Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Farmer77

Any Vape Pen recommendations

57 posts in this topic

GlitterRose
12 minutes ago, moonman said:

Anything with a lithium battery is subject to the same risks. Meltdowns are mostly due to people using unprotected/cheap batteries in unsafe/cheap setups (not to mention improper chargers). Battery chemistry and design has changed for the better, new models are much less likely to fail.

Buy a reputable device with a good battery, and you won't have an issue. I've personally owned and used tens of different batteries and devices, and I've never had an issue.

Looks like there's absolutely no regulation on the things. No one checking to make sure they're safe.

I guess the best thing would be if you're going to use them, not to get a cheap one. But it's still taking a chance. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2jYS7wsrVAhVEPiYKHbqdBM8QFghRMAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fbusiness%2Fconsumer%2Fwhat-s-causing-some-e-cigarette-batteries-explode-n533516&usg=AFQjCNGyHgVhqwayY4JnxkKoDb10nw72Dw

moonman

If someone is that worried about it, they should quit using cellphones. Those blow up too.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed safe. Buying reputable equipment is all you can do to be safe with anything that has lithium batteries. If you buy cheap Chinese crap, you are gambling.

Edited by moonman

MissMelsWell
On 8/7/2017 at 11:30 PM, Claire. said:

LIVING may not be safe, and yeah sure, anyone can say what the heck, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so why not vape my brains out. But that's hardly the most sensible outlook is it. As for safe alternatives, there are several, and yes, cold turkey is one of them. So is nicotine replacement therapy, trigger avoidance, and even cutting back until you are able to quit altogether.

I also have no objection to vaping if nothing else works. But it's one thing to use e-cigarettes as a temporary means to an end, another to continue using them long after your primary objective has been achieved.

As for your health improvements, we've only your word to take for it. I've no idea what doctors you're seeing, what specific tests have been done, or how closely you're being monitored. I am not suggesting you're being dishonest, but I trust you'll understand why I would not recommend anyone rely on anecdotal evidence when it comes to making such a decision. I don't think you would make such a recommendation either. Everyone is different. What is harmless to one person, might be quite harmful to another.

As for why I'm vested in this topic, I wasn't until misleading information was posted. It had to be addressed, especially given the fact that we have younger members here. And for the record, I don't eat charred anything. I'm also vegan, so meat is totally off the menu. I also don't smoke, drink, or do drugs and am extremely careful with what products I use. And yeah yeah, I know, I could still get hit by a bus tomorrow...

You really need to check your self-righteousness. 

You have NO player in the game of addiction. Your opinion is useless and was never ask for to begin with. 

I'm glad you believe yourself to be the pillar of health and perfection. I wasn't even talking about being hit by a bus. Newsflash. you're going to DIE some day. You might be 70 or 80, or maybe you'll even be in your 90s...  But in all reality, you'll probably be in your 80s or 90s. I probably will be too. My family genetics tend to lean that way. (my paternal grandfather smoked 2 packs a day of hand-rolled, no filter, cigarettes for over 70 years, he died at 92 of skin cancer. Ranching in an era before sunscreen will kill ya, slowly, but it'll kill ya, maybe in your 90s when you're probably going to die anyway.)

All that can be said about e-cigs is that we don't know what the long terms health risks are if any. I'm willing to take the calculated risk. Clearly others are too. Since you claim to be perfect, this is a calculated chance of risk you won't have to take. Goody for you. I'm sure there are risks you DO take that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 1

MissMelsWell
13 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Looks like there's absolutely no regulation on the things. No one checking to make sure they're safe.

I guess the best thing would be if you're going to use them, not to get a cheap one. But it's still taking a chance. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2jYS7wsrVAhVEPiYKHbqdBM8QFghRMAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fbusiness%2Fconsumer%2Fwhat-s-causing-some-e-cigarette-batteries-explode-n533516&usg=AFQjCNGyHgVhqwayY4JnxkKoDb10nw72Dw

There really isn't any regulation on their manufacturing. This is true. This should probably addressed. I do agree with that. 

moonman

I still think it's funny how I'm accused of posting "misleading" information, when said accuser posted the most misleading cherry-picked stuff I've seen in this thread.

Oh no, think of the children! They probably think fruit flavored ecigs are marketing to kids too, because everyone knows adults HATE tasty things.

Edited by moonman

Still Waters

Ok, can everyone settle down please, there's no need for all this bickering. 

The purpose of this thread was to ask for Vape Pen recommendations, it wasn't to ask for advice on the health issues of smoking. While everyone is entitled to their opinions and the advice given was well intended, it's not what the OP was asking.

I'm a non-smoker myself with a friend who's hooked on e-cigs, so I do see both points of view. However the change of direction in this thread is clearly causing problems. 

May I suggest for those who are non-smokers and feel strongly about the subject start a thread of their own, that will allow the discussion to continue in this one in peace. - Thank you.

• Like 1

Mark One

I got my sister one of these for christmas.http://www.joyetech.com/product/ego-aio-d22/

Its the more compact version of the one I own & she loves it.