Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anonymous: 'NASA to announce alien life'

even famous astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson....states he believes in the possibility of alien life...

Edited by seeder

Neil DeGrasse Tyson on possible life in the Universe, excellent explanation:  No woo

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

If it's true, I really think it will be fossil traces of bacteria on Mars or something just as unexciting.

Fossil life on another planet.

Unexciting. 

You can only choose one...

• Like 8

This article reads like (1 + 1 = 11) to me. Detailed Assumptions based off general statements.

It would be cool (Even thought I am a religious man!) if alien life was announced.

• Like 3

Nasa has rejected the claims made by this group, it was on my Google news feed. I don't understand why a reputable hacker group did this . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Nasa has rejected the claims made by this group, it was on my Google news feed. I don't understand why a reputable hacker group did this . 

It was also debunked on page one!

And what exactly is a 'reputable hacker'?  :lol:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, seeder said:

It was also debunked on page one!

And what exactly is a 'reputable hacker'?  :lol:

By reputable hacker I meant that this group was involved in taken down of criminal and terror websites and accounts and they seem to have a moral code  I don't understand why they had to do this ? if it comes from a hoaxer or CT website it's understandable but not so sure why anonymous group . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kartikg said:

By reputable hacker I meant that this group was involved in taken down of criminal and terror websites and accounts and they seem to have a moral code  I don't understand why they had to do this ? if it comes from a hoaxer or CT website it's understandable but not so sure why anonymous group . 

Publicity I guess.   I guess they are no longer reputable.  

• Like 3

anyone can stick a mask on and therefore be....anonymous

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

If it's true, I really think it will be fossil traces of bacteria on Mars or something just as unexciting.

Finding proof that there is life outside Earth.... how boring.:innocent:

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Finding proof that there is life outside Earth.... how boring.:innocent:

I suppose I can see why someone might think that.   Most people think that the chances of life out there is close to 100%.   If that is the case, then finding fossil traces of bacteria would be kind of boring I guess.   "Boring" being used as a comparison to finding a living creature.

• Like 3

assuming that we keep trying to find life and our technology keeps improving (let's not get pedantic) with each passing day /year /decades if we don't find life does the probability of finding increases or decreases? at what point we can give up the search? 

15 hours ago, seeder said:

OF COURSE!!

Otherwise we would have known for YEARS that alien life existed.  The point was made by another poster that the govt wouldnt tell anyone if they found life

I simply proved....that the govt already DID..... even tho the claim wasnt true

fair point Seeder, although I would add that microbial life versus little green men flying around our skies are two very different propositions and would garner different reactions IMO

• Like 2

On 26.6.2017 at 2:39 PM, geraldnewfie said:

it will never happen! religion groups wont let that happen because it will go against their precious books,

Fortunately we are living in times meanwhile where the opinions and statements of religious groups/-leaders are not of any relevance and not of any influence to the results of scientific research and its findings.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I suppose I can see why someone might think that.   Most people think that the chances of life out there is close to 100%.   If that is the case, then finding fossil traces of bacteria would be kind of boring I guess.   "Boring" being used as a comparison to finding a living creature.

That's exactly what I meant. That there was bacteria on March is pretty much a given by now, finding proof is merely a confirmation of long held scientific expectations. It's only big for the skeptics.

The 'NASA to announce alien life' sound like mysterious advanced civilization, like we see in movies. But most likely, it will be long gone stuff which lived back to watery March. We probably won't even be able to harvest DNA and will be stuck with it could be related to Earth's life forms or could be not related, we can't tell, but we can't rule out either options.

At least, it's advancing in the direction we expected.

• Like 2

Whenever people talk about NASA keeping secret aluens Im reminded of that business a few years back, some comments from NASA about a press conference that would shatter everything we knew about Mars.

Cue lots of "ALIENS!" speculation.  Turned out that Mars is10% more iron-y than previously thought. NASA utterly geeking out over this. Everyone else... not do much.

NASA cant keep iron content secret. Do you HONESTLY think they can keep aluens secret?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, kartikg said:

assuming that we keep trying to find life and our technology keeps improving (let's not get pedantic) with each passing day /year /decades if we don't find life does the probability of finding increases or decreases? at what point we can give up the search? 

Collatz Conjecture

• Like 1

On 27/06/2017 at 7:49 AM, paperdyer said:

Remember, fish were the supposed start to life on land. 

Unless plants evolved from fish I think your assumption is wrong.  

As far as detecting fish, I'm guessing seaweed gases and other plant emissions will be detectable in alien atmospheres well before fish.

• Like 1

1rmsmn.jpg

Finally, Georgio gets a break....

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 6

Well it is inevitable that life is out there in some form, even just bacterial or plant life at the very least, but we shall have to wait for an official announcement, that is of course if the hackers were wrong......;)

• Like 1

My little "Alien Friend' assures me NASA will never admit something like that. My friend also resents being called a bacteria.

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 7:39 AM, geraldnewfie said:

it will never happen! religion groups wont let that happen because it will go against their precious books, gov wont let that happen because it will bring chaos and well the US is so high strung on god this announcement will never happen

Religious groups don't limit GOD to earth only. To limit GOD to anything would be against thier religion.

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

This might come as a shock to many but there is a world outside the US. :innocent:

Of course!  The Brady Bunch went to Hawaii you know.  ;)

• Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked