Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Italy has had enough Refugees

eugenonegin

Yeah, more countries should take in refugees to take some of the weight off Italy.

*waits for it*

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

I've been pondering this. Why doesn't Italy safely receive them and then safely ship them back to the port they left from. This may be the best way to stop all this from happening again and again. The word will get out quickly not to try this method.  The first group or two that this happens to might be stranded back in Africa but this may prevent future attempts. people dying at sea and money exhorting schemes by the agents coordinating this mess.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yeah, more countries should take in refugees to take some of the weight off Italy.

*waits for it*

Yeah, I can just see Trump volunteering to take them in, LOL.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Yeah, I can just see Trump volunteering to take them in, LOL.

Not all of them, of course.

Most of the migrant boats come from Libya following the UK-based removal of dictator Muammar Gaddafi. This allowed smugglers to set up lucrative trafficking routes from African nations, the Middle East and Bangladesh to Europe.

Great idea that was

Somewhere in hell Gaddaffi is laughing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

*waits for it*

cause it has worked out so well so far :lol: oh wait no it hasn`t, not at ALL

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

cause it has worked out so well so far :lol: oh wait no it hasn`t, not at ALL

Yeah, Canada's a mess with all those Syrians.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yeah, Canada's a mess with all those Syrians just to let you know

Tell me where it has worked and most are not Syrian just to let you know

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I've been pondering this. Why doesn't Italy safely receive them and then safely ship them back to the port they left from. This may be the best way to stop all this from happening again and again. The word will get out quickly not to try this method.  The first group or two that this happens to might be stranded back in Africa but this may prevent future attempts. people dying at sea and money exhorting schemes by the agents coordinating this mess.

The problem is, they are not citizen of the country they sailed from. They usually don't have their original papers either, so they don't have a returnee address. If they want to apply as official refugees, they'll have to give more info, but it will take months for the authorities to find where to send them back.

In the meanwhile, they could jail them I guess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

The problem is, they are not citizen of the country they sailed from. They usually don't have their original papers either, so they don't have a returnee address. If they want to apply as official refugees, they'll have to give more info, but it will take months for the authorities to find where to send them back.

In the meanwhile, they could jail them I guess.

I was saying just take them back to the port where they left from and be done with it. It might be harsh to the first boatloads but the word must get out that this must be stopped. To save future lives this might be the best thing. These crazy undocumented life threatening journeys should be stopped.

I am willing to listen if you think this is wrong.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I dare you to take in just five males from who knows where, of course you won`t.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I was saying just take them back to the port where they left from and be done with it. It might be harsh to the first boatloads but the word must get out that this must be stopped. To save future lives this might be the best thing. These crazy undocumented life threatening journeys should be stopped.

Don`t take them at all. I find it funny that some of these so called refugees go back and fight for isis and than are allowed back into a host nation. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

Don`t take them at all. 

Isn't that what I was saying. So you agree with my plan? I hope you are not suggesting letting them drown in the sea?

Oh I hear you and agree but when I see this

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Even if you could prove the boat came from say, Libya, Italy still has no business to send illegals in Libya if they aren't citizen of the country. It as if United States would send Salvadorian in Canada because they don't want them around. You can't do that, it's not legal. If you can prove the refugees are Libyans, then you can send them back. But if they were originally from Mali, the only country the international law will allow you to deport them is Mali. And things get even more complicated with stateless people who are not citizen of any country.

The best you could do is build a artificial island in international water and send them there. Or send them to very far away islands like Crozet Islands or South Sandwich Islands.

and we get this bs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gingitsune said:

Even if you could prove the boat came from say, Libya, Italy still has no business to send illegals in Libya if they aren't citizen of the country. It as if United States would send Salvadorian in Canada because they don't want them around. You can't do that, it's not legal. If you can prove the refugees are Libyans, then you can send them back. But if they were originally from Mali, the only country the international law will allow you to deport them is Mali. And things get even more complicated with stateless people who are not citizen of any country.

The best you could do is build a artificial island in international water and send them there. Or send them to very far away islands like Crozet Islands or South Sandwich Islands.

I was thinking like considering they never landed anywhere, they were rescued, and returned to departing port. The Mali person must have already been in Libya to have left from there. His status in Libya is not in Italy's jurisdiction to address. That's what I was thinking.

• Like 2

But legally, it's too late once the Malian as left Libyan waters you can no longer send him back. A better strategy would be to blockade Libyan waters so no boat can leave without your approval. At that moment, you can still turn the Malian back to Libya.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

Send a message no more or else bomb bomb we can`t hide this anymore. They are nothing more than pirates ready to reap a nation. Might sound nasty but it`s true. Take a look we already do that.

Not really the video I ment to post but I don`t know how to delete the vid. Oh wait just did it lol

Just now, Gingitsune said:

But legally, it's too late once the Malian as left Libyan waters you can no longer send him back. A better strategy would be to blockade Libyan waters so no boat can leave without your approval. At that moment, you can still turn the Malian back to Libya.

That might work too. But international laws are made by nations and changes can be made to address situations not originally envisioned by the laws.

• Like 1

after reading the above discussion regarding legal problems in sending them back may I suggest an extreme step of just shooting and drowning the boats as soon as they enter Italian waters? if this happens just once it will stop the illegal migration . 

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

How many have been taken in in Likely?

7 minutes ago, and then said:

How many have been taken in in Likely?

He has no idea. We can`t even monitor the ones walking across the border. Let alone the ones we actualy let in. No ID  no entry that would be my rule. Then bill them for the plane ticket home as that would work lol

• Like 2

Rules will always be fudged when a big crisis hit anyway, send them back to the country you think they are from or the country they set sail from. Don't like it? Don't come. Keep helping them and they will continue to arrive. They need to know they will not be welcome.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked