Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feeling drops of water

Hardymum

Sometimes I feel drops of water on my wrist when there's no water nearby. The sensation is so distinct I'm surprised not to see drips on my wrist and look around for some way I could have been splashed.

Once I was driving and it was raining, but the window was completely closed (I checked) and when I looked up there was no leak or stain on the headliner. I think that might just be suggestion from the rain, but I can't explain the other times indoors and not during rain.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Edited by Hardymum
  • Like 1

Yeah. Working on on the pc one day. Inside at desk. And a drop of water landed on my arm. Checked everywhere around me and couldn't find any leaks or water anywhere. Odd thing is the 'water's felt oily. 

• Like 1

Phantom water droplets, whilst not uncommon, are a cause for concern as they could be indicative of a number of underlying health issues, including nerve damage. It is important that you discuss these sensations with your GP or neurologist so that they can get to the bottom of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hardymum said:

Yes I have. I badly injured my foot several years ago and was sent for an x-ray to determine the damage, luckily for me it was just a very bad sprain which took a long time to get over as I could barely put my weight on it. During the healing process I would feel a sensation like drops of ice cold water landing on my foot, it felt most weird at the time but it was just the nerves in my foot tingling.

You would be advised to see your GP to be on the safe side, it might also stop you worrying about what's causing it. Good luck, and welcome to UM :) 

• Like 4

Interesting, I never knew that about nerve damage.  This difference for me was there actually was a drop of water on my arm. Not sure if related but that night I got out of bed as I heard my 3 year old walking across the landing only to find him sound asleep. Other half heard him too. All in all a rather peculiar day. But back on topic do you use power tools regularly? That could be causing issues with wrists.

• Like 1

I started having the water drop sensation like crazy the last little while along with sometimes the feeling of a pin stabbing me and then just recently some numbness and tingling in half my left hand. I also ended up having a bunch of bad symptoms suddenly for a couple days that landed me at emerge dept of hospital. Turns out I started reacting badly to a medication I began not too long ago and all of this stuff and plenty more that were all new symptoms for me are associated. I am in the middle of weaning off of the gabapentin and the water drop feeling, pin feelings, tingling and random itching have gone haywire. Apparently that is typical for gabapentin withdrawal as well as a side effect of it because during both your body is attempting to regenerate/repair nerves that are damaged or shut down by the medication, if I am remembering what I was told correctly. Think about what medications you are on if any, or any chemicals you intake.... many out there can accomplish similar effects 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hardymum said:

Sometimes I feel drops of water on my wrist when there's no water nearby. The sensation is so distinct I'm surprised not to see drips on my wrist and look around for some way I could have been splashed.

Once I was driving and it was raining, but the window was completely closed (I checked) and when I looked up there was no leak or stain on the headliner. I think that might just be suggestion from the rain, but I can't explain the other times indoors and not during rain.

Ive got MS and some serious neuropathy in my extremities. When my nervous system decides to be cheeky I feel the sensation of things hitting my skin, sometimes it feels dry, other times like a drop of water, sometimes like a damn bug crawling on me. The "is it real" game can be a real blast  <_<:rolleyes:

I would look into the nerve damage aspect, especially if you're in a career field which requires repetitive motion. Due to the drops feeling being in your wrist ruling out carpal tunnel seems like a smart place to start. 

• Like 3

Sounds like you are harboring internal pain from something that's happened In Your life. Past or present. Are you emotionally hurting?

Drops are release of energy. Others may call it stress build up.

• 2 years later...

Ya i always have water drop sensation on my hand and feet.When someone is washing hand I feel water drop fall on my hand  I try to find but there is nothing also when I walk on wet road I feel water drop on my leg but I surprise to see i am wearing full pant and shoes and there is no water drop in my leg.Can anyone tell me why this sensation happens?? Need help! 

• 9 months later...

This has happened to me a number of times over the years, the most recent being a couple of hours ago which has got me here. It's always the same I am indoors, its it is not raining, there is no sign of leak in the ceiling and for no apparent reason I feel a small drop of water on my skin. Today it was three or four times on my hands arm but I have felt all over the body over the years. It's real, I can see it and feel the wetness. I theorise that it's a phenomenon of which science is still unaware I think that skin produces something. The problem with my theory is that it seems to happen to only a minority of people. So I will tell to touch and feel if there is a drop or not.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:41 AM, Hardymum said:

I felt raindrops earlier this year, but it was a clear day (I know it could still rain a bit with no clouds) but it was really hot out, so I don't know what it was

• 8 months later...

This has happened to me a number of times over the years, the most recent being a couple of hours ago which has got me here. It's always the same I am indoors, its it is not raining, there is no sign of leak in the ceiling and for no apparent reason I feel a small drop of water on my skin.

Today it was three or four times on my hands arm but I have felt all over the body over the years. I feel it the most when I expect it or think of it .I have also felt it when my legs are under the table.

For more information you can read discussions section and significance section from this Evidence for the involvement of peripheral cold-sensitive TRPM8 channels in human cutaneous hygrosensation

Human skin wetness perception: psychophysical and neurophysiological bases