Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

whistling in ear after waking caused by REM

trevor borocz johnson

It seems like a culprit that Rapid Eye Movement (REM) that occurs while a person is dreaming would flex facial muscles that might cause variations in the sound of a person's tinnitus causing patterns that they identify a few seconds after waking up. Facial movements like yawning also cause this type of tinnitus called fleeting tinnitus.

It could be possible to record this activity with a gyroscope. I say gyroscope and not microphone because the movements of the inner ear from REM don't vibrate but rather come in and out like waving your hand in front of your face that doesn't make much noise, but hitting your hand on something cause both to vibrate. This is because of the four energy conversions of an explosion of energy which is sound, seismic, heat, and weight movement or displacement.

Does anyone know if they look for patterns in REM already for dream symbology and dream telepathy?

• Like 1

Maybe I am slow on the uptake but a gyroscope according to wiki...

gyroscope
ˈdʒʌɪrəskəʊp/
noun
  1. a device consisting of a wheel or disc mounted so that it can spin rapidly about an axis which is itself free to alter in direction. The orientation of the axis is not affected by tilting of the mounting, so gyroscopes can be used to provide stability or maintain a reference direction in navigation systems, automatic pilots, and stabilizers.

could u elaborate on how the gyroscope will be used I'm this.particular instance?

4 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

could u elaborate on how the gyroscope will be used I'm this.particular instance?

The spinning part to a gyroscope causes the thing as a whole to not want to move. When its placed in a sensor and that thing as whole moves the gyroscope resists and gives an output. So it detects movement in this way. The flexing of the facial muscles doesn't make any noise, but a gyroscope could detect movements caused by REM. There's video of REM and that may be equally usable for these purposes. I suppose you would have a test group of people who are awoken during REM sleep and asked to write down there dreams, then look for similarities in REM patterns of people who dreamed of the same things. The brain already has a computer code for the symbols it gives to thoughts you have while your asleep, perhaps its a matter of plugging a gyroscope in the ear into a computer that recognizes and broadcasting dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

On 13/07/2017 at 4:04 AM, trevorhbj said:

It seems like a culprit that Rapid Eye Movement (REM) that occurs while a person is dreaming would flex facial muscles that might cause variations in the sound of a person's tinnitus causing patterns that they identify a few seconds after waking up. Facial movements like yawning also cause this type of tinnitus called fleeting tinnitus.

It could be possible to record this activity with a gyroscope. I say gyroscope and not microphone because the movements of the inner ear from REM don't vibrate but rather come in and out like waving your hand in front of your face that doesn't make much noise, but hitting your hand on something cause both to vibrate. This is because of the four energy conversions of an explosion of energy which is sound, seismic, heat, and weight movement or displacement.

Does anyone know if they look for patterns in REM already for dream symbology and dream telepathy?

Yes experiment have been done for a few decades  now from basic to more advanced,not only looking at  the association  between  rem and dreaming but also between external stimuli and dream content .

Using the most modern scanning technology it is possible to "see"  very basic dream images  and capture/record these.  Before long we will probably be able to capture and show high quality imagery from the brain  as we dream. Next  thing you know people will be downloading their dreams onto their facebook pages. :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A gyroscope placed in the ear would be less intrusive then trying to record REM sleep with a camera which has to see though your eyelids as well as be adjusted if a person rolls over. I think we could get a better number of the population to participate in recording there dreams this way as well as sending in the recordings to be comparred.

Its also interesting that a gyroscope uses quartz, the same stone that people have thought to have mystical powers. Just a coincidence.

Edited by trevorhbj

One will notice that WHILE on REM and stemming from REM paralysis occurs and it affects mainly the voluntary muscles.  
One may still have control over the eye movements and breathing although few have been interested in taking control.
Apnea is the suspension of breathing and it is a disease that can be controlled when one willingly breathe in deeply without applying to much effort that will cause the awakening of the physical body. I am going over the state REM main characteristics so that we can see it through a bigger picture. 

Intracranial sounds often happen, buzzing, whoooshing, banging and so on. But unlike ultra self conscious radical biblical material scientists no one has given to much importance to the origin from these sounds or noises. 
If you remain awake it is a gnawing feeling to have to experience weird out of the ordinary light patterns and people stuck too much on the normality of society will fear they are going insane.
It is never easy and one will have to be brave not to succumb to terror and remain sober and keeping control specifially when there are no spin doctors be your side. 

However, these episodes and other more bold like flying itself is an activity completely innocuous out of rules of behavior and points of view of that community or culture. It can be either put down to the rising of certain organs of the physical body.  
I only wonder if the aforementioned had anything to do to what you are talking about. if not, i am sorry.  

Edited by Tonite T
grammar

11 hours ago, Tonite T said:

If you remain awake it is a gnawing feeling to have to experience weird out of the ordinary light patterns and people stuck too much on the normality of society will fear they are going insane.
It is never easy and one will have to be brave not to succumb to terror and remain sober and keeping control specifially when there are no spin doctors be your side.

are you talking about staying awake for long periods of time and hallucinating? I still do that for fun to hear voices.

One may still have control over the eye movements and breathing although few have been interested in taking control.

While you're asleep? Ive never heard that could you explain more.

However, these episodes and other more bold like flying itself is an activity completely innocuous out of rules of behavior and points of view of that community or culture. It can be either put down to the rising of certain organs of the physical body.  

I have no clue what you mean by this. flying in dreaming? huh?

12 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

A gyroscope placed in the ear would be less intrusive then trying to record REM sleep with a camera which has to see though your eyelids as well as be adjusted if a person rolls over. I think we could get a better number of the population to participate in recording there dreams this way as well as sending in the recordings to be comparred.

Its also interesting that a gyroscope uses quartz, the same stone that people have thought to have mystical powers. Just a coincidence.

Well that's completely wrong, dreams are in your brain, not your eyes. A gyroscope would do nothing. You need to monitor brain waves if you want to record dreams. 

2 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Well that's completely wrong, dreams are in your brain, not your eyes. A gyroscope would do nothing. You need to monitor brain waves if you want to record dreams. 

You probably have zero previous knowledge on the topic and are just being a bast*** again. But I forgive you. So tell me what studies you know of that have been applied to what you just said about me being wrong and brain wave activity being recorded by what a tomography?

5 minutes ago, trevorhbj said:

You probably have zero previous knowledge on the topic and are just being a bast*** again. But I forgive you. So tell me what studies you know of that have been applied to what you just said about me being wrong and brain wave activity being recorded by what a tomography?

Everything I post to you is relating to concepts you have got completely wrong.

Yes sight works by visible light reaching the eye. But when you dream or think of something, your eyes don't produce visible light. Filming your eye through your eyelid would just show your eye. 

Sorry if you think I'm being a b******, but you really need to learn some very basic concepts before you post your topics, and hopefully my replies help you see that. 

Heres a really cool article about using brain waves to reproduce images (from 2011): https://www.businessinsider.com.au/inception-is-real-2011-9?r=US&IR=T

The video is pretty amazing: 

1 hour ago, trevorhbj said:

are you talking about staying awake for long periods of time and hallucinating? I still do that for fun to hear voices.

While you're asleep? Ive never heard that could you explain more.

I have no clue what you mean by this. flying in dreaming? huh?

Hello Trevor. Now you got me after having some beers but I am still sober. Trevor, I have done something alike and I still do but with a difference. I try to remain in that hypnagogic state as long as I can. Interesting results I have got from that. For sure. We begin to hear people thoughts or read people s thoughts. Well . TY. I am gonna find my bedroom. Good night.

6 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

No previous knowledge indeed. Trevor, I take this sort of comment as coming from someone brainwashed into those pseudo scientific old schools of skepticism. Not the healthy skepticism but another one which loves disinformation.

I do not do this anymore because almost invariably i fall into bed like a stone from my day's assignments.

If one wishes to remain awake whilst in the hypnogogic state one will probably experience some hallucinatory sounds noises and visuals including episodes of mind reading , something which may be investigated in its validity. If it is completely out of topic at least I got close. You 'spoke' about something regarding the REM state and I kinda mused about it from another perspective.

28 minutes ago, Tonite T said:

No previous knowledge indeed. Trevor, I take this sort of comment as coming from someone brainwashed into those pseudo scientific old schools of skepticism. Not the healthy skepticism but another one which loves disinformation.

I have been accused of being a disinformation agent on these forums before. :lol:

But really, how would using a camera to film someone's eyes while they're dreaming work? That's got to be one of the most simple and ill informed concepts out there. 

And why would monitoring brain waves not work?

9 hours ago, Timonthy said:

But really, how would using a camera to film someone's eyes while they're dreaming work? That's got to be one of the most simple and ill informed concepts out there. 

And why would monitoring brain waves not work?

You could setup a computer program to detect motion and then use an infrared camera to detect for movement. They write algorithms based on changes from frame to frame in the video to detect motion. But  film would be less effective and monitoring the brain a lot more expensive then a small gyroscope which come in phones and less then ten dollars as well as less intrusive.

5 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

You could setup a computer program to detect motion and then use an infrared camera to detect for movement. They write algorithms based on changes from frame to frame in the video to detect motion. But  film would be less effective and monitoring the brain a lot more expensive then a small gyroscope which come in phones and less then ten dollars as well as less intrusive.

I don't know how much information you'd be able to get from detecting any movement, it would probably be pointless. 

Brain waves are without a doubt the way to go. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, Timonthy said:

I don't know how much information you'd be able to get from detecting any movement, it would probably be pointless. 

Brain waves are without a doubt the way to go. 

Well a gyroscope like the on in your phone could be in an earpiece for ten dollars, I don't know about a tomographic machine cost probably about 300,000 dollars, a lot harder to install I imagine to ay mate?

9 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

Well a gyroscope like the on in your phone could be in an earpiece for ten dollars, I don't know about a tomographic machine cost probably about 300,000 dollars, a lot harder to install I imagine to ay mate?

It's just a matter of attaching the electrodes. Expensive but very accurate at detecting brain waves. It's not like a one-per-person deal.

Gyroscopes would never give you any valuable information. Unless you make them microscopic and insert thousands(millions?) of them into the brain.

why do you think its brain waves that you see? what are they projecting onto while you dream? the inside of your brain?I think if you placed a gyroscope in the ear, played the signal through a more powerful gyroscope, and mixed the signal with tv white noise, that it might broadcast what you hear when you hear white noise or dream for a wide spectru of people to listen to, and hence make a broadcaster this way.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:29 PM, trevorhbj said:

I suppose you would have a test group of people who are awoken during REM sleep and asked to write down there dreams, then look for similarities in REM patterns of people who dreamed of the same things.

I don't understand this thread at all. What are they measuring and what are they measuring it for?