Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why I Think God Exists

Lilly

On 8/10/2017 at 11:41 PM, Be.cause said:

When I walk the streets instead of people I see shining sparks of light, because I know there is a divine seed waiting to sprout even in the biggest lout out there. Like Plato said: ''Be kind to all of those you meet for everyone is fighting a great battle''. The gnostic sage Basilides said that the holy spirit is sown into everything in the world. The prophet Mani said that God is in every blade of grass. There is light everywhere. The Universe is putrid but it is still the creation of a divine Being, ignorant and angry as He is and above him Sophia and Sabaoth whisper for creation to access it's potential of supernova of love.

The universe wasn't created by a divine hand though. ;) 

Edited by AustinHinton

On 12/08/2017 at 0:57 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hmmm, really after all the talk about how you know what other people think past and present.:rolleyes:

jmccr8

A gentleman never enters another persons mind uninvited 

On 12/08/2017 at 0:57 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hmmm, really after all the talk about how you know what other people think past and present.:rolleyes:

jmccr8

And after all he is A MYSTIC  crusader and, i suspect, deliberately keeps his points cryptic. :) 

On 12/08/2017 at 1:02 PM, jmccr8 said:

Well his book says that he created Adam, Eve, and Lilith in his image and we are born in the image of man, so the we/us point is mute.

jmccr8

But i don't take the bible literally. The writers naturally attributed their god with human attributes  They even tend to attribute god their own personal characteristics   And god is not human but alien

However they have one point.  To be a god for humans a being must have a certain synchronicity with  humans  and be able to think like them and behave like them   Any real god will have evolved intelligence and wisdom and control.

And humans also have the ability to do this.  In genesis god says that, given knowledge and time, humans will become as gods themselves. Some writer had clearly thought this resemblance to god by man   through to its ultimate conclusion. .

Just to point out.  The name lilith never appears in the bible.  Eve was adam's first and only wife in the bible. The legend of lilith is extra biblical, a myth or legend developed  as an adjunct to the bible but not of it  She is a creature in some hebrew writings and was adopted by gnostics  .   

Edited by Mr Walker

On 12/08/2017 at 4:29 PM, jmccr8 said:

A sharped pencil gets blunt after a few strokes or rather  not as sharp as it once was.

jmccr8

Then it is more useful, because it does not tear the page so easily,  and can be used to shade things more effectively :) 

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Then it is more useful, because it does not tear the page so easily,  and can be used to shade things more effectively :) 

Things getting a little slow for you Walker that your quoting me?:lol:

jmccr8

On 12/08/2017 at 11:54 PM, ChaosRose said:

He rages against the injustices of existence, and I can't blame him for that. 

I've never got why people feel existence is unjust.  The laws of natural consequence seem very clear to me and the world a very just place  

That is not to say that man is always just  Far from it   Nature is neither just nor unjust  but existence simply is, and mostly our own existence is how we make it by the way we construct our inner perceptions and  understanding of the external environment in which we live.

To me, basically being alive and self aware is absolutely bloody fantastic, and all we are " entitled to" in life.   Any additional benefits you  can build into being alive and aware, by how you look at your life, and how you work at shaping it , are all bonuses 

On 13/08/2017 at 2:32 AM, ChaosRose said:

I think there's something deep in our psyche that is a sort of emptiness. It's a longing for something, whether that's answers or some higher consciousness. 

People try to fill it with all kinds of things that just don't satisfy. 

Without realising that everything the y need for happiness already exists within their consciousness.

To be happy, very simply, you only have to choose to be happy. The hard part is knowing and understanding and being able to reproduce that sense of happiness (or joy or contentment) on demand   

On 14/08/2017 at 1:29 AM, AustinHinton said:

The universe wasn't created by a divine hand though. ;) 

Almost certainly not :)

But then again, at present, no one can really know, and it would depend on your definition of divine.

An entity or race which could create a universe, would be defined by a species in our current evolutionary state as divine.

By even more advanced beings, they might be called children playing in a sand box. 

16 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Things getting a little slow for you Walker that your quoting me?:lol:

jmccr8

When coming back to new posts i start with the first one and reply,  only reading the others as i reach them. Thus i had made my comment, before noticing that you had said something similar  

I also noticed we made similar comments here. Scary isnt it?   :)

But yes. Looks like a week of fairly constant rain which will be absolutely fabulous for the farmers after winter rain did not fall until july  so I Am getting some extra time online, then sitting in front of the wood fire, reading, and watching some new movies online