Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stars falling from Heaven

Opus Magnus

Something I've thought about for some time, is how light pollution simulates the parts in the Bible about the stars falling from heaven.  This is referenced in different books, Daniel, the Gospel, and Revelation.  I've noticed how, light pollution makes it appear that the stars are gone, and they have fallen into the street lights, lights on the ground.  Further, before I figured this idea, I had thought about how by transference of energy, the sun has become trapped in the earth in electricity.  Energy from the sun is the reason we have oil, I think, because it feeds the plants, they get eaten, etc, then eventually it turns to oil and our electricity, or whatever other source, it comes from the Sun.

Anyway, it's sort of a stretch, but it makes sense if you can reason it far enough.  The stars have fallen from heaven and become the street lights on earth, that's why we can't see them in the cities.  In heaven  as in the earth.  Where there is light pollution and you can't see the stars, it's because they are inhabiting the earth.  Take it metaphorically, prophetically, or literally if you can, I think it's significant.  When we lose our ability to hold the stars down to earth they'll be back in heaven.

I also, have a feeling, I'd like to express. At how sad I think it is for people who have lived in the cities their whole lives and have never seen how the stars actually look out in the country.  Even people who have not spent a lot of time in the country to know how the world really looks.  I think this might make people a little bit delusional, because they don't understand what kind of universe we actually live in.  I'm sure there are more people like this than we'd think.

Also, a punishment from God, he mentions in the Torah, is making heaven like bronze, and the earth like iron, or heaven like iron and earth like bronze.  I've wondered if we're in that punishment now, because looking up at the sky in the cities, there's usually a orangish glow on them from the lights.  It almost looks like iron, and the pavement, is also something like iron or bronze.  Looking towards the city from outside the city it's eerie and ominous to see the orange light and that part of the sky blotted out.

Although, I don't think the raitos actually add up, in Revelation Chapter 12 it says a third of the stars will fall by a swipe of satan's tail. Though, there are far less than 2/3 of the stars in the sky in light pollution.  However, different scriptures don't give a ratio and just say the stars fall.  Scriptures such as Matthew chapter 24, and in the book of Daniel chapter 8.

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea but all the commentaries I've ever read about that scripture have agreed that it references the 1/3 of angelic beings that rebelled with Lucifer and were cast down from heaven.  Lucifer, being the Dragon, swiped the third part down with his tail...

• Like 1

Hmm, I don't know, maybe.  But, I always thought they were just unfortunate stars getting thrown down.

Daniel chapter 8:9

9And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. 10And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them. 11Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down. 12And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered. 13Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

So, I think, because the goat cast them down and stamped on them, they probably aren't his angels, but just unfortunate stars he beating up.

Thought, many of the events are supposedly supposed to have already happened thousands of years ago.  And, now they're prophesized in revelation to happen again.  So, it seems to me it's like a reoccuring thing that keeps happening, I guess up to a pinnacle point when it happens for the last time.  So, it could happen in different ways, depending on how it is happening now.

• Like 1

I've camped on stony man in Virginia some 4000 feet  , I have seen the most astonishing view of the star's , so many looking as if they touched each other . I never have seen them look anything but glittery white. I maybe wrong but why would God punish now ? It's told he is a loving God why punish ? Wasn't that a punishment in the Old Testament ?  And your heaven that is over your head shall be brass, and the earth that is under you shall be iron.Thy heaven;' that part of the atmosphere which was over judea, instead of being replenished with aqueous vapours, should become, with respect to moisture, like brass: and consequently their land would become as hard as iron, and wholly incapable of cultivation; while the clouds might give showers in abundance, and the earth be moist and fruitful in other regions. This sounds like is past tense . I am not disputing what youre saying , I am Catholic and do not know what is taught to the Jewish .  Isn't the punishment going to be during the Tribulation or Rapture ? 

Edited by Darkenpath25

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Something I've thought about for some time, is how light pollution simulates the parts in the Bible about the stars falling from heaven.  This is referenced in different books, Daniel, the Gospel, and Revelation.  I've noticed how, light pollution makes it appear that the stars are gone, and they have fallen into the street lights, lights on the ground.  Further, before I figured this idea, I had thought about how by transference of energy, the sun has become trapped in the earth in electricity.  Energy from the sun is the reason we have oil, I think, because it feeds the plants, they get eaten, etc, then eventually it turns to oil and our electricity, or whatever other source, it comes from the Sun.

Abrahamic religions believe that God is oneness. And the process of creation is that oneness splitting up into the dualities and pluralities that result in the universe. The reversal sees that process run backwards with the dualities and pluralities merging back into oneness.

The falling in of the stars is a description of that process.

A loud rumbling and a great shaking of the ground awoke the Post Master, he rushed out side and fire was gushing up out of the earth. The dim sky line, of a near by ridge  and the mountains were rising upwards, the earth was being torn apart . The natives were running around screaming and in panic. The stars were blotted out from the sky and began to fall to earth. 

Surely it is the end of the world and the coming of the Lord, the good Christian Post Master thought.  He actually saw the stars collapse and fall to earth all around him !

But wait,  they only seemed as large as big medicine balls. Are not stars larger than that ?  Then , one nealry hit him, they were raining down around him ... but then, disappeared when they hit the ground.

Then one hit his arm ! He felt it, but it did  not hurt  ? ? ?   ......      and so on .

(Paraphrased from Post Masters account -  Rotorua volcanic event  - NZ )

The next morning they found some 'stars' floating intact on the lake, they were  thin g;ass ( volcanic) spheres, A flow of volcanic glass must gone across a gas vent and made a huge bubble pipe, the clouds had darkened the sky blotting out the real stars and the glass, still hot was glowing as it  floated down, making them look like balls of glowing light . 

When I was there there was still  2 of these spheres in the old Rotorua museum . 

That night certainly was one to remember ! 

Ps, I live under stars ... wonderful !

You should see them in the central desert here . 

There are so many that the indigenous  make their shapes patterns and signs out of star patterns  but also make them out of the dark patches .

The big emu 

Image result for big emu in the sky

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Darkenpath25 said:

I've camped on stony man in Virginia some 4000 feet  , I have seen the most astonishing view of the star's , so many looking as if they touched each other . I never have seen them look anything but glittery white. I maybe wrong but why would God punish now ? It's told he is a loving God why punish ? Wasn't that a punishment in the Old Testament ?  And your heaven that is over your head shall be brass, and the earth that is under you shall be iron.Thy heaven;' that part of the atmosphere which was over judea, instead of being replenished with aqueous vapours, should become, with respect to moisture, like brass: and consequently their land would become as hard as iron, and wholly incapable of cultivation; while the clouds might give showers in abundance, and the earth be moist and fruitful in other regions. This sounds like is past tense . I am not disputing what youre saying , I am Catholic and do not know what is taught to the Jewish .  Isn't the punishment going to be during the Tribulation or Rapture ? 

The mention of ecological changes as punishment for Israel's sin was prior to their dispersion among the nations (Diaspora).  Yes, they will be judged again as a people in their land of Israel but it will be MUCH worse than failing crops. They are a wholly secular nation and are deep in sin according to God's word.  He said he'd return when they called him, recognizing him for who he is.  By that time, there will only be about 1/3 of the population left alive that had been alive prior to the beginning of the 7 years of tribulation.  

Many Christians believe that the tribulation, especially the final half (the Great Tribulation) will be primarily aimed at Israel.  It is referred to as the "time of Jacob's (Israel's) trouble"   Not that Israel will be the ONLY to suffer.  From the population at the beginning of that 7 years, there will only be roughly 1/3 left alive by the end.  Think of that.  Today that would mean nearly 5 THOUSAND MILLION dead.  WWI and II were less than 200 MILLION by all causes.  It is beyond comprehension.  Most of it will happen due to war and starvation brought on by mankind.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Ps, I live under stars ... wonderful !

You should see them in the central desert here . 

There are so many that the indigenous  make their shapes patterns and signs out of star patterns  but also make them out of the dark patches .

The big emu 

I live in a semi-rural area on the Gulf coast and the milky way just appears like a scant cloud covering in an otherwise clear night sky.  I'd LOVE to see it like THAT :) 

1 hour ago, Darkenpath25 said:

Well, I remember when I was young, like 5 years old or so, I would look up at the stars, I remember one time in particular, up north, and i saw them all kinds of colors, red, green, blue and white and yellow.  Then as I got older,I remember looking at them and seeing them only in white.  I remember wondering why, and wondering if that was a thing children can do, see more colors.  However, I can now see the stars in different colors again.  Not sure why, I think it might be because over the past years I've been looking and counting constellations and planets everynight, or if it's because I prayed to God about it.  I don't know, but I've seen to have gotten my ability to see the star's different colors again.

I don't think God ever really became a loving God, but he just sort of gave up on believing mankind would achieve all he wanted them to.  I think a lot of it is an attempt to maintain homeostasis, or stop people before they ruin the homeostasis of the rest of mankind and the earth in general.  I think, just like an ordinary man, if you have people down there ruining nice things of yours, you'll get angry and then apparently things happen because of your anger.  Because we are made in the image of God, so I figure he'd have emotions like us.

I think God punishes people all the time, and answers prayers, and helps people.  I know Paul said a bunch of stuff I don't always get along with, I think that's where a lot of people get confused with the Bible.  Because, apparently Israel was conquered after the death of Jesus.  I also like the stories of Rasputin and how he supposedly predicted what would happen to Russia if they assassinated him.  But, I can't get along with people saying God can't lie, and he's all love.  Because I don't think God should be restricted like that, he can lie if he wants to.  In one of the first  five books of the Bible, when God is angry at the jews, he says, "And you will know my breach of promise," Because they kept trying to stone Moses to death and revolt in the desert.  So, I think, that means, some people might consider God lying, but I think I've noticed he has a certain way of taking his promises back.

I also think that sometimes in those books, when God was talking to Moses, and Moses talked back to God, that Moses was actually talking to Satan in agreement with Israel, and God was hiding in Moses and replying to Satan.  I think this happens when God says to Moses, "Look at these people: they are all evil, I will destroy them all and raise you alone Moses to carry on the seed of Abraham to all nations." And Moses says back, "No, God, lest the people laugh and mock you because you led all the Jews out of Egypt and got angry and destroyed them, I plead you forgive them and let them all make it to the promised land." So, God repents and only kills some of the Israelite.  Those aren't the exact words, but it's pretty much like that, just a little paraphrased.

It kind of sounds to me like how Satan sounded to Jesus when he was in the desert for 40 days, instead of 40 years.  And Satan said if he would serve him, he'd make Jesus ruler of all the nations of the world.

Edited by Opus Magnus

7 hours ago, and then said:

I live in a semi-rural area on the Gulf coast and the milky way just appears like a scant cloud covering in an otherwise clear night sky.  I'd LOVE to see it like THAT :) 

Image result for outback stars at night

• Like 2