 minute ago, skyeagle409 said:

Fact of the matter, your claim that she got a majority is false.

eta: Fact of the matter is that Trump is the President.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Humm... yeah... The Communist HuffingtonPost. Yeah, 98% chance of Clinton win... They got a good track record with evidenced opinions. NOT! No bias there either... right....

I'll read it anyway. :tu:

EDIT: Read it... So it was written by a political science major, who didn't already understand the Electoral College. Sounds like a first year student. Must then be an expert? I don't disagree with what he wrote, but IMHO, those "flaws" aren't always bad. If we lived in a straight up democracy, we'd have oppression of those who were in the minority. Don't like mortgage rates? Have an election and change them. Regardless of if it was the financially good thing to do or not. Just because the majority thinks something is good, doesn't make it good. The EC assures that rural, and urban, needs are considered, that small states, and large states, needs are considered. Those smaller states, and swing states, ARE more important, because they have more power, because they need more power to see their needs taken care of.

I want to underline: ARE more important, because they have more power, because they need more power to see their needs taken care of.

In other words, the EC can be used to the advantage over the majority of voters. Ever wondered why there were electors who failed to vote for Hillary and Trump? Think about it and understand why both Hillary and Trump attacked the EC and why there are now calls to do away with the EC. Do your homework.

5 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Fact of the matter, your claim that she got a majority is false.

eta: Fact of the matter is that Trump is the President.

Perhaps, I should have worded it to where more American voters were for Hillary than Trump. So once again, who received the most votes?

Just now, skyeagle409 said:

Perhaps, I should have worded it to where more American voters were for Hillary than Trump. So once again, who received the most votes?

Hillary. Once again, who is the President?

On 6/20/2017 at 10:32 PM, CrimsonKing said:

So now the real question is exactly how the Russians pulled this off!...

TIME FOR AN INVESTIGATION!!! :D

with a side of collusion, topped off with obstruction. :tu:

15 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

If you want to include duplicate voters, illegals, pets, and the deceased, she probably did get more votes than Trump. lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WoIverine said:

If you want to include duplicate voters, illegals, pets, and the deceased, she probably did get more votes than Trump. lol

I would like to see your evidence that illegals, pets and the deceased were involved. If you have no such evidence, you have no case.