Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ol' Slavey!

kirp_7

Like many people have stated before, theirs not enough proof to come to conclusions and assume anything. Possible theories or ideas or accepted, but otherwise, I believe their isn't enough proof to have a say in anything.

452405[/snapback]

There isn't any proof of this "creature".So,unless there is some kind of proof,or material to see or hear,there is no way to decide if this thing exists.

Sorry and thank you, agreeing with your point...

(since it is basically true)

Edited by Mysteryman

Sorry and thank you, agreeing with your point...

(since it is basically true)

452478[/snapback]

No need to be sorry tongue.gif I was merely adding to your point grin2.gif

Btw,yes it is original.gif

Edited by Canadian Rottweiler

some people might of saw something but i doubt that it was a monster but you nevert know and that is strange when the writer sujjests that a monster will make tourism better but that is my opinion maybe you could get some photos or something

In many threads based on the Loch Ness Monster, I basically said one thing.

Anything that rises to the lake-top could be suspected to be any lake monster. For example, if a dead fish were to float to the lake-top and some people may have caught a glimpse of this action, they might come to conclusions immediatley and assume that they have seen the monster of the lake (Loch Ness Monster, Champ, Ogopogo). Also, if someone were to be deep in the forest and saw a hair animal or a monkey, they might come to conclusions, run away, and assume "I saw Bigfoot!". Also, if a branch were to fall in a lake (user posted image), they as in any people specating the lake might come to conclusions and suspect...

Another words, anything people could get their minds to see or want like a little ripple in the water, BAM! "I saw Loch Ness Monster today" or hundreds or reporters come in to check it out meantime it was just a little fish swimming close to the top...Anyone understand what I'm saying?

• 3 weeks later...

Friends, I apologize for dragging this rotting corpse up. Forgive me.

You mention that several divers saw a 'snake-like' creature swimming along the bottom. There are no freshwater eels in Canada. I believe that that is a sighting of a sturgeon, a fairly hard-to-find fish, even up north. Sturgeon are very large, often thin in the wild, and have a sharklike tail. Seems to be very 'snakelike', especially to a surprised rescue diver plunging into the water. As for the rest, pure local storytelling.

Friends, I apologize for dragging this rotting corpse up.  Forgive me.

You mention that several divers saw a 'snake-like' creature swimming along the bottom.  There are no freshwater eels in Canada.  I believe that that is a sighting of a sturgeon, a fairly hard-to-find fish, even up north.  Sturgeon are very large, often thin in the wild, and have a sharklike tail.  Seems to be very 'snakelike', especially to a surprised rescue diver plunging into the water.  As for the rest, pure local storytelling.

478388[/snapback]

Well,i dunno if you are canadian,but i am.First,yes there are freshwater eels in Canada(not in the north).Second,sturgeon are not hard to find,they are quite common here in BC(not in the north,there are none up there).They are not generally thin,they are generally bulky.The tail is sharklike yes.I believe that this guy that made this thread was making it up rolleyes.gif

• 7 years later...

Well this is very interesting cause my father, who is a guide on great slave lake, never heard the stories of ol'slavey and neither have i till today. But what is very interesting is that my father asked me to help him look up Tiamen. because he was trying to explain the fact that when fishing for trout that something else in the lake was taking large fish off the line, (sometimes nothing but guts would be lefter behind) and every so often they catch a fish that they absolutly can not bring up without snapping the line, (even with the use of cable). He said that you would be realing in a fish and all of a sudden it like something pulled the fish right to the bottom of the lake and you can't even pull up on it for a bit then it will let go. Trophy fishing spots have seem to be running dry, also their boats hitting something that felt like a rock but no damage was done to the prop or anything and it was lake something hit the boat. So for my dad to say the same things leads me to beleive, unquestionablely, that something is going on in the lake. The reason he suspected Tiamen was cause of all their sharp teeth. Not saying it is that but its just something we were trying to see if it was possible that was going on, where as like i said we never heard of the tales of ol'slavey till now. I'm telling this from a second party perspective from what I gathered from my father. I don't doubt that there is something strange out in the lake now even from what hes told me and what I've read where others say the same thing.

• Like 1

Well this is very interesting cause my father, who is a guide on great slave lake, never heard the stories of ol'slavey and neither have i till today. But what is very interesting is that my father asked me to help him look up Tiamen. because he was trying to explain the fact that when fishing for trout that something else in the lake was taking large fish off the line, (sometimes nothing but guts would be lefter behind) and every so often they catch a fish that they absolutly can not bring up without snapping the line, (even with the use of cable). He said that you would be realing in a fish and all of a sudden it like something pulled the fish right to the bottom of the lake and you can't even pull up on it for a bit then it will let go. Trophy fishing spots have seem to be running dry, also their boats hitting something that felt like a rock but no damage was done to the prop or anything and it was lake something hit the boat. So for my dad to say the same things leads me to beleive, unquestionablely, that something is going on in the lake. The reason he suspected Tiamen was cause of all their sharp teeth. Not saying it is that but its just something we were trying to see if it was possible that was going on, where as like i said we never heard of the tales of ol'slavey till now. I'm telling this from a second party perspective from what I gathered from my father. I don't doubt that there is something strange out in the lake now even from what hes told me and what I've read where others say the same thing.

Thanks for the story. I suspect the main snake-like culprit is giant ocean going eels.

The lake is certainly large enough to hide something. And not sure if the MacKenzie river would allow large animals as far as GSL (Great Slave Lake), but I assume that would be possible. Perhaps what is in there is some kind of penniped, or some kind of small whale? River dolphins exist, so I don't see any problem in some kind of cold water lake dolphin. But... you'd think we'd have seen a corpse by now. Though.... Wiki says the entire east shore of the lake is basically uninhabited.

Interesting....

hmmm...well I suppose an eel is possible. I'm wondering about my father's Taimen theory as well....Taimen I guess have been mythed to get up to the size of a ton, have cross bred with other speices, they have teeth on their toungue and have been found up north. I beleive my father has more to back up his theory and you know hes open to sudjestions. Where as I say he would like to solve this mystery. Hes definatly the better one to talk to on this subject than me. Hes tried a few things like i said cable and hes braided 8 pieces of fire line together and this thing has ripped it to shreds and litterally almost pulled the rod right out of this guys hands. You know I think about what these divers saw, where they say it had the body of an alligator and the head of a pike, which doesn't support the taimen theory, but yesturday I found this picture on canadian geographic http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/magazine/ja06/indepth/science.asp. Its of a recreation of Elasmosaur and when i say that, i thought well someone could mistake that head for the head of a pike. Maybe its a different version of elasmosaur..... lol...well whatever it is, its quick, large in size, has sharp teeth and eats large trout. and its something that likes to come up and jossel boats around. I'm just going off what my father has said to me and I think its a very interesting subject now. Cause how can he say these things hes exsperienced, and then read that these other people have exsperienced the exact same thing. I think is worth someone looking into for sure.

oh I and I guess I never referance where I've seen what the divers had said but i got it from this page

http://rense.com/general57/dfra.htm here it says

"A decade ago, Arctic Divers was on a deep-water body retrieval near Lutsel K'e when one of its divers saw a terrifying beast.

"It looked much like an alligator, but with a head like a pike," said Wayne Gzowski, the company's district manager."

Then on other pages they say same exact thing, (I especially liked this next site)

http://www.unknownexplorers.com/olslavey.php

http://cryptozoo-oscity.blogspot.ca/2010/03/great-slave-lake-creature-possible.html

Also here so I've never read snake like creature anywhere so I would like to know where you read that unless this is what you were reffering to. Makes me curious the more i read about this, always nice to hear of a real mystery and that there are still things out there waiting to be discovered. Even if it is just a really big fish or prehistoric animal not yet discovered, Whatever it may be I honestly hope its never caught, but I also hope it keeps making its presence known. I do like reading these stories now that I know there is some truth to them.