Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan wants to put a man on the Moon by 2030

UM-Bot

Intriguing... having read the article, I know realise that they are looking to set up a joint spacestation in permanent lunar orbit as a preliminary step to an actual moon landing. 

From a scientific perspective, that could be colossal !

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

So their lander would be designed to operate from the proposed space station rather than like the Apollo lander that drops from a capsule.?

Wonderful ... inspire youth, motivate the sciences, invent new technologies, create new industry, and rekindle the sense of adventure that makes us special.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2017 at 5:52 PM, Merc14 said:

So their lander would be designed to operate from the proposed space station rather than like the Apollo lander that drops from a capsule.?

That's my understanding, @Merc14 . I think it's a terrific idea, and I thoroughly approve !

I believe it's much safer to send technology advanced machinery to the moon than humans space is hard on the body not to mention the dangers out there.the reason why the moon landings stopped is because NASA said it is safer to send robotics

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That's my understanding, @Merc14 . I think it's a terrific idea, and I thoroughly approve !

I do as well, it is what we should have been doing years ago but I wish I had more details.Love this stuff and wish Japan all the luck in the world.

18 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

.the reason why the moon landings stopped is because NASA said it is safer to send robotics

Totally untrue. The reason the moon landings stopped was because the Nixon administration cut the funding and re-directed NASA to build the space shuttle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A very good point Waspie_dwarf. After all, how many "robots" have been sent to the moon since the original landings ? Very few, I would suggest ? So obviously the agenda was NOT to replace manned missions with robots.