Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rolled ice cream

Keel M.

Right?! They offered all kinds of flavors, including lemon pie. For that, he'd put a Pecan Sandies cookie in the middle then add a little lemon rind and lime rind and then pour the ice cream on top of that. I could tell that it was vanilla flavored with the chocolate syrup rather than chocolate from the start, but it was still good and I understand the decision to use the vanilla base for all flavors and just add the chocolate syrup or whatever because that's less to have to worry about transporting.You can buy a personal sized rolled ice cream kit on Amazon for $50. It comes with an 11" round plate that you freeze and the spatulas and a pair of tongs. The big set up like that guy was working from goes for $2,000. Considering he's the only gig in town, he's got the corner market on novelty ice cream. Plus they are in a pretty tourist heavy location.

• Like 3

As a business concept it certainly has a novel point of difference. But you cant sell that ice-cream cheap. It's a limited turnover. You can only produce one every few minutes. Your direct competiyor, the normal scoop ice cream can produce a couple a minute.

I think if I where going to open something like this I would have atleast two chiller plates running. Keep competitive with the faster market.

But it's very cool. No pun intended.

• Like 1

That isn't that guy's first batch!  I can respect the correct use of tools in the hands of a craftsman.

• Like 2