Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump son met Russian who promised damaging

ExpandMyMind

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

rocedures for an investigation.

Traditional system

• 1) Evidence exists that a "crime" may have been committed

Flynn lied on his secutiy clearance form - a crime. Trump employed him knowing this and kept him employed knowing this. Sessions also lied (Ill concede mispoke but same result) , as did Manafort and Kushner initially. 

Trumps own words surrounding the firing of Comey are also evidence a crime may have been committed , so that investigation also fits under your definition. 

2) Investigate the evidence. If this leads to a suspect, then investigate the suspect

Thats whats happening 

3) Draw conclusions based on the investigation

Thats what we're waiting on. As opposed to those who would rather just push it all under the rug cuz "at least he beat hillary" 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It's amazing how much Expandmymind is still living in the Cold War when all Russkies were to be hated and feared and were all part of a vast plot to take over the world. I don't know if he has always hated and feared the Russkies this much, or whether it's, and I suspect this is probably the case, that he's clutching it as a straw to beat Trump with in the desperate hope of causing him to be removed from office. What he's hoping for after that, though, I'm not sure, as he hasn't answered my previous enquiry. 

I think it's amazing how much your posts make it obvious that you're a subscriber to RT. I've answered that enquiry before when I told You I wasn't a Hillary supporter. If you've decided to ignore it there and bring it up again here then it really doesn't deserve my attention. 

What you've yet to disclose, is why exactly you're so in love with Trump. Are you just a really big The Apprentice fan? Or do you have your finger on Alec Jones' pulse?

And just for the record, like any sane American would have told you before this recent election campaign (that number's only at around 48% now), the 'Russkies' are to be hated. They are a brutal regime like the Saudis or China. We shouldn't be friends. They've been growing bolder in their interference with both ours' and the US' affairs, even more-so than China or NK, primarily with hacking, for years now.

And just one more thing. Your automatic defence when it comes to anything Trump/Russia related is 'it's all a giant conspiracy to try to impeach Trump'. Which is ridiculous and paranoid. No one has even been able to give a definitive reason as to the motive for the conspiracy, just some ramblings of 'he's anti-establishment is why the FBI are coming after him'. He's shown that, other than idiotic Tweets, he's not even slightly anti-establishment. Not anti-business or anti-government. You haven't even considered, for a second, that there might be a reason for all the smoke. Nearly 20 meetings with Russians by his staff that weren't disclosed doesn't concern you. I guess that's what happens when you get your news from WRH.

Edit - for the record, I'm not suggesting another Cold War with Russia, merely stating that we should not in any way be friendly or supportive of such a brutal nation.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Flynn lied on his secutiy clearance form - a crime. Trump employed him knowing this and kept him employed knowing this. Sessions also lied (Ill concede mispoke but same result) , as did Manafort and Kushner initially. 

Trumps own words surrounding the firing of Comey are also evidence a crime may have been committed , so that investigation also fits under your definition. 

Thats whats happening 

Thats what we're waiting on. As opposed to those who would rather just push it all under the rug cuz "at least he beat hillary" 

Shhh. Didn't you know? A sitting President can't commit a crime (is the republican defence for what is literally obstruction of justice). Poof! No crime was committed!

• Like 2

Boy oh boy, the hate is so strong it really does seem to have completely disabled your ability to think rationally. Perhaps it is just that you're still so dismayed that the Beloved Hillary isn't in her rightful place. Whatever the reason is, I think you need a bit of a sit down, and maybe a nice bottle of beer, and think about something else for a bit. It really isn't good for you getting this incandescent with fury. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 4

In fact it sounds as if you'd be quite happy with a nice little spot of Regime Change to rid the world of the Russkie menace. Not necessarily just the current leader it seems, you seem to hate the entire Russian people and the very existence of the Russian state. Would that be a fair assessment? 

• Like 1

Well the latest on this story is that Trump Jr. was notified prior to the meeting with the cute Russian chick that she was acting as a representative of the Kremlin 

NYT: Email to Trump Jr. cites Russian government effort to help Trump campaign

From the article: 

An email sent to Donald Trump Jr. last year stated that a Russian lawyer had "compromising" information about Hillary Clinton as "part of a Russian government effort" to help the Trump campaign, The New York Times reported Monday.

Citing three people with knowledge of the email, the Times reported that Rob Goldstone, who connected Trump Jr. with the Russian lawyer, sent the email to Trump Jr. pointing to the Russian government as a source of potential information that could damage Clinton.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

What other response would be warranted? A Russian claimed he had info on the DEMOCRAT party colluding with the Russians. Turns out he didn't. So what? You think Hillary or anyone for that matter who was running for office wouldn't have come to that meeting? 

You're just speculating on something that didn't happen. 

3 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

In fact it sounds as if you'd be quite happy with a nice little spot of Regime Change to rid the world of the Russkie menace. Not necessarily just the current leader it seems, you seem to hate the entire Russian people and the very existence of the Russian state. Would that be a fair assessment? 

Not at all. It's the ruling Russians I hate and Putin in particular. The sheer amount of political assassinations that have benefited Putin should really end your defence of them. I find it worrying that you seem to supportive of such a regime. Could it be all your Bolshevik reading material? You realise that noble ideal ended long before the Wall came down, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Well the latest on this story is that Trump Jr. was notified prior to the meeting with the cute Russian chick that she was acting as a representative of the Kremlin 

NYT: Email to Trump Jr. cites Russian government effort to help Trump campaign

From the article: 

This. Is. Literally. Treason. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This. Is. Literally. Treason. 

No it isn't. That's ridiculous. Meeting with representatives of foreign countries is completely normal and happens all the time. 

I mean it's not like he made deals with Russia that handed over 25% of our enriched uranium. Or paid protesters to violently disrupt rallies.  That. Is. Literally. Treason. 

Treason is a very strong accusation. You better come up with a lot more then a meeting with a lawyer that literally amounted to nothing before you go throwing that word around. 

Heck the same representatives who are falling over themselves to get to the mic to scream impeachment met with Russian representatives themselves several times. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No it isn't. That's ridiculous. Meeting with representatives of foreign countries is completely normal and happens all the time. 

I mean it's not like he made deals with Russia that handed over 25% of our enriched uranium. Or paid protesters to violently disrupt rallies.  That. Is. Literally. Treason. 

Treason is a very strong accusation. You better come up with a lot more then a meeting with a lawyer that literally amounted to nothing before you go throwing that word around. 

Heck the same representatives who are falling over themselves to get to the mic to scream impeachment met with Russian representatives themselves several times. 

Seriously? You really don't consider working with an agent of a foreign government to undermine and potentially sway a national election treason? 

With the House and Senate as they are, if Trump had run as Democrat he would have already been impeached. Anyone who tries to deny this is simply being dishonest. If the Dems had all these connections with the Russians, the entire right would be united in much the same way and for the same reasons as the left.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Hillary conversed with the French PM and said PM then threw his support behind Hillary.    Is that treason too?   It was obviously done to sway the election.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Hillary conversed with the French PM and said PM then threw his support behind Hillary.    Is that treason too?   It was obviously done to sway the election.  

Quite simply, that is a terrible analogy.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Exactly, and this is why none of this stuff is going to go anywhere unless there's far more evidence.

• Like 2

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

No, because it's all political maneuvering and both the D and R campaigns were on the look out for support and/or dirt on the opponent. To claim otherwise is very naïve.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lilly said:

No, because it's all political maneuvering and both the D and R campaigns were on the look out for support and/or dirt on the opponent. To claim otherwise is very naïve.

Oh come off it. One is an individual voicing their opinion and the other is a government committing an act of espionage. One is legal, the other is not. It's ridiculous to try to equate the two. The analogy is terrible.

I can't believe the level of apologist in this thread, even as new information comes forward. Sad!

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh come off it.

Nope...I prefer to wait and see how this plays out and what actual evidence comes forth.

Oh, and the Ukraine favored Mrs Clinton in the election...anyone looking into that? IMO this stuff happens all the time in politics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No it is not.  

The Democrats and their supporting companies, countries and individuals also worked together to expose Trumps behavior and actions too.  

• Like 3

I'm confused, is it now illegal for republican candidates to do opposition research? 

30 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I'm confused, is it now illegal for republican candidates to do opposition research? 

:D This is brilliant.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

:D This is brilliant.

Good thing you clipped out the following "You mean apart from the part where they all lied under oath? :tu:  Now tell me what law was broken by meeting with a private Russian citizen who met under false pretenses and so the group left after 20 minutes with nothing?    Can I ask just where you think this is all going after nearly a year of you crowing about having finally found the smoking gun only to get it shot out form under you again and again and again and again?  

One last question, why are you treating it as a bad thing that he voluntarily released the entire email chain?   You folks have lost your proverbial minds IMHO, this is getting really old and the majority of Americans are sick of it. Same old crap for months now, it's ridiculous that the media is indulging in this wacko behavior

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Good thing you clipped out the following "You mean apart from the part where they all lied under oath? :tu:  Now tell me what law was broken by meeting with a private Russian citizen who met under false pretenses and so the group left after 20 minutes with nothing?    Can I ask just where you think this is all going after nearly a year of you crowing about having finally found the smoking gun only to get it shot out form under you again and again and again and again?  

Maybe you should read his Tweets.

• Like 1

I can only repeat Merc14's question, ExpandMyMind. Which US statutes have been broken ? 

9 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Shhh. Didn't you know? A sitting President can't commit a crime (is the republican defence for what is literally obstruction of justice). Poof! No crime was committed!

Of COURSE, a sitting president can commit a crime.  He just can't be indicted or subjected to trial until he is a private citizen.  The Constitution provides a couple of ways to remove a president but criminal charges are not used, for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked