Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump son met Russian who promised damaging

ExpandMyMind

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

I heard them read off but haven't read them yet. At least we get to see them now. He could've bleached them and beat his server to death with a hammer.

Apparently the NYT said they would publish the emails.  That kept him honest.  Something his dad taught him, "You better hope I don't have  tapes of our meetings."  Some believe  that kept Comey's testimony honest.  Maybe the same worked on younger Donald Trump too.  If I knew I was going to be outed, I would get ahead of the curve and publish and put my own spin on the documents.   Seems to be what happened.

I have been saying this on  several threads, it is still true.  Illegal is illegal.  Democrats and Republicans should be treated the same.  If a crime is committed and proven, the consequences should be the same.  

I don't take a lot of joy in this.  It doesn't make our country stronger.  

• Like 1

Trump Jr just had an interview with Sean Hannity on Fox.

And there you have it.

Democrats have nothing, no bench  no up and comers.  Looks like Democrats will need to reform and start from zero.  How long will that take, hard to guess.  Eventually somebody will pull people together.  There are after all about 65 million people  that voted for one of the two most unpopular women in politics rather than Donald Trump.  Somebody will energize that crowd.  

In four years, things might change, lots of things can happen to the party in power.  They have to lead, democrats just need to resist.  It worked pretty well for republicans against Obama.  I wouldn't count on Donald II to occupy the WH.  He doesn't have the talent or charisma of Donald I.  Maybe Ivanka, huh?

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Democrats have nothing, no bench  no up and comers.  Looks like Democrats will need to reform and start from zero.  How long will that take, hard to guess.  Eventually somebody will pull people together.  There are after all about 65 million people  that voted for one of the two most unpopular women in politics rather than Donald Trump.  Somebody will energize that crowd.  

In four years, things might change, lots of things can happen to the party in power.  They have to lead, democrats just need to resist.  It worked pretty well for republicans against Obama.  I wouldn't count on Donald II to occupy the WH.  He doesn't have the talent or charisma of Donald I.  Maybe Ivanka, huh?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. This will hang around his neck like a rotting albatross for the rest his life, he and the others involved. Time for Trump to drain his own swamp, 'cause it appears he brought one with him. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

Here's an interesting bit of information: the day of Jr's meeting was the same day that Trump Sr suddenly started Tweeting about Hillary's emails. And shortly after he basically asked the Russians to hack her emails.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Edit - for the record, I'm not suggesting another Cold War with Russia, merely stating that we should not in any way be friendly or supportive of such a brutal nation.

Um.... honestly;  WTF?

You might want to do some traveling someday. Look at the nations on its border. With the exception of Finland you have your choice of getting mugged by the Cops or by John Q. Public, or just wrecked by the authorities. 

Seriously, if you have issues with Putin, fine, but he's not the only Russian out there, Herr Oberst.

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Are you delusional? I'm asking that seriously. For a year, yes, there have been accusations of colluding with the Russian government, but those accusations were confirmed as soon as Jr released those emails. You get that right? This isn't nothing, it's confirmation of what has been suspected. It's the presence of something, which is literally the opposite of nothing.

Well, then, right!  We should be seeing Impeachment articles being drafted any day now, hmmm?  :w00t:  You really don't understand our political system very well.  Trump will never be pushed from office until the Republicans (at least 18) become willing to vote to convict.  He's going nowhere.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, and then said:

Well, then, right!  We should be seeing Impeachment articles being drafted any day now, hmmm?  :w00t:  You really don't understand our political system very well.  Trump will never be pushed from office until the Republicans (at least 18) become willing to vote to convict.  He's going nowhere.

Ain't it amazing?

The same Dems who have spent the last 60 years telling us how awful Senator Joe McCarthy was supposed to have been are now using the same tactics he used with the same ham-fisted arrogance for the same sort of goal; intimidation... and now they are coming off like anti-Russian racists. 

It is now illegal, according to them, for anyone with any ties to Trump to ever speak to anyone of the Slavic persuasion.

Quick question; how many people does Trump know personally who were murdered in very shady circumstances? How many half-million-dollar speeches has Trump made in Russia? How many Uranium mines has Trump sold to Russia by abusing his Governmental authority?

Clintons have all of that in their closet, and lots more. 

Meh, I'll pay about as much attention to this as any Dem ever pays to the scandals of the only other choice in this last election. :sleepy:

Wake me up when something interesting happens. 

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Also:

https://transition.fec.gov/pages/brochures/contrib.shtml#Foreign_Nationals

Definition of a foreign national:

Clarity on what an 'in-kind' contribution is:

https://www.fec.gov/press/resources-journalists/contributions/

This includes all kinds of contributions. Literally any contribution, including advice and information.

This is collusion and quite possibly treason.

Information is neither goods, services or property. Trump Jnr was a private citizen, not a member of government. And if the information had been true, then it would have suggested that the Democrats where the ones receiving illegal funding. So Trump Jnr was actually a US citizen seeking evidence that a crime may have been committed by the Democrats... possibly incorporating treason. 

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Information is neither goods, services or property. Trump Jnr was a private citizen, not a member of government. And if the information had been true, then it would have suggested that the Democrats where the ones receiving illegal funding. So Trump Jnr was actually a US citizen seeking evidence that a crime may have been committed by the Democrats... possibly incorporating treason. 

Except it is. It so clearly is. Let me make this clearer for you: the definition is so broad that it basically means 'help'. Help from foreign sources. It is illegal.

:D You actually buy his bull**** story? Of course you do. And he wasn't 'seeking evidence a crime ...'. All he knew was that the Russian government wanted to provide 'damning info' on Hillary. It's collusion.

Kushner and the lawyer were both also in attendance. Kushner who then went on to lie about it when applying for security clearance, which is also a crime.

38 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Um.... honestly;  WTF?

You might want to do some traveling someday. Look at the nations on its border. With the exception of Finland you have your choice of getting mugged by the Cops or by John Q. Public, or just wrecked by the authorities. 

Seriously, if you have issues with Putin, fine, but he's not the only Russian out there, Herr Oberst.

What exactly is your point? That because there are other bad regimes in existence we should give a free pass to all bad regimes?

@and then, so you're defence is basically: he or his team can do anything illegal they want and get away with it because no one has the power to stop them. You are completely and utterly morally bankrupt as a human being.

And well done, you are the first republican on these boards to acknowledge (sort of) that this isn't just a 'nothing burger'.

35 minutes ago, and then said:

Well, then, right!  We should be seeing Impeachment articles being drafted any day now, hmmm?  :w00t:  You really don't understand our political system very well.  Trump will never be pushed from office until the Republicans (at least 18) become willing to vote to convict.  He's going nowhere.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Trump Jnr was a private citizen, not a member of government.

He was a member of the campaign team, therefore accountable to the applicable laws.

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And if the information had been true, then it would have suggested that the Democrats where the ones receiving illegal funding. So Trump Jnr was actually a US citizen seeking evidence that a crime may have been committed by the Democrats... possibly incorporating treason. 

So he committed a potentially treasonous act in order to expose a treasonous act but never bothered to tell the authorities about it? 

The man accepted a meeting with a Russian in order to accept information from the Russian government that anyone with half a brain cell knows came from spying. 

This is the 7th person in Trump's inner circle who has lied about their dealings with Russia. To see folks still trying to defend this, after the smoking gun revelation that he KNEW it was information coming from the Russian government, is kinda becoming sad. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

It is now illegal, according to them, for anyone with any ties to Trump to ever speak to anyone of the Slavic persuasion.

No what is illegal is accepting information from a foreign government to help in a campaign that they knew came from spying. Oh yeah and lying on security clearance paperwork and investigations, thats illegal too. 

28 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Quick question; how many people does Trump know personally who were murdered in very shady circumstances? How many half-million-dollar speeches has Trump made in Russia? How many Uranium mines has Trump sold to Russia by abusing his Governmental authority?

Clintons have all of that in their closet, and lots more. 

They absolutely do , so freaking what? Things have gotten so bad for Trump supporters that you're dependent on Trump looking good compared to Clinton. Do you realize how feeble and simple minded that is? The very person you hate is the standard you hold for ethical behavior? Embarrassing

30 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Wake me up when something interesting happens. 

The presidents son became the seventh person in his inner circle to have been caught lying about his contacts with Russia. Then he released emails which are proof he knew that the Russian government was interfering in our election on Trump's behalf. 

Thats interesting. 

• Like 1

Details in Donald Trump Jr.'s emails align with parts of the explosive Trump-Russia dossier

Most relevant part is that the man, Agalarov, is mentioned in both.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He was a member of the campaign team, therefore accountable to the applicable laws.

So he committed a potentially treasonous act in order to expose a treasonous act but never bothered to tell the authorities about it? 

The man accepted a meeting with a Russian in order to accept information from the Russian government that anyone with half a brain cell knows came from spying. 

This is the 7th person in Trump's inner circle who has lied about their dealings with Russia. To see folks still trying to defend this, after the smoking gun revelation that he KNEW it was information coming from the Russian government, is kinda becoming sad. 

I still am going to ask for and accept bets that not much of a damn thing comes from any of this...I said that to Clair about 6 months back and still believe it,that no matter what is found it won't change much of anything.The super rich and people in power almost never really go down,maybe a few aids and cabinet members and/or advisors but Trump won't be toppled by this!

I truly beleive a lot of people are wasting a lot of oxygen screaming and a lot of energy typing away :lol:

I found it absolutely hillarious South Parks creators have said they are ditching politics this season as they just don't care anymore lol.Said they know they could do like CNN and go out and put billboards up all over the place about what they will do next with "Trump" to drive up ratings but...they just don't care anymore hahaha

I will be open for fun Trump bets on here and that offer isn't just for you Farmer :D :rofl:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It almost feels like Hillary Clinton's evil far exceeds Putin's, therefore everything is legitimate as a tool to stop her. Including selling out an election and the legitimacy of the Democratic process.

But it's ok for her to hire a foreigner to make up stories about p***ing prostitutes? Then have the FBI continue to pay for his services once the DNC realized he had nothing?

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

I still am going to ask for and accept bets that not much of a damn thing comes from any of this...I said that to Clair about 6 months back and still believe it,that no matter what is found it won't change much of anything. 

Oh no oligarchs dont truly punish each other. Hence the reason Trump immediately stepped back from his "gonna prosecute crooked hillary" rhetoric once he took office. I do think though that the way this will "topple" trump is in congressional republican defections. The dude is about as popular as cancer with the majority of the country and many of the GOPers still want to be reelected. 

I do confess to holding out hope for impeachment proceedings. I dont really want a president Pence so I think the ideal scenario for me is impeachment but not removal. Just a lame duck president who cant get anything done and has become humbled enough to stop trying to do stupid ****. 

Im racking my brain for a prop bet to take you up on.......

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

But it's ok for her to hire a foreigner to make up stories about p***ing prostitutes? Then have the FBI continue to pay for his services once the DNC realized he had nothing?

If i remember correctly it was a republican who first hired the man who came up with the dossier.

Regardless republicans need to stop talking about Hillary, as Trump keeps reminding people he won the election. Its time to stop thinking about her and deal with president trump. 

26 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I still am going to ask for and accept bets that not much of a damn thing comes from any of this...I said that to Clair about 6 months back and still believe it,that no matter what is found it won't change much of anything.The super rich and people in power almost never really go down,maybe a few aids and cabinet members and/or advisors but Trump won't be toppled by this!

I truly beleive a lot of people are wasting a lot of oxygen screaming and a lot of energy typing away :lol:

I found it absolutely hillarious South Parks creators have said they are ditching politics this season as they just don't care anymore lol.Said they know they could do like CNN and go out and put billboards up all over the place about what they will do next with "Trump" to drive up ratings but...they just don't care anymore hahaha

I will be open for fun Trump bets on here and that offer isn't just for you Farmer :D :rofl:

The thing that a lot (all) of Trump's supporters aren't considering here when they laugh maniacally at their computer screens while typing 'he'll never be impeached because House and Senate', is that the House and Senate are the ones who will be left with all of this when Trump leaves at the end of his first term, and those men and women will be acutely aware of this fact. Sooner than the four years for some. By ignoring this the republicans open up the very real possibility of massive losses in their next elections.

There is an incredible amount at stake here for them at a time when they should be reaping the rewards of controlling all government and moving forward. When Trump ended the separation of church and state by allowing religious organisations to fund campaigns it should really have been the beginning of the end for dems in the US. Now it's looking like if they don't do something about this if it comes out that Trump knew (and of course he knew), then in four years the dems could hold all the advantages that the republicans did in January. If the dems get the chance to reverse that executive order then instead of the end for the dems, it could be the beginning of the end of the republicans because, with the evolution of the internet and social media, more and more young voters are growing up or becoming liberal.

It's not quite as simple as 'nothing will be done about it'. There's a lot at stake.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh no oligarchs dont truly punish each other. Hence the reason Trump immediately stepped back from his "gonna prosecute crooked hillary" rhetoric once he took office. I do think though that the way this will "topple" trump is in congressional republican defections. The dude is about as popular as cancer with the majority of the country and many of the GOPers still want to be reelected. 

I do confess to holding out hope for impeachment proceedings. I dont really want a president Pence so I think the ideal scenario for me is impeachment but not removal. Just a lame duck president who cant get anything done and has become humbled enough to stop trying to do stupid ****. 

Im racking my brain for a prop bet to take you up on.......

I can see a few "defections" but with 60 + mil who voted for Trump (many who are still EXTREMELY loyal...i don't think a bunch of cod sacks like Graham,Mccain,ect. will dare to risk their precious majority!

I say to hell with it and lets all just agree on both sides and put "tok'in" Gary Johnson in as pres and have a national "light one up day"...then maybe atleast for one day we can sit back,chill,and all agree we are AMERICANS FIRST!

Well this investigation will likely take 5+ years to finish,you got time to think something up bud :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's not quite as simple as 'nothing will be done about it'. There's a lot at stake.

Paragraphs bro :lol:...not being a d***,just on a mobile even a medium/small wall of text is headache inducing lol

I don't completely disagree man,i just know how these nutless,spineless,cowards work and nothing is ever as it would seem...nor is it otherwise ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Paragraphs bro :lol:...not being a d***,just on a mobile even a medium/small wall of text is headache inducing lol

I don't completely disagree man,i just know how these nutless,spineless,cowards work and nothing is ever as it would seem...nor is it otherwise ;)

Well it's not really a wall of text because it's not 10 conjoined paragraphs but fixed anyways.

On a side note I really need to give credit to Trump Jr though where it's due. At least he didn't delete the emails :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Well it's not really a wall of text because it's not 10 conjoined paragraphs but fixed anyways.

On a side note I really need to give credit to Trump Jr though where it's due. At least he didn't delete the emails :D 

Yeah that why i said "medium/small"...16 lines in a row is a b**** on a mobile device :lol: :tu:

Oh...he didn't bleach them "like with a rag?"... :rofl:

• Like 1

Comedy gold :D

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Comedy gold :D

Personally I can't wait for John Oliver's take on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

If i remember correctly it was a republican who first hired the man who came up with the dossier.

Regardless republicans need to stop talking about Hillary, as Trump keeps reminding people he won the election. Its time to stop thinking about her and deal with president trump. 

You do not remember correctly.

Talking about Hillary exposes the fact that most people who are outraged over fake news of Trump Russia collusion, don't really care about it. They care about their witch hunt.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked