Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help! Three parallel scratch marks on my arm!

redlippedbeauti

I'm scared. I'm not even kidding you when I say this. I literally have three parallel, unexplained scratch marks on my right arm. Out of nowhere. I instantly thought "mark of the beast" without even knowing what it is. So I google "three scratches" and that's what I found. What do you think? I don't know how to resize the picture to make it small enough to attach. 

Most likely you scratched yourself without knowing it.

• Like 2

How large of a scratch?

Pets in the house? Children?

Allergies?

What did you do today? Yard work, hiking, anything outdoors? 

I do hope you figure out how to resize the photo. 

Edited by SecretSanta

4 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

How large of a scratch?

Pets in the house? Children?

Allergies?

What did you do today? Yard work, hiking, anything outdoors? 

I do hope you figure out how to resize the photo. 

They are thick marks, about two inches in length. They don't look like scratches from a fingernail or pet. I stayed with my grandmother who despises pets lol I have no children. I haven't done anything but go to the grocery store. It's on the part of my arm that touches my body. I'm going to look into resizing my picture. 

33 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Most likely you scratched yourself without knowing it.

I hope that's the case, but I don't think so. 

3 minutes ago, redlippedbeauti said:

I hope that's the case, but I don't think so. 

It most likely is, take it from someone who's a pro at getting random, scratches, cuts, bruises they can happen without knowing how, when or from what. Not being rude but I can't see the scratches, unless you mean they're what on my screen is appearing as yellowish lines?

10 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

It most likely is, take it from someone who's a pro at getting random, scratches, cuts, bruises they can happen without knowing how, when or from what. Not being rude but I can't see the scratches, unless you mean they're what on my screen is appearing as yellowish lines?

The yellowish lines are my skin lol the darker parts are the marks. I'll try to see if I can change the color of the pic. It's really hard to see because the quality is really poor and I'm already brown. I can't change the color. 

Ok I thought it was my desktops monitor (its older lol) making the quality look poor. Also welcome to UM :)

Edited by Ruby04
Add words.
  • Like 1

I don't think this is something you should be too concerned about unless it continues to happen on a regular basis. As it stands, I would think there is a perfectly normal explanation for this such as what Ruby mentioned. I can see the marks in your photo but they're rather faint and don't seem at all serious, personally I believe they do have the same width as what would be expected from a finger which supports Ruby's suggestion. Other than that they might be marks left over from leaning against something for an extended period of time as from what I can see they don't taper at either end which is what one would expect from a scratch.

So don't stress ^_^. There really doesn't seem to be any reason to panic at the moment.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Ok I thought it was my desktops monitor (its older lol) making the quality look poor. Also welcome to UM :)

Thank you!

• Like 1

Welcome :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

I don't think this is something you should be too concerned about unless it continues to happen on a regular basis. As it stands, I would think there is a perfectly normal explanation for this such as what Ruby mentioned. I can see the marks in your photo but they're rather faint and don't seem at all serious, personally I believe they do have the same width as what would be expected from a finger which supports Ruby's suggestion. Other than that they might be marks left over from leaning against something for an extended period of time as from what I can see they don't taper at either end which is what one would expect from a scratch.

So don't stress ^_^. There really doesn't seem to be any reason to panic at the moment.

They do taper at the ends but you're right, they are kind of faint in comparison to some marks I've had before. I also have unexplained bruising on my arms i noticed before this mark. It's just really odd this is happening. 

And thank you! 

14 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redlippedbeauti said:

They do taper at the ends but you're right, they are kind of faint in comparison to some marks I've had before. I also have unexplained bruising on my arms i noticed before this mark. It's just really odd this is happening. 

Some people can bruise much easier than others. Also, what time does this usually happen? If you're noticing them primarily after waking up, I can almost assure you that your body might inadvertently be laying in a way that causes this.

17 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

Some people can bruise much easier than others. Also, what time does this usually happen? If you're noticing them primarily after waking up, I can almost assure you that your body might inadvertently be laying in a way that causes this.

I notice at night when I shower. But the bruises are on the outside of my upper arms, which could be explained by maybe bumping into something, but these marks are on the inside of my arm that touches my flanks. I sleep on my stomach and I'm right handed so I have no idea how this would even happen. But I guess it's possible. It looks like someone grabbed my arm. I also occasionally have night terrors and sleep paralysis. I don't really move much while I'm sleeping. I also never have bruised easily, except when I was on blood thinners for 6 months after a pulmonary embolism.

I learned years ago not to let my fingernails get to long

• 10 months later...

I experienced this last night but worse. I was awake just in my room early hours, the back of my left shoulder was burning and sore. I put my hand over it and felt what seemed to be fresh feeling scratch marks. Over the course of the next hour it continued I decided to take a look in the mirror and I had multiple scratches on my back. In the morning I took another look at it and I counted 14 scratches. even discovered one or two on my leg. I never scratched myself over the course of the day or night. 

Edited by CoreyThomas

4 hours ago, CoreyThomas said:

I experienced this last night but worse. I was awake just in my room early hours, the back of my left shoulder was burning and sore. I put my hand over it and felt what seemed to be fresh feeling scratch marks. Over the course of the next hour it continued I decided to take a look in the mirror and I had multiple scratches on my back. In the morning I took another look at it and I counted 14 scratches. even discovered one or two on my leg. I never scratched myself over the course of the day or night. 

My perspective: I personally believe the possibility of paranormally produced scratches and burning is pretty well established.

In your case, anything else going on that might be related? Usually there are more unusual things going on in the paranormal cases than just nighttime attacks.

4 hours ago, CoreyThomas said:

You had a spider in your bed and scratched the snot out of it. Those nasty little yellow spiders are getting pretty common and their bites itch and burn.

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

You had a spider in your bed and scratched the snot out of it. 

Why do you state such a thing in terms of certainty and not possibility? It makes you seem a bit arrogant and closed-minded don't even you agree? Unless that is how you want to come across for some  reason?

This is a general question on responding to experiencers beyond this one case.

Those marks don't look like much at all. I wouldn't worry about them, if they were on me I doubt I would have even noticed them.  

Worrying about some unexplained thing trying to hurt you is the last place your mind should go.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why do you state such a thing in terms of certainty and not possibility? It makes you seem a bit arrogant and closed-minded don't even you agree? Unless that is how you want to come across for some  reason?

This is a general question on responding to experiencers beyond this one case.

Been having a lot of folks coming to me with this type of case. Been finding spiders. As a worker I look for a medical reason first. If the OP doesn't find spiders. I would suggest they go to a dermatologist. If they can't determine anything. Then it's time to look for something else.

I've been a worker on and off for 3 decades papa.  

56 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My perspective: I personally believe the possibility of paranormally produced scratches and burning is pretty well established.

In your case, anything else going on that might be related? Usually there are more unusual things going on in the paranormal cases than just nighttime attacks.

When scratches and burning start is when you have crap flying around and manifestations. It doesn't start with scratches. It gets really hairy with them.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Been having a lot of folks coming to me with this type of case. Been finding spiders. As a worker I look for a medical reason first. If the OP doesn't find spiders. I would suggest they go to a dermatologist. If they can't determine anything. Then it's time to look for something else.

I've been a worker on and off for 3 decades papa.  

But that response doesn't even address my actual question as to why you answered with such certainty and not possibility.