Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kim Jong Un Fires Off Another Missile.

Astra.

Here's a vid of the US Ambassador addressing the UN Security Council.

It's believed NK could develop a hydrogen bomb within the next 6-18 months.

• Like 1

The sanctions resolution approved Saturday bans North Korean exports of coal, iron, iron ore, lead, lead ore and seafood — resources that are worth over $1 billion to the regime of Kim Jong Un. North Korea exported an estimated $3 billion worth of goods last year.

If enforced (ie not compromised by smuggling / noncompliance) that is significant, like "finally crash your rickety economy" significant. Wonder if any advisor has the nerve to risk telling him that lest they be executed in some horrible creative way, or if Kim even trust his advisors at this point. If a general or minister sees the end is near one way or another would he risk it all on an attempt to overthrow? Either way Kim has one chubby palm on a pistol under the table at their next meeting.

Chinese press is making several unofficial observations.  They believe North Korea is afraid of US and South Korea hence the saber rattling, and the joint Russian Chinese suggestion for both sides to back off.  Also some scholars are  saying in their press that if Kim and the military structure is taken out, there will be mass chaos in NK.  They have a province on the border with NK that they feel is already too Korean.   Chinese scholars speculate that there are long standing concerns with separatists in Tibet and Taiwan, China doesn't want a Korea problem too.  Take it for what it is worth, I heard it on NPR on the way to work.

• Like 4

On 7/30/2017 at 11:49 PM, Will Due said:

It's just a matter of time.

I only hope the USA and China are going to be allied against North Korea and that CNN hasn't upset Putin to the point he jumps into the wrong fire.

I cannot see China turning against North Korea, after all they supported Kim II-Sung in 1948 and subsequent Korean War and since backed the Kim dynasty, The last thing the Communist Chinese want is American or pro Western leadership in North Korea. Russia today much like in 1945/1950 under Stalin have very little interest.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 4

So Breaking News!

The lil maniac isn't a few years away from anything and is nuclear ICBM capable NOW!...who woulda figured our talking heads were wrong?...

• Like 7

On 7/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, .ZZ. said:

I see these talking heads on TV saying: "He's years away from being able to launch a missile with a nuclear warhead"

It wasn't long ago (this year) when they were saying he didn't have a ICBM yet. How did that work out?

Never underestimate your enemy, it could prove fatal. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the capability right now to miniaturize an atomic weapon and attach it to an ICBM.

Don't you just hate it when posters quote themselves?

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Don't you just hate it when posters quote themselves?

Being right is a b**** sometimes ain't it Z? :lol:

So what successful strategy do we follow now?More SANCTIONS!...or more appeasement? :huh: :rolleyes:

I hate it but i think this will have to be done the ugly way... :hmm:

eta

Reckon those guys from "The Interview" are up to task lol

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I see these talking heads on TV saying: "He's years away from being able to launch a missile with a nuclear warhead"

It wasn't long ago (this year) when they were saying he didn't have a ICBM yet. How did that work out?

Never underestimate your enemy, it could prove fatal. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the capability right now to miniaturize an atomic weapon and attach it to an ICBM.

Umm.... they where right. He STILL doesn't have an ICBM. Not even close. 

And the idea that he could "miniaturise" one is pure fantasy, as is the idea of him producing a Hydrogen Bomb within 12-18 months. (12-18 YEARS, more like ! ).

The only way Fat Boy would get anything like it is if somebody sells one to him. 

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And the idea that he could "miniaturise" one is pure fantasy, as is the idea of him producing a Hydrogen Bomb within 12-18 months. (12-18 YEARS, more like ! ).

The only way Fat Boy would get anything like it is if somebody sells one to him. 

You calling a Dubbya Bush wmd conspiracy here?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Where are you getting your news?

• Like 4

North Korea does indeed have ICBMs. They also (right now) have nuclear capability. Now, do they have sophisticated guidance systems, probably not. But, they could do some real damage just by hit or miss tactics. 

• Like 4

He's a dangerous little turd!

• Like 3

This is getting intense. Trump said today that any more threats and NK will see fire and fury like the world has never seen.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, F3SS said:

This is getting intense. Trump said today that any more threats and NK will see fire and fury like the world has never seen.

BBC reference to the story:

Donald Trump threatens 'fury' against N Korea

"US President Donald Trump says North Korea "will be met with fire and fury" if it threatens the US.

His comments came after a Washington Post report, citing US intelligence officials, said Pyongyang had produced a nuclear warhead small enough to fit inside its missiles.

This would mean the North is developing nuclear weapons capable of striking the US at a much faster rate than expected."

And the referenced Washington Post report:

North Korea now making missile-ready nuclear weapons, U.S. analysts say

"North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles, crossing a key threshold on the path to becoming a full-fledged nuclear power, U.S. intelligence officials have concluded in a confidential assessment."

It's looking pretty dire now unless the little maniac suddenly comes to his senses.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I was a little surprised to hear that today. "Normally" the POTUS will make statements to deescalate tensions rather than inflame them.

At this point it seems that Secretary of State Tillerson is playing "good cop/bad cop" by trying to calm things. 

Trump's words today were very ominous I'm thinking. One wonders if this saber rattling is leading to WW3.

Now we hear about NK "considering" attacking Guam with missiles. Link

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I was a little surprised to hear that today. "Normally" the POTUS will make statements to deescalate tensions rather than inflame them.

At this point it seems that Secretary of State Tillerson is playing "good cop/bad cop" by trying to calm things. 

Trump's words today were very ominous I'm thinking. One wonders if this saber rattling is leading to WW3.

Now we hear about NK "considering" attacking Guam with missiles. Link

Well Trump is anything but passive and diplomatic. Those are certainly big words but and NK seems to have a death wish. How do you deescalate a guy like that? I feel like one night soon breaking news of bombs are lighting up NK.

• Like 5

What exactly is nk's beef with us anyways. Yea I'd think if anybody had some compulsive obsession with hating us it'd be Japan. We are always told by certain posters and Ron Paul that if we just stop bombing certain countries then they wouldn't hate us and produce terrorists. Apparently that's not a rule because when's the last time we dropped  bomb on NK? I think it's a case of little man syndrome provoking the big guy betting that he won't hit back.

• Like 5

NK is being run by a dangerous little man, who is nuts, that has nuclear weapons.  I doubt it could reach the US now but at what point do you intervene, before they can kill tens of millions of people or wait until they do.  Jong un isn't going to change but his weapons will eventually get better.  As much as I hate to go to war and wish China could/would do something, in this case war might be necessary. 

China isn't going to be much help by choice I think.  I don't see China as much of a friend.  If you want to call them a friend they are the kind you don't turn your back on. 

• Like 5

It appears Kim Jong Un has now threatened to nuke Guam. Trump was not amused....this is getting really terrifying.

• Like 2

Hmm, now North Korea is talking first strike against Anderson Airforce Base in Guam.  Lotta American families on that island.

• Like 1

If Kim nukes Guam he will invoke wrath and fury leading to North Korea simply ceasing to exist. The US has nuclear weapons with guidance systems that can be deployed with precise accuracy. 

• Like 2