Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronomers discover methanol on Enceladus

UM-Bot

Sounds like a great source of fuel.

• Like 1

just shows how organic molecules will be prevalent throughout the cosmos    cool stuff!

• Like 2

Is this a bit of an update on Saturn's Ring Theory? It kind of read that way.

Shame they didn't find ethanol.  A few tankers of OJ and I'd be set for like!:whistle:

Great find regardless.

I no longer believe anything NASA has to say, nor do I care. Once they started editing photos and suppressing the truth, I stopped paying attention to them.

Edited by atom2084
  • Like 1

Just now, atom2084 said:

I no longer believe anything NASA has to say, nor do I care. Once they started to edit photos and suppressing the truth, I stopped paying attention to them.

This discovery was made by researchers at Cardiff University, which I think you will find is in Wales and thus have nothing whatsoever to do with NASA, but knowing that would require you to actually read the article. :whistle:

http://gizmodo.com/saturns-moon-enceladus-has-toxic-booze-on-its-breath-1796640654

Could you give an example of NASA suppressing the truth ? 

NASA have editted photos to bring out more detail, but you can allways find the original if you actually care to try.

On 5/7/2017 at 9:14 PM, taniwha said:

Sounds like a great source of fuel.

Yeah but you kinda need an oxydizer too and that seems to be in very short supply.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 7:37 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

This discovery was made by researchers at Cardiff University, which I think you will find is in Wales and thus have nothing whatsoever to do with NASA, but knowing that would require you to actually read the article. :whistle:

http://gizmodo.com/saturns-moon-enceladus-has-toxic-booze-on-its-breath-1796640654

Could you give an example of NASA suppressing the truth ? 

NASA have editted photos to bring out more detail, but you can allways find the original if you actually care to try.

You've been a member of this site how long?    :whistle: 

Your profile shows 4,687 posts, so it's clear to me you have the time on your hands.

Why don't you research who's theory the researchers at Cardiff were working on and also research proof that NASA has been editing photos for many years. Even some of NASA's own astronauts have been quoted stating that NASA edits photos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atom2084 said:

You've been a member of this site how long?    :whistle: 

Your profile shows 4,687 posts, so it's clear to me you have the time on your hands.

How is that relevant to the question of NASA's supposed lies ?

Why don't you research who's theory the researchers at Cardiff were working on

They were using a ground based telescope to study Enceladus, not a NASA spacecraft. So if you read the artcle you would find that yes they were expanding on information from the Cassini space crafts (which is a joint project with ESA by the way, not just NASA), but they used a different method, independent of NASA, to obtain this new information. So we now have to include ESA and Cardiff University in the conspiracy too ?

and also research proof that NASA has been editing photos for many years. Even some of NASA's own astronauts have been quoted stating that NASA edits photos. 

If you read the post you were responding to I actually agreed that NASA have editted images. They do this to bring out more detail in the images and it is a tried and tested method used in all manner of image analysis. 

It not difficult to find information about this if you want to. The real question is, do you want to ?

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/12/what-color-is-mars/

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

How is that relevant to the question of NASA's supposed lies ?

They were using a ground based telescope to study Enceladus, not a NASA spacecraft. So if you read the artcle you would find that yes they were expanding on information from the Cassini space crafts (which is a joint project with ESA by the way, not just NASA), but they used a different method, independent of NASA, to obtain this new information. So we now have to include ESA and Cardiff University in the conspiracy too ?

If you read the post you were responding to I actually agreed that NASA have editted images. They do this to bring out more detail in the images and it is a tried and tested method used in all manner of image analysis. 

It not difficult to find information about this if you want to. The real question is, do you want to ?

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/12/what-color-is-mars/

You do not believe that NASA edits photos for purposes other than making them better? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atom2084 said:

You do not believe that NASA edits photos for purposes other than making them better? 

I have no reason to believe that they change any of the actual content of the images, only that they use editting to bring out details. So in short: No.