Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kim Jong Un Fires Off Another Missile.

Astra.

It's just a matter of time.

I only hope the USA and China are going to be allied against North Korea and that CNN hasn't upset Putin to the point he jumps into the wrong fire.

• Like 1

China has had plenty of time to make a more determined attempt to lean more heavily on NK because of their nuclear ambitions. Their policies have done very little to deter this lunatic's constant threat to destabilising peace in the region / and the world.

When is enough enough ?.....if it's going to take other countries such as the US and allies to put an end to this unrelenting threat, once and for all.....then so be it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Astra. said:

China has had plenty of time to make a more determined attempt to lean more heavily on NK because of their nuclear ambitions. Their policies have done very little to deter this lunatic's constant threat to destabilising peace in the region / and the world.

When is enough enough ?.....if it's going to take other countries such as the US and allies to put an end to this unrelenting threat, once and for all.....then so be it. 

I agree with you but it's likely millions will die. Then again maybe not. Maybe something unexpected will occur and we'll all be relieved. 

• Like 2

As I understand NK has a line of visible artillery pointed at Seoul just ready to rain hell on the city. It's often said that soon as NK is attacked they'll unleash that attillery.  Wouldn't it make sense for US to launch an obliteration operation on that offensive line first which would help contain all other fighting within the NK borders?

As for their long range missile silos, or whatever they are, I seen a part of a documentary about how they're hidden underground and in the jungles and that we have little to no satellite information about the locations. I seen Lilly ask about that earlier.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2017 at 0:27 PM, glorybebe said:

Well, really.  They need to stop antagonizing each other.  What do they think will happen if they keep picking at each other?

Kim doesn't need any nation to pick on him.

He'll act like a moron regardless.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, F3SS said:

You're up for helping us, right Australia? 

I should hope so.

• Like 3

It's simple, the fat boy threatens the US with a nuclear strike, so to stop this maniac, a US military intervention is inevitable unless you want to call his bluff and jeopardize the lives of millions of US citizens.    

• Like 2

I'm sure China will be perfectly willing to help.  Trump might have to recognize the artificial islands and the ocean around them as Chinese territory and stop all military sales to Taiwan.  Maybe cut some more favorable trade deals and drop the tariff talk.  But right after these small things, china will be there to smooth things out.<sarcasm>

• Like 2

NK fired missile, just missing commercial aircraft. Heard this on the news yesterday when I got to work. Will look for other links.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/02/passenger-plane-flies-past-north-korea-ballistic-missile-crash/

Here ya go:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/north-koreas-latest-ballistic-missile-test-landed-10/story?id=48972622

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Sooner or later, dumb luck is going to intervene and he's gonna hit something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Sooner or later, dumb luck is going to intervene and he's gonna hit something.

This is why.. in one way or another... this crazy guy needs to be permanently taken out. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Lilly said:

I'm so seriously not liking Lil' Kim at this point. :angry:

Interestingly Duterte is weighing in ...

Using characteristically crude language, Duterte teed off against Kim ahead of a regional security meeting in Manila where the hermit state's ballistic missile tests will be a hot agenda item.

"He is playing with dangerous toys and this crazy man, do not be fooled by his face, that chubby face that looks nice," Duterte, 72, said of Kim in a nationally televised speech.

"That son-of-a-whore maniac, if he makes a mistake then the Far East will become an arid land. It must be stopped, this nuclear war, because (if) a limited confrontation blows up here, I tell you the fallout, the soil, the resources. I don't know what will happen to us. We won't be able to plant anything productive."

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/08/03/05/30/duterte-warns-maniac-kim-threatens-all-of-asia

It's interesting because this is coming after Duterte went soft on China's claims on the South China Sea while starting to get tougher on the Balangiga Bells. link

China's neo-colonialism seems to be a bit more palatable for the Asian Century.  China is still able to trade under the sanctions currently in place. They will continue to grow.

our fate depends on realism on all sides, vital interests must be clearly defined, America must strengthen its democracy and China address its failures of governance - threats come from within.

There is a need, he writes, for great thinkers to devise a grand strategy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-14/sleepwalking-to-world-war-three-stan-grant/8710390

I just can't shake the thought of unleashing the US economy while they still number one.

Could Trump, Kim Jong Un solve this face-to-face?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Could Trump, Kim Jong Un solve this face-to-face?

Nope, but Good Daughter number one can, bet Ivanka will have Lil' Kim under her little finger in a heartbeat ... and his hands on his uhmmm ... personal heat seeker missile

~

Edited by third_eye
spellcheck blindspot
  • Like 2

On 7/30/2017 at 0:58 PM, stevewinn said:

Russia and China are probably pleased with Kim. because he's tying up US resources. Russia increasing their military, China doing the same. Between the three of them Russia, China & N.Korea must be stretching the US, and we can see this today the USA is being contested in all areas Land, Air, Sea, Space and Cyberspace. by all three mentioned. seriously worrying times.

I agree and I think it's time to publicly offer Japan and S.K. help with creating their own nuke deterrent.  China and Russia would get that message quickly enough.  It's a dangerous, potentially destabilizing gambit but doing nothing would be worse for the U.S.  China has to be made painfully aware that their guard dog has outlived his usefulness and may be about to cost them dearly.  I'd also begin moving nonessential U.S. personnel off the peninsula and have lots of news coverage for the process.  Moving in a couple more THAAD batteries and support troops wouldn't hurt either.  The coward-in-chief of the last 8 years may have left the world with the impression that the U.S. is on the decline but even in decline, our conventional and nuclear forces are so far ahead of our enemies that they KNOW the risk they'd be taking if they rolled the dice and attacked us.  

13 hours ago, and then said:

I agree and I think it's time to publicly offer Japan and S.K. help with creating their own nuke deterrent.  China and Russia would get that message quickly enough.  It's a dangerous, potentially destabilizing gambit but doing nothing would be worse for the U.S.  China has to be made painfully aware that their guard dog has outlived his usefulness and may be about to cost them dearly.  I'd also begin moving nonessential U.S. personnel off the peninsula and have lots of news coverage for the process.  Moving in a couple more THAAD batteries and support troops wouldn't hurt either.  The coward-in-chief of the last 8 years may have left the world with the impression that the U.S. is on the decline but even in decline, our conventional and nuclear forces are so far ahead of our enemies that they KNOW the risk they'd be taking if they rolled the dice and attacked us.  

The last thing we want is a nuclear arms race, not also forgetting Japan once attacked the USA, though they are seen as an ally today but you still wouldn't want them having a nuclear capability similar to the way we wouldn't want Germany to. Japan only really became an ally because it was forced to by the terms under which it surrender and signed the treaty. as you know leaving America to guarantee wider Japanese security in the region in return for Japan having a 'defence force' and limited size placed on it's military.

The turning point with North Korea has been and gone, the "problem" cannot be handed over to Japan or South Korea, with North Korea's launch of a satellite into space, demonstrating an ability that North Korea could target the US mainland and as a result its firmly Americas problem now., - American security beyond its borders is under threat. America now as to move to secure its interests and security. that might be increasing the domestic Ballistic missile defence, or positing/increasing military assets in the region with a policy to use force if needed.

North Korea as 1million strong land forces, and not forgetting the kicking we UK/USA (United Nations) got in the Korean war in the 50's

What are we going to do when North Korea decides to start selling their nukes to other countries and groups? I'm sure that Iran would like a couple. ISIS definitely would like one. It isn't just what might North Korea do with it, he may spread that illness all over the world. Imagine a nuke on the deck of a ship that is sailed right into the harbor of any of the western countries port cities.I hate to say it but if we don't do something pretty soon there just won't be anything that we CAN do. If enough crazy people get their hands on nukes it becomes a certainty that someone will use one. 

Once one is used on a major city the world will never be the same again. The false security that people feel will be ripped away and the reaction will be world wide and DRASTIC. All of a sudden nobody anywhere will be able to feel truly safe. A bomb aboard a ship could be made into a godawful dirty bomb that would throw radioactive dust all over the area. Hundreds of thousands might die from the blast but MILLIONS might be exposed to more radiation than is good for them at all and the entire area would have to be abandoned for who knows how long until it could be cleaned up IF that could be done. 

We fear the missiles as if that were the only possible delivery system but when you are talking about people that do car bombs and suicide bombers you can easily come up with a lot of other possible really ugly scenarios!!

• Like 1

Kinda off topic but does anyone have a link to more info on how we detect said launches? I know we have satellite surveillance and all that but I am curious of specifics.

• Like 2

The world should be damn concerned on North Korea's missile technology has perfected enough to reach the US west coast (where I happen to live). Trump might want to use that issue to conduct a military invasion of North Korea. I'm not really worried of a nuclear weapon land in California, because the US armed forces has a missile defense system to knock them down.

I think it is a pretty smart move of Kim Jong Un to quickly develop nuclear weapons and intercontinental missiles. It is a good insurance against being attacked by the USA and its allies. Would the USA and NATO have attacked Saddam Hussein or Khaddafi if they had had nuclear weapons and intercontinental missiles? I think not since even if the USA would have won in the end due to its superior army, their enemy would cause a lot of fatalities to the USA and its allies, the price would simply be too high.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

Would the USA and NATO have attacked Saddam Hussein or Khaddafi if they had had nuclear weapons and intercontinental missiles?

There was a concern of Saddam having nuclear weapons but the threat wasn't to US it was to Israel. This is nearly a textbook repeat of Iraq.

3 hours ago, internetperson said:

There was a concern of Saddam having nuclear weapons but the threat wasn't to US it was to Israel. This is nearly a textbook repeat of Iraq.

I don't think it is a repeat of Iraq. North Korea has conducted several nuclear weapons tests while I think Iraq had conducted no known nuclear weapons test when it was attacked. In other words, it is much more certain that North Korea has nuclear weapons than it was that Iraq had nuclear weapons.

• Like 1

It's so weird that neither the UNO nor rest of the countries are trying to talk sense to North Korea, it seems there is really no attempt for peace and everyone wants war. 

• Like 3