Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hawking: 'Trump could turn Earth in to Venus'

UM-Bot

7 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Our sun is changing.  It used to be warm and yellow back in the 1980s.

Now we have a Hot Blue / White Star.

I would love to see your evidence for that claim.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

It looks like Wikipedia has some info on Solar Radiation Management: Climate Engineering

Aluminum Oxide and Self-Levitating Aerosols

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_engineering

If you bothered to read your own link you will find that climate engineering is mostly proposals, not something that is happening.

Just because something is possible doesn't mean that it is actually happening.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

LOL

Don't you hear people complaining???

"They're Chemtrailing us again!!"

Actually I have yet to meet any people who have said that in real life.

I have seen plenty on the net though.

If you're on the east coast, just watch them fly down in pairs (side by side) at 8 AM and 9 AM.

So the secret spaying is done on a fixed schedule ? Seems like a strange way to do something in secret.

They say seeing is believing.

Depends on whether you understand what you are seeing. :whistle: 

I saw 2 last week. One had Aluminum Oxide and Self-levitating Aerosols coming out the back.

How can you see what is comming out the back of a plane ?

Do you know what aluminium oxide looks like ? I work with aluminium for a living and I can tell you that aluminium oxide does not look anything like contrails.

The plane next to it had nothing coming out.

If the planes are at high altitude, how can you see if they are next to each other and not  just flying the same heading at different ranges and altitudes ?

Lets see....who flies planes side by side??

Planes which are going to the same destination perhaps ?

You do know that commercial planes fly on certain fixed routes and not just haphazardly all over the place........ right ?

I think Hawking's voice synthesizer is on the blink, he meant to say "Melania Trump wants to run from Earth to Venus, to get away from Donald..."

Nothing more to see here, move along ;)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You are advocating killing a man for voicing an opinion. Really ?

I guess I'd settle for just killing the feed from his voice synthesizer.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PrisonerX said:

I guess I'd settle for just killing the feed from his voice synthesizer.

Yes lets silence everyone who disagrees with you. :whistle:

While I think he did more harm than good with his statement and wished he haven't done it, I do support his right to do so. Censoring dissenting opinion doesn't lead to anything good.

Someone once summed it up pretty well:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say It" 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Yes lets silence everyone who disagrees with you. :whistle:

While I think he did more harm than good with his statement and wished he haven't done it, I do support his right to do so. Censoring dissenting opinion doesn't lead to anything good.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say It" 

Thinks I actually wish him dead/silenced for saying dumb stuff. Lol. 

Ever told a kid not to say/repeat something stupid? Yea, someone should have done that to ol' Stevey boy here, instead of printing it.

My posts are obviously hyperbole meant to express just how idiotic I think tying Trump to our planet becoming Venus is, and how fear mongering of this degree shouldn't be reported on by journalists. His opinion, in this case, shouldn't have made it passed the person in ear shot of his synthesized robot voice. 

But unfortunately it did, cuz nobody had the sensibility to laugh in his face and then tell him to stop talking stupidly after that synthesizer allowed him to blurt it out. 

Edited by PrisonerX
  • Like 1

Stephen Hawking is one of the most brilliant physicists of our age.  His work with black holes has spurred physics and cosmology.  All credit to him for that and more.  That being said, like the rest of us, he is a human tied to a human body reaching the end of its life.  Those that know him say that he is brave, arrogant, mischievous, and a risk taker.  Maybe he too is being a bit hyperbolic.  I am sure he has done the calculations that indicate the earth cannot get quite as hot as Venus without significantly more solar radiation no matter how much CO2 we pump into the atmosphere.  We will make it unpleasant, then uneconomic way before it becomes unlivable.  That is not very shocking and doesn't gain a lot of press coverage though.  

We think about falling off a cliff as an analogy, a sudden transition from everything being ok to fatality; and something that can be halted at the last moment.  Hawking may be more steeped in the black hole event horizon analogy.  Maybe that is more applicable here.  You may have seen the videos of astronauts practicing  in the airplane that dives to produce weightlessness.  If you are in free fall when you enter the gravitational field of a black hole, it is not terrifying. You feel nothing out of the ordinary.   You don't notice that your speed toward the black hole is increasing.  

In the black hole example you pick up so much speed that you pass the point of no return.  Even the beam from your flashlight cannot get back out to signal your friends.  You have passed the event horizon, then panic does not good, you can't go back.   It is sometime later that the gravitational forces of the black hole pull your body apart they squeeze it past a greasy lump into elemental particles.

In the diving airplane example, when the pilot pulls out of the dives, the passengers in the free fall compartment are pinned to the floor by even more gravity than normal.  Pulling out of a steep dive puts several g's on the passengers..  At some point, the aircraft cannot withstand the strain of trying, it tears itself apart  before it hits the ground.  If the pilot doesn't pull out, you know the results.

Maybe Hawking has the intuition that as we approach the event horizon, we aren't going to be bothered to change our course or direction  because things are not that uncomfortable yet; and won't be until we pass the point of no return.  

32 minutes ago, seanjo said:

We are at 385 ish parts per million (PPM) CO2 in the atmosphere, a few million years ago it was 7000 PPM,

That was in the Cambrian, 500 million years ago, not a few million.

life thrived and the Earth did not turn into Venus.

Life trived in the oceans. There was no major land life, plants or animal, in this period, only microorganisms. so I hardly think it's very comparable ?

I see little science in Professor Hawking's claims.

Oh there is science behind it, its just that it is very exaggerated, kind of like what you just posted above. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

The Cambrian explosion...look it up, life is life and there was life aplenty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

Maybe you should look it up. I said life was plentifull in the sea and not on land, which is what you find if you read the link you posted. If was the Silurian period that saw the first major land life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silurian#Flora_and_fauna

Anyway as I said you can't really compare the life in the cambrian period to life today, it is seperated by 500 million years and adapted to completely different enviroments. Do you not see that ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in her biography of Voltaire.

Apparently, someone used the quote with reference to something Stalin said in a speech. Stalin replied, "Thank you for that, comrade. I shall see to it that your death comes swiftly."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe you should look it up. I said life was plentifull in the sea and not on land, which is what you find if you read the link you posted. If was the Silurian period that saw the first major land life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silurian#Flora_and_fauna

Anyway as I said you can't really compare the life in the cambrian period to life today, it is seperated by 500 million years and adapted to completely different enviroments. Do you not see that ?

Since seanjo have been back since my post I guess the answer is no.

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

We are at 385 ish parts per million (PPM) CO2 in the atmosphere, a few million years ago it was 7000 PPM, life thrived and the Earth did not turn into Venus.

I have had respect for his accomplishments and still do.  It seems he likes the spotlight these days and the Liberal media love to shine it on anyone that speaks their language.  I don't know if he is truly beginning to "slip" mentally but to have such a great mind stoop to the level of political hyperbole is sad.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, CeresExpo2000 said:

Tomorrow morning go out at 9AM and look up.

Then you can argue with yourself. LOL

:D

I did.  No chemtrails.  Now what?

Doug

On 07/07/2017 at 11:44 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If you bothered to read your own link you will find that climate engineering is mostly proposals, not something that is happening.

Just because something is possible doesn't mean that it is actually happening.

No, no, no .... !

If it's on the internet than it absolutely is happening.  And if it's on youtube then it's not only happening, it's true as well!   And being covered up!!!  Don't you know nothing?

You'll be saying next that there's no-one living on Mars and that our Reptilan Overlord Masters are not really our Reptilian Overlord Masters ....... :o 

• Like 2

On 09/07/2017 at 1:20 PM, seanjo said:

We are at 385 ish parts per million (PPM) CO2 in the atmosphere, a few million years ago it was 7000 PPM, life thrived and the Earth did not turn into Venus.

It's over 400ppm - but, pedantics aside, the Sun was also a lot cooler back then in the good ol' days ;) 

As others have said - you can't compare the past with today.   And in any case, I am sure that life would survive quite well if global temps rose 5c and all the ice on the planet melted.   Human civilisation on the other hand ...... ;) 

That said, there is much more to turning Earth into Venus than just increasing atmospheric levels of CO2 and methane and there's absolutely nothing humans can do to make it happen.   Not yet, anyway!

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, seanjo said:

I see dated science in Professor Hawking's claims.  His statements are based on a book by James Hansen that came out maybe 15+ years ago.  Atmospheric science has moved on since then.  We now know that there are not enough known carbon deposits on earth to burn them and convert earth into another Venus.  That being said, we can still do a lot of damage and maybe endanger our own existence.  We still need to take remedial action and the longer we wait, the rougher the landing is going to be.

BTW:  there are now over 400 ppmbv of CO2 in the atmosphere.  I am told that there were 180 ppmbv during the Ice Age, but when I fit Keeling's data to a decreasing logarithmic curve with asymptote, the constant was 205 ppmbv.  At any rate, "natural" CO2 levels are around 200 ppm.

Doug

8 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

At any rate, "natural" CO2 levels are around 200 ppm.

CO2 levels fluctuate over time in response to geologic factors among other things. That said, 200 ppm is at the very low end of what the Earth's Atmosphere has ever experienced. Not exactly the Norm as you have stated. Somewhere just under 175 ppm and photosynthesis begins to fail.

• Like 1

I think Hawking's just full of it on this one. The real problem is plastic filling up the oceans and real pollution - this whole "There's so much CO2 in the atmosphere it's actually a modest fraction of what it has been in the past" is BS designed to put money in the pockets of well-spoken people with expensive suits. Like Al Gore.

Edited by Uber Doubter
  • Like 1

Question is he paid by the NWO elitists?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seanjo said:

It's all moot, we can clean up our act all we want, but in the end, until we address the hyperbolic growth of Mankind, it will all come to nothing.

The word is "logistical."  And to a degree you're right.  The population growth curve is a modified logistical.  We have already passed the inflection point (peak growth) and the growth rate is declining, though it still isn't down to zero.  Parts of the world (northern Europe) are already at ZPG and their populations are declining.  The rest of the world hasn't reached that point yet.  The US will get there shortly after mid-century, barring immigration.  The biggest thing we can do to reduce growth rates is to educate women.  Most women would rather not have such large families.  We need to give them the tools and the knowledge to help them realize that goal.

Doug

18 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

CO2 levels fluctuate over time in response to geologic factors among other things. That said, 200 ppm is at the very low end of what the Earth's Atmosphere has ever experienced. Not exactly the Norm as you have stated. Somewhere just under 175 ppm and photosynthesis begins to fail.

About 200 ppm is "natural" for the Holocene, which is the time that closest compares to what we have now.  205 is the asymptote for Keeling's curve.  In past times, CO2 levels have been as low as 180 ppm.

Doug

6 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

About 200 ppm is "natural" for the Holocene, which is the time that closest compares to what we have now.  205 is the asymptote for Keeling's curve.  In past times, CO2 levels have been as low as 180 ppm.

Yes, and that 180 ppm is dangerously low. And 200 ppm is right at the very lowest end of what the Earth's atmosphere has ever experienced.

Do you deny those two facts?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Yes, and that 180 ppm is dangerously low. And 200 ppm is right at the very lowest end of what the Earth's atmosphere has ever experienced.

Do you deny those two facts?

No, but I am unable to confirm them as facts.  What is your source?

The 200 ppm figure is for the Pleistocene, not Holocene.  Sorry about that.  During the Holocene, levels have been more like 320 ppm.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029