Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anonymous: 'NASA to announce alien life'

9 hours ago, UFOwatcher said:

My little "Alien Friend' assures me NASA will never admit something like that. My friend also resents being called a bacteria.

Indded, hes more of a fungus. 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, UFOwatcher said:

My little "Alien Friend' assures me NASA will never admit something like that. My friend also resents being called a bacteria.

How about an AB - Alien Bug?

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, taniwha said:

Unless plants evolved from fish I think your assumption is wrong.  

As far as detecting fish, I'm guessing seaweed gases and other plant emissions will be detectable in alien atmospheres well before fish.

I should have clarified the statement as non-vegetation/microbe/fungus/.........:rofl:

Here's a very sensible, measured response to the anonymous broadcast.

No NASA has (still) not discovered proof of alien life

The video is a rambling (over 12 minutes), rather incoherent collection of statements and quotes from various people and NASA websites. The main quote that is attributed to the alien life claim is from Zurbuchen, speaking at a House Science Committee hearing in April. The quote, taken a little out of context, is, “Taking into account all of the different activities and missions that are specifically searching for evidence of alien life, we are on the verge of making one of the most profound, unprecedented, discoveries in history.”

If you watch the House Science Committee hearing, Zurbuchen is talking about upcoming missions like the Mars 2020 rover and the Europa Clipper mission — both of which will look for sign of life and conditions suitable for life – as well as current missions like the Kepler telescope that has discovered and confirmed thousands of planets around other stars. Of course, Zurbuchen is talking about these missions in the most exciting way possible to make sure Congress is excited about these missions, too. But he certainly does not say that NASA has found alien life, or that they have evidence they will be revealing soon. He tweeted about that this morning, too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 8:21 PM, NotAlien7 said:

Religious groups don't limit GOD to earth only. To limit GOD to anything would be against thier religion.

Religion and God don't mix well together. Religion is the root of problems, and God is just the idea of a creator. 

Rational people wouldn't limit God to anything, but religion isn't rational.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether Anonymous's claims are true or not, I would love for it to be so! However, I do think the time for Governments and companies like NASA to admit the truth. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/nasa-planetary-protection-officer-job-opening-2017-7 I also found this rather interesting for everyone. They must think something is there to have a job position which pays someone 187k a year... Hmmmmm... *Scratches head*

1 hour ago, Bau said:

I'm not sure whether Anonymous's claims are true or not, I would love for it to be so! However, I do think the time for Governments and companies like NASA to admit the truth. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/nasa-planetary-protection-officer-job-opening-2017-7 I also found this rather interesting for everyone. They must think something is there to have a job position which pays someone 187k a year... Hmmmmm... *Scratches head*

Or ... as a stunning alternative idea .... they've been telling the truth for decades.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2017 at 11:41 PM, Astra. said:

I like to think it's only a matter of time before we get news of some type of micro-bacterial life that's been discovered on Mars or some other planetary body. Fingers crossed it's sooner than later.

I agree , once the discoveries start being announce, the possibilities are endless of what may be found 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ozfactor said:

I agree , once the discoveries start being announce, the possibilities are endless of what may be found 

Yes I know Oz....gosh how awesome will it be, once they discover some other life form...and then announce it. I can't wait for that day :)..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bau said:

I'm not sure which truth you are speaking about.

You said it's time for the governments and NASA to admit the truth. 

Now, my interpretive skills are pretty good. From that phrase some things can be garnered via deductive and inductive thought. The foremost being "they haven't been telling the truth in the past". Now, in the past they've said there's no evidence for alien visitation, moon men, ancient astronauts making pyramids and so forth.

therefore, based in you comment about "admitting the truth" render those comments to be "not the truth". my comment was therefore "they have been telling the truth", which seems to be something a lot of people struggle to accept.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bau said:

I'm not sure which truth you are speaking about.

There is only one. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, badeskov said:

There is only one. 

There are actually three - your side, my side and the truth.

I don't understand why you think they would be telling the truth in the first place. Whether or not they get there in the end, we normally do find out about events a lot later than what they happen.

For example, that massive hole in the Sun that they have only apparently noticed now? Seems a bit ridiculous it just turned up out of nowhere. 

They also obviously have to keep certain pieces of information a secret as well, I don't know why, but we all know there are levels to secrecy of information within the government. I imagine NASA have some information which is in the highest band where only some people are allowed to know the ins and outs. Let alone they probably have way advanced technology than we have on the local market these days.

For them to be telling the truth there would have to be transparency and there isn't (which isn't to say they lie all the time, obviously they tell some truth to some degree).

30 minutes ago, Bau said:

I don't understand why you think they would be telling the truth in the first place. Whether or not they get there in the end, we normally do find out about events a lot later than what they happen.

For example, that massive hole in the Sun that they have only apparently noticed now? Seems a bit ridiculous it just turned up out of nowhere. 

They also obviously have to keep certain pieces of information a secret as well, I don't know why, but we all know there are levels to secrecy of information within the government. I imagine NASA have some information which is in the highest band where only some people are allowed to know the ins and outs. Let alone they probably have way advanced technology than we have on the local market these days.

For them to be telling the truth there would have to be transparency and there isn't (which isn't to say they lie all the time, obviously they tell some truth to some degree).

I don't understand why you think they're lying.

we know so little about the sun, we've been studying it for such a short amount of time that "mysterious holes" or whatever are inevitable to crop up and challenge our understandings of the nature of the universe.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 2

Why would they tell the world of alien life form when most people probably couldn't comprehend the idea and as well the mass panic that would happen at the same time? Of course there will be some people which can accept it and would probably be quite open about it, but there is no doubt that a lot of people are going to freak out. It's not to say they are lying, because NASA (I don't think) has ever denied the fact there could be alien life form, but at the same time if Earth has been contacted or visited they have also failed to tell us. Evading the truth is very close to lying in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bau said:

Why would they tell the world of alien life form when most people probably couldn't comprehend the idea and as well the mass panic that would happen at the same time? Of course there will be some people which can accept it and would probably be quite open about it, but there is no doubt that a lot of people are going to freak out. It's not to say they are lying, because NASA (I don't think) has ever denied the fact there could be alien life form, but at the same time if Earth has been contacted or visited they have also failed to tell us. Evading the truth is very close to lying in my opinion.

Do you remember a few years back, the flap about "something to radically change our understanding of Mars" that NASA kicked off on Twitter? Lot of people jumping to "ALIENS!" style conclusions. In reality it was the fact Martian soil had 10% more iron then previously thought. NASA was wetting itself in excitement over iron. 

Now... imagine they had evidence of aliens. Do you REALLY think no one would talk? 

• Like 3

I don't see how what I am saying has any relevance to Twitter, I don't even use the site, so no I never heard of it. Still how does this mean that NASA has never been contacted or visited before? Your argument doesn't invalidate my point as at the end of the day it's still a theory that neither of us can answer. I don't work for NASA and neither do you. We are entitled to our own opinions, but if you're going to 'debate' with me, then Twitter isn't going to help.

Yeah, I do think that no one would talk, because the first thing NASA is going to want to do is figure out who the aliens are, where they come from and what their purpose here on Earth is. They wouldn't be thinking about telling anyone straight away, because they know how many questions will be fired their way the second it becomes public. They are smart enough to know that they need answers before they can comment on such a thing, unless it was an immediate threat with war. 

Then how about human behaviour?

the Twitter reference was an example of human behaviour.

1 hour ago, Bau said:

Yeah, I do think that no one would talk, because the first thing NASA is going to want to do is figure out who the aliens are, where they come from and what their purpose here on Earth is. They wouldn't be thinking about telling anyone straight away, because they know how many questions will be fired their way the second it becomes public. They are smart enough to know that they need answers before they can comment on such a thing, unless it was an immediate threat with war. 

not_even_bait.jpg.e39c53ad0ba816560ab95a8497babe5e.jpg

Need more be said?

2 hours ago, Bau said:

Whether or not they get there in the end, we normally do find out about events a lot later than what they happen. For example, that massive hole in the Sun that they have only apparently noticed now? Seems a bit ridiculous it just turned up out of nowhere

Nonsense. First, the appearance is named coronal hole and is well known for decades. 2nd, the data/images generated by the NASA STEREO and SDO satellites are always published on the associated NASA pages. Thirdly, actual coronal holes get always reported by spaceweather.com, todays (06AUG) published coronal hole image was taken on 06AUG.

They also obviously have to keep certain pieces of information a secret as well, I don't know why, but we all know there are levels to secrecy of information within the government.

"They", who is/are "they"? If you claim that there are certain pieces of information to be kept secret, how can you know about?

Speculations.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bau said:

If people are going to panic and choas will ensue  then all I can say is NASA I'd doing a good job by keeping alien visitation a secret, public safety comes first or nasa has to still discover aliens 

4 hours ago, Bau said:

We don't really have to speculate what NASA would do if the found evidence of life, because we actually know what they would do. 

Back in 1996 this actually happened and NASA told the whole world in press conference held by the president, they did not cover it up.

I don't know why people conveniently forget about this when they talk about NASA cover ups. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for an announcement of intelligent life on Earth ...

I think there will always be a certain amount of conspiracy thinking about subjects like this. It's too juicy a topic NOT to invoke cabals and high-level cover-ups.

Besides ... if there WAS discovery of alien life, our new Planetary Protection Officer would surely tell us!

5987002f30342_captainplanet.png.cb373f443b0a744faad87191d66f3c03.png

"Look! Over there! ALIENS!!!"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There are actually three - your side, my side and the truth.

There is still only one truth. What you and I have are opinions, that may or may not coincide with said truth B)

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked