Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
UM-Bot

UK UFO files have finally been released

16 posts in this topic

 

so just more of the same... bummer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That guy knows his stuff. He's on a Netflix series called, Unsealed: Alien Files.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

But a press officer for the organisation has confirmed if you want to read them you’ll need to visit its headquarters.

 

Oh right, and get my memories erased? nSOs2bP.gif

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

 

Oh right, and get my memories erased? nSOs2bP.gif

They must be hiding something or they'd put them on-line.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Pope has made a statement about this on his facebook page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, quiXilver said:

so just more of the same... bummer.

Did you expect anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Did you expect anything else?

yup.  I'm always open to the possibility. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Far more believable that UFOs are just military aircrafts that are not known to the public. Everyone nowadays has a phone with a camera, yet UFO cases dropped significantly during the smartphone era, then once again increased as drones began being used to surveille us. That just explains it all really. I'd like to believe in aliens, I one time did believe in them, but such a thing would be revealed by now. Not just a story here or there.

Edited by Trenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Far more believable that UFOs are just military aircrafts that are not known to the public. Everyone nowadays has a phone with a camera, yet UFO cases dropped significantly during the smartphone era, then once again increased as drones began being used to surveille us. That just explains it all really. I'd like to believe in aliens, I one time did believe in them, but such a thing would be revealed by now. Not just a story here or there.

Interesting thoughts, but remember, as our technologies close in on reality, so too does alien technology evolve.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Our local paper is reporting one of these Xfiles documents here: http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/ufo-spotted-hovering-above-skegness-141393

It relates to an unknown series of lights floating for 7 hours off the coastline.
The interesting thing is not what was seen but the government's reaction and how a government minister requested to know why the RAF was stood down when military radar picked up the sightings on radar, rather than scramble to intercept. Especially as the airbase they scramble from is located 30 miles or less from the sightings location. 

The classified document suggests the military watched it on radar, and yet the official public statement at the time denies it was ever on a radar, which suggests that the government at the time lied to the public and were aware of what it was, and decided to stop a routine RAF interception without giving any explanation why not.

It seemed to cause an angry politician to question why our air defences were not being protected and demanded to know what it was and why the government had stood the RAF down and treated it as harmless when they later deny knowing what it was.    


 

Edited by ExoPaul
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let me guess; 

1) drunk citizen 

2) under influence

3) LCD 

4) drunk citizen

5) paranormal investigator 

6) farmer having had a few beers

7) she will agree to provide more details only if aired by Natinal TV

8) drunk 

9) bored cop 

10) anal probed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

let me guess; 

1) drunk citizen 

2) under influence

3) LCD 

4) drunk citizen

5) paranormal investigator 

6) farmer having had a few beers

7) she will agree to provide more details only if aired by Natinal TV

8) drunk 

9) bored cop 

10) anal probed 

Good job QX, once again, with zero knowledge of the subject, you have passed judgment, posted it and made an **** of yourself....again.:tu:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The MOD doesn't even have a department that responds to reports any more. The official stance is they don't care unless there is a credible threat.

Not surprising seeing as the MOD is badly understaffed these days and the civil service part (which would have been the ones doing these investigations) is a dying breed. Some interesting stuff locked away in storage though. We once found some books and military documents going back 300 years in a building we were clearing out :)

Edited by Finity
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017 at 9:58 PM, Merc14 said:

Good job QX, once again, with zero knowledge of the subject, you have passed judgment, posted it and made an **** of yourself....again.:tu:

well when you talk about ufo's and stuff, it can't be otherwise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017 at 11:04 AM, ExoPaul said:

Our local paper is reporting one of these Xfiles documents here: http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/ufo-spotted-hovering-above-skegness-141393

It relates to an unknown series of lights floating for 7 hours off the coastline.
The interesting thing is not what was seen but the government's reaction and how a government minister requested to know why the RAF was stood down when military radar picked up the sightings on radar, rather than scramble to intercept. Especially as the airbase they scramble from is located 30 miles or less from the sightings location. 

The classified document suggests the military watched it on radar, and yet the official public statement at the time denies it was ever on a radar, which suggests that the government at the time lied to the public and were aware of what it was, and decided to stop a routine RAF interception without giving any explanation why not.

It seemed to cause an angry politician to question why our air defences were not being protected and demanded to know what it was and why the government had stood the RAF down and treated it as harmless when they later deny knowing what it was.    


 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/expert-answer-mysterious-ufo-spotted-179130.amp

same newspaper. Pretty obvious the the RAF is not going to scramble if sightings do not match radar returns. Besides that, despite the signal processing power in modern radars, there is still something called CFAR (Constant False Alarm Rate), which basically tells you that RADARs are by no means infallible. But radar operators are pretty good, when experienced, at recognizing the tell tale signs. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.