Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Abilities Suppressed by a Spirit?!?

Yixy

I don't usually talk about this part of my life to anyone (especially not online). However, I need outside help this time.

I've always been extremely sensitive to things of the spirit. I'm an adult now but have had this as a part of my life since I was a small child. I've always been a Medium, easily able to Astral Project, have had multiple verified premonitions, am an Empath, etc. I've always been able to just know things and just feel things and see spirits (regardless of who or what they are). I've never delved into that, but it's a way of life for me (even if I don't clue others into it). It's a part of who I am. That being said, I've come into contact with a being who seems to want to seal it all away--from myself and other spirits. It is a calm and collected spirit with an amazing aura, but it doesn't strike me as a good spirit.

This particular spirit has been renewing a seal that dampens my abilities for a few years now. It'll fade. My senses will renew. I'll start to see and sense normally again, and it shows up to renew this type of energy-like seal, and it goes away again. I'll have trouble sensing sometimes but will generally still be able to. That was until last night, at least.

Well, this time, it's worse. This spirit placed another seal. Both of them are made of this beautiful, gold energy and threads of light that almost look alive. I've never seen anything like it. Now, I can't see any spirits. I can't sense anything. I can't even sense my family and friends' emotions like I used to. I know to some, this may sound silly or like a matter of just re-connecting with meditation, but it's beyond that..., or I would have done it. I know I need to break these, but I don't know how. I don't even know what seals are. I've always just had this natural connection with things. I've never read up on stuff like this. I've never been one to talk about it with others.

Still, I'm not going to be bullied or suppressed like this. I just...don't know how to break these seals that are separating myself from spirits and vice versa. It's like trying to move a broken arm. It just won't move...this energy is so over-whelming. I just can't see or even try. I feel like a part of who I am is missing. I can't remember anything the spirit said to me when it sealed my senses. It did give a reason for why, but I don't remember it. I don't remember it being anything for personal growth. It just seemed the spirit had personal motive. Even that sounds absurd to me. I'm not used to being this open with it. Sorry! Trying to remember what it said is like trying to remember what happened on a Thursday in 1993. Even my memory of what it said is sealed...almost like when you wake up from a dream you know you had but can't remember. It only happened last night.

So, please don't judge me too harshly. I just want some advice and help to get back to who I am normally. <3

I am wondering if this is a good spirit wanting to protect you from being overwhelmed which might in the end have a detrimental effect.

One suggestion is to sit quietly and call out to the spirit world for assistance in understanding what is going on. Something loving may come to your aid.

Thanks for replying, papageorge. :)

I don't see this being a good spirit. It's practical/sensible/realistic but still a very self-serving spirit. There was a reason for its actions, but when I try to remember, it's just...white. I can't. If I could only remember what all it said. It really is frustrating, but I know it's not a loving or heavenly spirit. I've gotten pretty good at reading them through my life. Still, it has enormous amounts of energy, though. 

I do like your suggestion. It's funny you should mention that, though, because there were other spirits around before I lost my sight (some of which I do not think this particular spirit thought highly of). It may take another spirit's help to break this--that's a bit hard, though. It makes me feel a little helpless because I can't see, sense, or hear them now. I'm so used to having that, that I feel imprisoned. It's not a good feeling at all. I've never been the type to just be a damsel in distress or wait for someone to help for me. :huh: See, I've put up with a partial dampening for a couple of years now. I never quite minded as much, but now that it's completely gone, I'm ready to do something about it I guess.

Hello,

My understanding and my experience with these things is that this spirit is an aspect of yourself which is resisting and restricting your inclinations towards greater awareness.

I would like to encourage you to seek assistance from your higher self in this matter. There are always good reasons for everything. Have you established a relatonship with that aspect of yourself?

John

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hello,

My understanding and my experience with these things is that this spirit is an aspect of yourself which is resisting and restricting your inclinations towards greater awareness.

I would like to encourage you to seek assistance from your higher self in this matter. There are always good reasons for everything. Have you established a relatonship with that aspect of yourself?

John

Yes thats what i was thinking. No one can hold a seal on you unless you allow them to. Your higherself is definitely the one you should speak to regarding this.

Thanks for the new replies, too. I'm honestly not sure what you all mean by a higher self. Can you explain that to me? Like I said in my original post, I've always just had natural abilities. I've never researched anything into it. :)  

6 hours ago, Yixy said:

Thanks for the new replies, too. I'm honestly not sure what you all mean by a higher self. Can you explain that to me? Like I said in my original post, I've always just had natural abilities. I've never researched anything into it. :)  

Yes natural abilities are nice. They are just there and we use them. My research into energetic matters has led me to understand and appreciate that all of us are eternal spirit beings. We all have things like a soul, higher awareness and or inner wisdom which in this instance I define as the higher self. There is also what I call the innate personality self. Consider that your body's awareness.

In psychologal terms there is the conscious awareness, the subconscious, and what some call the unconscious or ID. Now consider that each human is an eternal energy being. What aspect of you can help you to understand and appreciate some thing like that. In my mind it would be the higher self. I myself am not spiritual in the conventional sense of that word. I do study spiritual systems however. 

Any way that is the simple explanation. You are able to connect with this aspect of yourself and discover in your own way what that means for you.

John

The blockading spirit is you. You need to approach this from the other side.

There is only one Thing and we are not separate from It.

Think, a God of Sock-Puppets. Does all the voices, thinks all the thoughts. The real you is this God. (Or higher-self or whatever you want to call It. Words are such poor tools.)  What connects us all together is the Puppeteer, so to speak. Identify everything that is not you. ("Your" body, "your" soul, "your" mind, "your" self, "your" sanity, etc.)  Those things are the puppet. Take those away and all that is left is the eternal I AM. It's not "your" anything. It's just you. Simple consciousness which is the back-ground field of the universe.

Now you are the puppeteer. Now you can change the rules.