Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Panic in villages over hair-cutting 'ghost'

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

There is a new entrant in the supernatural world in some parts of western Rajasthan and unlike the mythical bogeyman, it’s something that scares not just the kids but their parents as well.

For over a fortnight, district administrations along with the police in western Rajasthan are at their wit’s end trying to solve cases where families have complained that the hair of girls and women are being cut, with no suspect being held so far.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/rajasthan-s-scissorhands-panic-in-villages-after-ghost-chops-off-women-s-hair/story-bQ0ZHij1WVQGOeHTPzybaI.html

• Like 4

This type of spate tends to happen fairly often, Fortean Times has reported on it over the years, the last round up was about half a year ago if my memory holds.

This is just a common as other body parts being cut off, namely male genitalia.

• Like 1

I've heard of this happening before, only people were cutting the hair to sell it for use in making wigs. Just a thought.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Latest:

At least 15 incidents of women's braids being mysteriously chopped off have been reported from the villages of the Mewat region in last two weeks, police said today.

These bizzare happenings have left the villagers in panic mode. Most women claimed to have fallen unconscious when their braids were chopped off leading to the villagers blaming godmen, ghosts, witches and "cat-like" creatures.

Police, however, dismissed these claims and said it was the handiwork of anti-social elements.

http://www.ndtv.com/gurgaon-news/mewat-women-report-mysterious-chopping-of-braids-1731141

• Like 3

It's probably just someone with a sexual fetish for female hair. There's a lot stranger out there...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Timonthy said:

It's probably just someone with a sexual fetish for female hair. There's a lot stranger out there...

Oh REALLY , tell us about them ! Image result for tell me about it

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ROGER said:

Lol. Correction: *I've heard there's a lot stranger out there. :lol:

• Like 1

A lot of "strange things" seem to happen in India. Now, about those call centers...........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ROGER said:

Who cares...  Efin' stick is better

Now, thats how you supposed to be scared of ghosts (erm... sticks)... Goes both ways - love and scare, isn't it?

Things have turned ugly -

A 60-year old Dalit woman was allegedly lynched in Agra after villagers thought she was out to cut the hair of sleeping women, the first reported fatality of what appears to be turning into a case of mass hysteria.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/60-year-old-woman-lynched-in-agra-after-rumours-she-was-chopping-people-s-hair/story-qTYizvFIivxjpflxIZbHhM.html

It's "The Phantom Head Shaver of Brighton" redux and moved to Dwarka.

http://www.thegoonshow.net/scripts_show.asp?title=s05e04_the_phantom_head_shaver

Edited by Codenwarra
The site cut off all but the first word and this is the third or fourth time it has happened.