Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US, Russia announce ceasefire in SW Syria

The Caspian Hare

Noooo.... Iran will NOT have "direct access to the meditteranean". Syria will remain Syria, and it is inbetween Iran and the Med. 

On 8/25/2017 at 7:08 PM, and then said:

I have little doubt that you are correct about the Iran of the early 20th century being a haven for Jews.  Unfortunately, today's Iran is a Shiite theocracy whose rhetoric on Israel is quite plain for all to see and hear who are interested in the truth.  When this war happens, as I begin to fear it will, there will no longer be any fond remembrances among Islamist Hezballah over their stalemate in 2006.  Their much touted "victory" over the IDF was the result of self-imposed restraint due to a desire to save as many Lebanese civilians as possible.  Over the past 2 years, they have said in no uncertain terms that they will exercise no such restraint in the next Hezballah war in Lebanon.  They have shown hundreds of images of missile sites that are actually built within residential areas, even within residences themselves and they have warned the civilians of southern Lebanon that they need to evacuate as soon as the shooting begins or their deaths will be on their own hands.  Hezballah is an Iranian proxy army, of this there is no doubt among honest individuals.  If they launch a devastating array of accurate missiles into Israel, southern Lebanon will become a moonscape and this time, the UN will not force an early end so that Hezballah can regroup, rearm and strengthen.  Hizballah will be eliminated as a fighting force and if Russia tries to interfere, Putin will be humiliated.  He will not risk his country over Syria.  

Iranian leaders always adress Israeli government in their threats especially, even Ahmedinejad have trully explained it partly in his interview on Larry King show if i remember correctly. 

I can agree about stalemate in that war, or both wars ( 2000 and 2006 ) and that Hezbollah is fully backed by Iran through Syria mainly while also the Syrian government provides for Hezbollah too. Important notice, Israel has made Hezbollah at first place in 1982 and the ressistance consisted of small group of young people which were seen as lunatics ( among their own people ) to ressist such force. Sure, Hezbollah does have missile sites and possibly many in civilian areas but what is purpose of those missile sites, as said by Hezbollah leader?

It's always said by them that if Israel attacks they will retalliate so for every building bombed in Beirut they will bomb civilians in Israel so if Hezbollah is unprovoked and Israel do not attack them, they have no reason to fear those installations and today Hezbollah has many relatively advanced rockets. I say that we can only hope that there will be peace made across region because it's clear that both war on terror campaign and proxy wars haven't been fruitfull ( in terms of making stability and protect lives ) for decades. It's time for diplomatic approach with all and every state and faction at the table, regardless of their beliefs ( without isis and similar terrorists groups who have commited acts of terror which are factually proven, let the army 'care' for them as much as they did for the people in the region ).

On 8/26/2017 at 4:32 AM, and then said:

Another piece on the situation:  https://worldisraelnews.com/israeli-defense-minister-will-not-stand-iran-advances-syria/

It's going to be interesting to see how Russia and the Ayatollahs play this.  My guess is they will back away, but not very far.  I cannot see Iran or Russia risking open war against Israel at this point, especially with Trump in the Oval office.  

There wont be war between them it's unlikely, very, with too much to risk in direct confrontation ( hence all those terrorist groups to wage proxy wars ) and Israel officials are perfectly aware that ( for decades ) Iran has deep relations with Syria and very strong role in Lebanon so, in the fight against terrorists which is happening as we speak, it was expected that Iran will go in to help their allies ( one way or another ), so is Russia which both have their interests.

Israel is always threatened by something it's become a habbit there, like in the local and state press, they always 'fight' some enemy, write about subjects as '' should IDF attack Lebanon '' or '' Should IDF attack Iran '' etc. but there are quite a bit of reasons why Israel should be alarmed right now i can agree and its army must be stanced in defense mode and be alerted but i hope they won't wage yet another sensless war. Luckily, isis havent targeted Israel and i am not sure if we should praise the national security personel or do Hezbollah, Assad... With Iran and Russia, completely devastate those terrorist b******* that they won't get chance to even think of getting close to Israel.

On 8/26/2017 at 0:16 PM, RoofGardener said:

Weeell... it all seems a bit sketchy. The Times of Israel article extrapolates from "Iranian backed fighters moving eastwards" to "Iran having a border with Israel"... 

I'm sorry, but a ragtag of tribal militiamen moving east does not constitute a "land corridor".

In regards to Hizbollah; again, I struggle to take some of the claims seriously. I mean.. 50,000 "missiles" ? Really ? Well, the Wikipedia article cites Israeli newspapers as suggesting between 120,000-150,000. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah_armed_strength#Rockets_and_missiles

And I'm sorry, but I really can't believe ANY of those estimates. Or at least, not without major caveats. 

Lets take the lower figure for the moment. How do you store 50,000 rockets ? How do you utilise them when you only have around 20,000 "trained" fighters, and another 25,000 'reservists'.  I would imagine even the Islamic Republican Guard doesn't have 50,000 artillery rockets. 

the numbers are simply not credible, And Then. Even 50,000 hand-held anti-tank rockets would challenge credibility. 

I think that elements within the Israeli state are exaggerating the capabilities of Hizbollah in order to mobilise public support for the IDF, or to promote a siege mentality within the State. 

Sure, Iran would like to destroy Israel; I have no doubt as to their intent. But they entirely lack the capability, until the point where they finally manage to build their atom bombs. (thanks mostly to their friend Barack Obama). 

I guess we'll see when the time comes.  Iran, Russia, and Turkey WILL come against Israel in the coming years.  When you see that happen, check back with me about how it ends ;) 

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I guess we'll see when the time comes.  Iran, Russia, and Turkey WILL come against Israel in the coming years.  When you see that happen, check back with me about how it ends ;) 

Lets hope we never need to have that conversation. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Lets hope we never need to have that conversation. :) 

I can agree with that sentiment and I, at least, know that you would be willing to admit an error.  So many here would never do so.

Just as a thought.... I could imagine that Iran might have a motive to destroy Israel as it would be able to claim a huge Theopolitical victory throughout the "Muslim World", and greatly increase it's own prestige. (to say nothing of REM count :P )

Turkey ? Meh... not so much. 

But Russia ? Why would it want to get involved ? Do you really see it as having a dog in that particular fight ? 

considering how far back the Americans traded with the Russians for information and helped create the Atom bomb.......it actually stated when world war 2 began...

as i said......

it only takes 15 kilos of titanium and a good scientist to create a bomb big enough to destroy most countries.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

46 minutes ago, cluey said:

as i said......

it only takes 15 kilos of titanium and a good scientist to create a bomb big enough to destroy most countries.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

I think maybe you meant uranium. 

From the wiki page...

Many contemporary uses of uranium exploit its unique nuclear properties. Uranium-235 is the only naturally occurring fissile isotope, which makes it widely used in nuclear power plants andnuclear weapons

Uranium *

• Like 1

Titanium is a high density metal, it is not a fissionable material. It's Plutonium that is most often used in nuclear bombs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Just as a thought.... I could imagine that Iran might have a motive to destroy Israel as it would be able to claim a huge Theopolitical victory throughout the "Muslim World", and greatly increase it's own prestige. (to say nothing of REM count :P )

Turkey ? Meh... not so much. 

But Russia ? Why would it want to get involved ? Do you really see it as having a dog in that particular fight ? 

That's the beauty of prophecy, RG.  Those who refuse to believe it struggle MIGHTILY when the predictions seem impossible, yet are fulfilled to the letter anyway.  Scripture aside though, why is it so difficult to imagine these three being in cahoots against Israel?  Iran is a no brainer, they breathe fire against Israel regularly.  Turkey's tyrant is in full retro-Islam mode and Islam hates a Jew for breathing, basically.  If this isn't true, then why does Iran so badly want Israel removed?  They openly speak of the hated Jew.  That leaves Russia and Vlad is playing the odds that he can ride this particular Islamist tiger into a future with a weakened U.S. and, possibly, an absent Israel in the region.  You just have to think a short way outside the box.  The specific scripture involved here mentions that the forces that descend on the "mountains of Israel" will come to "take a spoil".  Preliminary reports over the last few months are that the gas fields off the coast of Israel are far larger than first thought and there is a projection of massive amounts of oil under the Golan that Israel annexed back in '73(?) or 67.  I'm telling you, you're going to see this war happen and it probably won't be a matter of years away, either.

3 hours ago, cluey said:

Titanium is used in the construction of the casing of the warheads (it's a metal). Titanium is not a fissionable material it doesn't create the nuclear reaction in an atomic bomb.

4 hours ago, cluey said:

All the elements have an atomic structure. The atomic structure of an atom is basic chemistry.

https://www.nyu.edu/pages/mathmol/textbook/atoms.html

http://www.wileysworld.net/holly/atomstruct.php

http://www.anatomyfacts.com/muscle/anatomy.htm

4 hours ago, cluey said:

This article supports the use of uranium and plutonium, and does not mention titanium at all.

4 hours ago, cluey said:

This article also does not mention titanium anywhere in it.

Titanium is not used in the bomb part of atom bombs, because it is not a fissionable material. Titanium is sometimes used as a component in alloys to sheathe missiles or as part of non-bomb components like rocket casings, and sometimes fuel tanks, but it is not necessary to the functioning of the bomb part, and there are missiles that have been made without any titanium too. At one time, some scientists did tinker with the notion of trying to combine uranium and plutonium, and tried titanium in the mix to help it with it's alloy. The results were undesirable, titanium was found to be unsuitable, and the notion was fully dropped in favor of utilizing other better methods to make the bomb core.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

All the elements have an atomic structure. The atomic structure of an atom is basic chemistry.

https://www.nyu.edu/pages/mathmol/textbook/atoms.html

http://www.wileysworld.net/holly/atomstruct.php

http://www.anatomyfacts.com/muscle/anatomy.htm

This article supports the use of uranium and plutonium, and does not mention titanium at all.

This article also does not mention titanium anywhere in it.

Titanium is not used in the bomb part of atom bombs, because it is not a fissionable material. Titanium is sometimes used as a component in alloys to sheathe missiles or as part of non-bomb components like rocket casings, and sometimes fuel tanks, but it is not necessary to the functioning of the bomb part, and there are missiles that have been made without any titanium too. At one time, some scientists did tinker with the notion of trying to combine uranium and plutonium, and tried titanium in the mix to help it with it's alloy. The results were undesirable, titanium was found to be unsuitable, and the notion was fully dropped in favor of utilizing other better methods to make the bomb core.

read all posts before quoting....

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=titanium+atomic+structure&rlz=1C1SFXN_enAU732AU732&oq=ti&aqs=chrome.2.69i59j69i60j69i59j69i57j69i60l2.6749j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

5 minutes ago, cluey said:

I did read before posting, and fully comprehended it, as well as the links I posted. Your basic grasp of chemistry is wrong, your notion that the term atomic structure implies it pertains to atomic bombs is wrong, and so is your notion that titanium is used in atomic bombs as part of the bomb core.

If you look up any element off the periodic table and put the words "atomic structure" after it, google will turn up the same kind of search as the one you provided on titanium does.

For example, mendelevium, and element not used at all in any explosions or bombs, it has an atomic structure: https://www.google.com/search?q=mendelevium+atomic+structure&oq=mendelevium+atomic+structure&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1.15056.18333.0.18494.17.15.0.0.0.0.310.2070.0j2j6j1.9.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..8.9.2061...0j0i20k1j0i67k1.zUA_yQ9CvP4

23 minutes ago, cluey said:

That's just another picture of the atomic structure of Titanium. The site also provides pictures of the atomic structure of all the other elements on the periodic table, from Hydrogen to Ununoctium: http://www.sciencephoto.com/set/2648/science-and-technology-atomic-structure-and-data-for-the-elements?per_page=96&page=1&previews=1

The basic understanding of atomic structure has nothing to do with atom bombs.

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/553884/view

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

That's just another picture of the atomic structure of Titanium. The site also provides pictures of the atomic structure of all the other elements on the periodic table, from Hydrogen to Ununoctium: http://www.sciencephoto.com/set/2648/science-and-technology-atomic-structure-and-data-for-the-elements?per_page=96&page=1&previews=1

The basic understanding of atomic structure has nothing to do with atom bombs.

that is one of the dumbest things i have ever read.......

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Titanium is not used in the bomb part of atom bombs, because it is not a fissionable material. Titanium is sometimes used as a component in alloys to sheathe missiles or as part of non-bomb components like rocket casings, and sometimes fuel tanks, but it is not necessary to the functioning of the bomb part...

This is what I was trying to get at in my prior post. Good links there rashore.

how do you say atomic structure has nothing nothing to do with Atom bombs?