Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

13 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

LMAO. You have to be a kid.

I'm 22! <_< And even if I was a kid, how would that make my point any less valid? What good would come out of funnelingmoney to a project like this? 

23 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Katie Steinle and family would disagree with you.

Build the wall and attack the Sanctuary Cities.

There are better ways to solve problems than xenophobia and violence. Building the wall is a terrible idea. 

Edited by AustinHinton
  • Like 6

Just now, AustinHinton said:

I'm 22! <_< And even if I was a kid, how would that make my point any less valid? What could could come out of fulling money to a project like this? 

There are better ways to solve problems than xenophobia and violence. Building the wall is a terrible idea. 

Too late kid.

We won the election. You are now a spectator.

• Like 2

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

Too late kid.

We won the election. You are now a spectator.

Who's this "we"? 

16 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

...who in turn create jobs and pay lots of tax dollars back to the Government. Why is that a bad thing?

Infrastructure upgrades are coming, if they haven't already been approved.

I am a citizen of the world

Considerably less taxes when the republicans are in power, considering they are the party of tax breaks for the rich.

1 minute ago, Sweetpumper said:

America.

Trump and his followers do not represent America as a whole. 

• Like 4

President Trump won the election.

Also, Americans handed President Trump a majority in the House AND the U.S. Senate.

We have the power.

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Considerably less taxes when the republicans are in power, considering they are the party of tax breaks for the rich.

lol, and democrats are not?  the only tax brake i ever got was under bush.  now tell me how democratic policies affected your taxes.

4 Ways That Democrats Want to Cut Taxes on The Rich

Edited by aztek

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

President Trump won the election.

Also, Americans handed President Trump a majority in the House AND the U.S. Senate.

We have the power.

"We have the power."

Thats what I am afraid of. :( Also, Trump will never be my president. Respect is a right, but it is a right that has to be earned. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I am a citizen of the world

Interesting, but doesn't make your statement any less false

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

TYT - gross. IDGAF if Mexico pays for it or not, if all the materials and labor used are American, the money stays in our economy so it's a win-win.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

Who does then? And the election said otherwise.

• Like 1

Just to add a little humor to the topic, an abridgment of a somewhat related story:

serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fwww.glocktalk

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcROD2K0164OmwmoKwIU4AW3-qkSAgcEV7JRAulqDN1lsY0gAu7R7A&sp=37e5381b9751433d229f39cb6837089d&anticache=971175serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQfDc9Ep_FBcoow-hkYF8IxbPXRYmLZkfEQEwYEqJFh-x6xlwSC&sp=a9628d43692f64115fc87b069b306f63&anticache=834470

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 6

That's a strong fence!

Put a 25' tall wall right next to it.

Edited by CeresExpo2000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Who does then? And the election said otherwise.

The people do, it's just unfortunate that Trump appealed to the worst portion of the people. 

• Like 1

The people do, it's just unfortunate that Trump appealed to the worst portion of the people. 

And that's exactly the attitude that got your kind kicked out of office.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Interesting, but doesn't make your statement any less false

How so

3 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

Just to add a little humor to the topic, an abridgment of a somewhat related story

This topic is already funny - there is going to a be a gigantic reminder of Trumps' Presidency spanning from sea to shining sea. Given the opposition's reactions on election night, we can mine humor from this Wall for a long time. As for the hombres that tried driving over, they get points for creativity.

• Like 2

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

And that's exactly the attitude that got your kind kicked out of office.

My kind? 

53 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

America is already xenophobic enough already without building infrastructure to support this mindset. :( That's jobs and money that could have gone into things like building more schools or repairing aging buildings. 

And with an unlimited flow of immigrants comes expanded needs for healthcare, education, policing, housing... they will never contribute enough to cover their costs.  You are a young person and should become better educated about what this will mean for you and YOUR children.  NOTHING in this world is free.  SOMEONE always pays and soon enough it will be you and your kids doing the working and paying the heavy taxes.  Controlled, planned immigration has been a key to the great success of the U.S.  Unlimited numbers who come over the borders with no accountability and a willingness to suck the cream will kill this nation.  Only a fool wouldn't realize this.  If you don't believe it, the next time you have a party at your home, advertise it over the whole state or nation and watch what happens.  People LOVE FREE stuff.

ETA - I support the wall as a stopgap measure, only.  The only real way to stop the flow of illegals is to fine the businesses that hire them so heavily that it becomes counterproductive.  Nothing else will ever work and the businesses in the U.S. are too greedy to allow this.  Between the desire for near slave labor and potentially vast numbers of new Dem voters, no plan will ever be approved that will stop this flow.  CORRUPTION at the highest levels is killing our country.

Edited by and then
  • Like 5

Another Serious Issue: Mexican Heroin is pouring across the Mexican border.

Heroin / Opioid Epidemic is in all 50 states.

Katie Steinle + Mexican Heroin = Build the Border Wall NOW! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

How so

Regardless of your self proclaimed "citizen of the world" status our economy is Canadian. Saying otherwise is a misrepresentation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Another Serious Issue: Mexican Heroin is pouring across the Mexican border.

Heroin / Opioid Epidemic is in all 50 states.

Katie Steinle + Mexican Heroin = Build the Border Wall NOW! 

I would support the death penalty for anyone trafficking in large amounts of this poison.  These dealers and cartels are dealing death to our citizens and they should know that if they are caught they will be executed.  NO long stay in a jail cell.  As soon as the gavel falls, I'd inject them with a lethal OD of what they were bringing in.  These people are playing a game and we are doing the dying.  It's time to balance the costs a bit more fairly, I'd say.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

"We have the power."

Thats what I am afraid of. :( Also, Trump will never be my president. Respect is a right, but it is a right that has to be earned. 

Then you must not be an American so why do you care what we spend out money on?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

...who in turn create jobs and pay lots of tax dollars back to the Government. Why is that a bad thing?

Because government spending is at approximately 40% of it's citizens income currently (thus our ever increasing debt)  Are you getting your money's worth?  Would you surrender 40% of your income in exchange for what your government is doing in your name and supposedly on your behalf?  Too late.  You already are and don't even know it.  Sooner or later (probably sooner) the economy will collapse and America's position in the worlds economy will be downgraded severely, and will not be improved until our debt is drastically reduced.  They just added yet another $1.6B with this wall that is going to make exactly no difference in the big picture except create more crime when illegal drug prices go up because it's now slightly harder to get drugs across the border.  But they will still come across because people want them and the free market (black market) will always find a way.  This wall is a huge boondoggle.

• Like 5

Just now, and then said:

I would support the death penalty for anyone trafficking in large amounts of this poison.  

you know Iran has death penalty for drug smuggling, carried out right on the spot, they do not arrest smugglers. at the same time iran has huge problem with heroin addiction. and in last 6 years addicts amount doubled.

funny how production of poppy in afganistan skyrocketed after our invasion. 

Edited by aztek