Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White Noise (2005)

King Giovanni

Hey, everyone. I was just wondering: Has anybody seen the film 'White Noise' with Michael Keaton? Quoting IMDB's plot: ''An architect's desire to speak with his wife from beyond the grave, becomes an obsession with supernatural repercussions''. It mentions Electronic Voice Phenomenon (or EVP for short). It's an interesting film that really caught my eye, despite having a poor rating on IMDB by the registered users. What's your opinion?

I saw this when it came out - as I recall it was ok, nothing special but not terrible either.

If you like supernatural/psychological horror movies then I'd say it is probably worth a watch.

• Like 1

Its sequel was not something special. I'd agree the second film was not good, but the first one was really worth-watching.

My opinion is... never pay attention to ratings on IMDb B)

I have it on DVD, and it's a pretty good watch. Not a classic, but enjoyable with a good spooky vibe throughout.

If you like movies of this type, I'd also recommend The Mothman Prophecies.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

My opinion is... never pay attention to ratings on IMDb B)

I have it on DVD, and it's a pretty good watch. Not a classic, but enjoyable with a good spooky vibe throughout.

If you like movies of this type, I'd also recommend The Mothman Prophecies.

Me neither! Nobody knows what they're thinking, when they're rating ;)

I haven't seen that one, but i'll definitely check it out! Thanks :)

• Like 1

Speaking of similar movies with bad reviews - I always liked Stigmata and End of Days.

Well worth a watch if you haven't seen them.

• Like 2

Stigmata ... gud'un

~

[00.02:03]

~

Made me add a whole shelf of reading material back in the day ... :lol:

~

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the first movie, way better than the second by far, It had a good story line and some nice jump out at you bit's included, the obsession with the EVP bit was interesting to watch as in this movie it had a purpose rather than just something he did or for the fun of doing it, I found it interesting on the whole, it's worth a look at definitely if you haven't seen it, although I suspect considering it's age now most people have at least seen it on TV or on DVD.

Obviously each to there own train of thoughts and opinions :)