Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hawking: 'Trump could turn Earth in to Venus'

UM-Bot

28 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Our sun is changing.  It used to be warm and yellow back in the 1980s.

Now we have a Hot Blue / White Star.

Pilots at 32,000 feet are getting high amounts of radiation!

Sun Changing1.PNG

I don't know where you found that gem, but if you want to know what is REALLY happening with solar irradiance, here is a paper on the subject:

Lean, J., J. Beer and R. Bradley.  1995.  Reconstruction of solar irradiance since 1610:  implications for climate change.  Geophysical Research Letters 22(23), 3195-3198.

You will note that they say that solar irradiance has an 86% correlation with Northern Hemisphere temperatures, which to them indicates the sun is the primary driver of warming.  They did not consider the effects of solar irradiance and CO2 concentrations together.  These two variables tend to confound each other and are often difficult to separate, however, partial analysis of variance can be used for that purpose.

"Back in the 1980s?"  Temperatures have been rising pretty steadily since 1910.  What do you think caused the warming before 1980?

There can be a high correlation between two variables even when one is quite small compared to the other.

Solar irradiance does have an effect on temperatures, but is relatively small when compared with other drivers.

Would appreciate knowing where your little bit of info came from.  Does it have a scientific basis or did somebody just make it up off the top of his head?

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug1o29 said:

I don't know where you found that gem, but if you want to know what is REALLY happening with solar irradiance, here is a paper on the subject:

Lean, J., J. Beer and R. Bradley.  1995.  Reconstruction of solar irradiance since 1610:  implications for climate change.  Geophysical Research Letters 22(23), 3195-3198.

You will note that they say that solar irradiance has an 86% correlation with Northern Hemisphere temperatures, which to them indicates the sun is the primary driver of warming.  They did not consider the effects of solar irradiance and CO2 concentrations together.  These two variables tend to confound each other and are often difficult to separate, however, partial analysis of variance can be used for that purpose.

Solar irradiance does have an effect on temperatures, but is relatively small when compared with other drivers.

Would appreciate knowing where your little bit of info came from.  Does it have a scientific basis or did somebody just make it up off the top of his head?

Doug

Food for thought: Without the sun, Earth would be an icy rock.

True or False

• Like 1

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

Food for thought: Without the sun, Earth would be an icy rock.

True or False

As I said, the sun provides the energy that drives the system.  But some of the recent changes in the system are human-caused.  True or false?

Doug

Just now, Doug1o29 said:

As I said, the sun provides the energy that drives the system.  But some of the recent changes in the system are human-caused.  True or false?

Doug

Humans are shielding us with Chemtrails in the sky.  Solar Radiation Management

I'm amazed at the number of people who simply don't look up!

• Like 1

Chemtrails, Doug. 

CHEMTRAILS

This is the razer wit you are up against.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Chemtrails, Doug. 

CHEMTRAILS

This is the razer wit you are up against.

Denial is no way to go through life my friend.

Look up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Humans are shielding us with Chemtrails in the sky.  Solar Radiation Management

I'm amazed at the number of people who simply don't look up!

9/11 presented atmospheric scientists with a rare opportunity.  The grounding of nearly all American aircraft on a cloudless day allowed measurements of what a clean atmosphere would look like.  And guess what:  the findings were that contrails (not chemtrails) are, in fact, reflecting some radiation back into space and having a cooling effect on the planet.  So, to an extent, you're right:  contrails do block some of the incoming sunlight.  But they also add more carbon to the atmosphere so that the net effect is further damage to the atmosphere's ability to protect us.  The benefits aren't worth the cost.

I was involved in a test of potassium iodide crystals in the San Juan Mountains back in the late 70s.  While it worked, it wasn't cost-effective as a means of increasing irrigation water.  Farmers and ranchers 200 miles downwind complained that we caused a drought that hurt their businesses.  The use of chemicals applied by aircraft as a form of geoengineering is simply not cost effective and was abandoned decades ago, except for limited use of potassium iodide.  I think your imagination has run away with you.

Doug

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

It looks like Wikipedia has some info on Solar Radiation Management: Climate Engineering

Aluminum Oxide and Self-Levitating Aerosols

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_engineering

I hope you read that whole article.  Basically, it says that geoenginering is being studied in the form of computer models and not in the real world, except for tree planting and some carbon-capture methods.  Nothing is being applied from the air.

Doug

3 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

I hope you read that whole article.  Basically, it says that geoenginering is being studied in the form of computer models and not in the real world, except for tree planting and some carbon-capture methods.  Nothing is being applied from the air.

Doug

LOL

Don't you hear people complaining???

"They're Chemtrailing us again!!"

If you're on the east coast, just watch them fly down in pairs (side by side) at 8 AM and 9 AM.

They say seeing is believing.

I saw 2 last week. One had Aluminum Oxide and Self-levitating Aerosols coming out the back.

The plane next to it had nothing coming out.

Lets see....who flies planes side by side??

Edited by CeresExpo2000
  • Like 1

Holy ****, man. I really hope you're trolling cause if you actually believe this garbage....

• Like 2

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Holy ****, man. I really hope you're trolling cause if you actually believe this garbage....

Wake up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Wake up.

I'm genuinely surprised you haven't referred to anyone as "sheeple" yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm genuinely surprised you haven't referred to anyone as "sheeple" yet.

No. Just wake up.

The bad/desperate guys do all of the " name calling ".

Edited by CeresExpo2000
  • Like 1

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

No. Just wake up.

Can't. Really tired. 

1 hour ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

LOL

Don't you hear people complaining???

"They're Chemtrailing us again!!"

If you're on the east coast, just watch them fly down in pairs (side by side) at 8 AM and 9 AM.

They say seeing is believing.

I saw 2 last week. One had Aluminum Oxide and Self-levitating Aerosols coming out the back.

The plane next to it had nothing coming out.

Lets see....who flies planes side by side??

Bantimaroudis, P.  2016.  "Chemtrails" in the sky:  toward a group-mediated delusion theory.  Studies in Media and Communication,  ISSN 2325-8071 (Print)   ISSN 2325-808X (Online).

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug1o29 said:

Bantimaroudis, P.  2016.  "Chemtrails" in the sky:  toward a group-mediated delusional theory.  Studies in Media and Communication,  ISSN 2325-8071 (Print)   ISSN 2325-808X (Online).

Doug

Tomorrow morning go out at 9AM and look up.

Then you can argue with yourself. LOL

:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Hey, it was a Boeing 777!

Chemtrail2.PNG

So your source of scientific support is the Daily Mail?  Where's that laughing emoticon?

Doug

Just now, Doug1o29 said:

So your source of scientific support is the Daily Mail?  Where's that laughing emoticon?

Doug

Are you saying the video is a fake?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Are you saying the video is a fake?

The video is real enough.  It just doesn't show what you think it does.

Doug

36 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

The video is real enough.  It just doesn't show what you think it does.

Doug

Contrails dissipate. 

Chemtrails hang around for hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrisonerX said:

Lol @ Hawking fear mongering. Looks like it's about time to pull the plug on ol' Stevey boy. 

You are advocating killing a man for voicing an opinion. Really ?

• Like 3