Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

12 minutes ago, and then said:

ETA - I support the wall as a stopgap measure, only.  The only real way to stop the flow of illegals is to fine the businesses that hire them so heavily that it becomes counterproductive.  Nothing else will ever work and the businesses in the U.S. are too greedy to allow this.  Between the desire for near slave labor and potentially vast numbers of new Dem voters, no plan will ever be approved that will stop this flow.  CORRUPTION at the highest levels is killing our country.

The fear of deportation and Nazi boogeymen has already helped reduce illegal immigration by a large margin. The Wall will be a visual manifestation of our will and should serve to discourage illegals even further.

However, as long as there are dissidents within the country opening back doors out of spite we may never fully solve this problem.

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

.  This wall is a huge boondoggle.

of course it is, we have been building walls since basically beginning of times for nothing i guess.

does your property have a fence? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, and then said:

I would support the death penalty for anyone trafficking in large amounts of this poison.  These dealers and cartels are dealing death to our citizens and they should know that if they are caught they will be executed.  NO long stay in a jail cell.  As soon as the gavel falls, I'd inject them with a lethal OD of what they were bringing in.  These people are playing a game and we are doing the dying.  It's time to balance the costs a bit more fairly, I'd say.

No quick fix.

Even with treatment of heroin: 85% Failure Rate!

Just now, aztek said:

you know Iran has death penalty for drug smuggling, carried out right on the spot, they do not arrest smugglers. at the same time iran has huge problem with heroin addiction. and in last 6 years addicts amount doubled.

funny how production of poppy skyrocketed after our invasion. 

Nothing funny about opioid addiction and overdose.  Blame who you like, it really doesn't matter.  Frankly, I don't really care if it doesn't stop the scourge.  I'd just like to know that some of these death dealers are paying the price as well, instead of going through life flush with cash.  Self-destructive people will find a way to destroy themselves.  We should at least do what we can to slow that process and educate our children better about the consequences.  If I had teens today, I'd INSIST that they attend a few funerals and see the grief that such loss brings to the survivors.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

of course it is, we have been building walls since basically beginning of times for nothing i guess.

Good fences make Good neighbors.:)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

Would your fence stop someone who was determined to get in you yard?

No it would not.

Edited by OverSword

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

However, as long as there are dissidents within the country opening back doors out of spite we may never fully solve this problem.

if we consider those dissidents part of the problem and deal with them accordingly, we should  solve the issue faster and  more effective. 

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No it would not.

If fences don't work, then why is there one around the White House???

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Because government spending is at approximately 40% of it's citizens income currently (thus our ever increasing debt)  Are you getting your money's worth?  Would you surrender 40% of your income in exchange for what your government is doing in your name and supposedly on your behalf?  Too late.  You already are and don't even know it.  Sooner or later (probably sooner) the economy will collapse and America's position in the worlds economy will be downgraded severely, and will not be improved until our debt is drastically reduced.  They just added yet another $1.6B with this wall that is going to make exactly no difference in the big picture except create more crime when illegal drug prices go up because it's now slightly harder to get drugs across the border.  But they will still come across because people want them and the free market (black market) will always find a way.  This wall is a huge boondoggle.

I disagree somewhat with your assessment of the border wall's effectiveness but other than that, thank you for your response. I see what you're saying about Government over-spending but regardless, giant companies are still an integral part of the economic framework. So IF they pay taxes and IF they are American, is this not still a positive? How is paying an American contractor to build the Wall any worse than paying an American contractor to build roads? The wall is infrastructure, technically

5 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

No quick fix.

Even with treatment of heroin: 85% Failure Rate!

Addiction is deadly, always has been.  All we can do is try to limit the access as best we can.  The rest, we try to help.  Ultimately, a person has to decide that they WANT to live more than they want the next fix.

Just now, OverSword said:

good question, i have not seen anyone attempt yet, thou my neighbors houses were broken into, maybe it is a fence, maybe a signs, i do not dial 911. maybe it is combination of two, including bright motion activated lights. i'm sure if i thought none of it will stop a determined guy, and did nothing results would be different.

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No it would not.

You could rephrase the question: "Would you allow strangers from another country to show up at your door and live with you and your family?"

Easy transition in to talking about the importance of immigration control.

• Like 3

Just now, and then said:

All we can do is try to limit the access as best we can.  

we are doing it, drug prohibition is exactly that, yet we fail miserably. that should be a clue, that we are doing something wrong

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, and then said:

And with an unlimited flow of immigrants comes expanded needs for healthcare, education, policing, housing... they will never contribute enough to cover their costs.  You are a young person and should become better educated about what this will mean for you and YOUR children.  NOTHING in this world is free.  SOMEONE always pays and soon enough it will be you and your kids doing the working and paying the heavy taxes.  Controlled, planned immigration has been a key to the great success of the U.S.  Unlimited numbers who come over the borders with no accountability and a willingness to suck the cream will kill this nation.  Only a fool wouldn't realize this.  If you don't believe it, the next time you have a party at your home, advertise it over the whole state or nation and watch what happens.  People LOVE FREE stuff.

ETA - I support the wall as a stopgap measure, only.  The only real way to stop the flow of illegals is to fine the businesses that hire them so heavily that it becomes counterproductive.  Nothing else will ever work and the businesses in the U.S. are too greedy to allow this.  Between the desire for near slave labor and potentially vast numbers of new Dem voters, no plan will ever be approved that will stop this flow.  CORRUPTION at the highest levels is killing our country.

But surely a better solution than spending billions on a wall can be found? 

26 minutes ago, and then said:

I would support the death penalty for anyone trafficking in large amounts of this poison.  These dealers and cartels are dealing death to our citizens and they should know that if they are caught they will be executed.  NO long stay in a jail cell.  As soon as the gavel falls, I'd inject them with a lethal OD of what they were bringing in.  These people are playing a game and we are doing the dying.  It's time to balance the costs a bit more fairly, I'd say.

Or people can be responsible for what they put into their bodies. Unless these drug dealers are forcibly injecting drugs into users it is the users fault. It is called personal responsibility. 

• Like 2

Just now, AustinHinton said:

But surely a better solution than spending billions on a wall can be found? 

enlighten us with your wisdoms. tell  us how would you keep hundreds of thousands (in 2016 it was 1 million) of border jumpers a year, without spending, do not forget toll on economy they take, ( besides them wiring  about 50B+ a year out of us economy). i garrantee you if you do the math, you will see 1,6B is peanuts compared to impact they cause to our economy.

Edited by aztek

19 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

You could rephrase the question: "Would you allow strangers from another country to show up at your door and live with you and your family?"

or....should you close and lock the front door of your home?

Maybe you should open the door, invite in strangers?

......run to the store and buy them groceries?????

Food for Thought

29 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

If fences don't work, then why is there one around the White House???

Does it work?  Have you ever heard of anyone being arrested for being on the white house lawn?  Yes you have. 

• Like 1

It's like walking into a bathroom with the bathtub overflowing onto the floor.

- The 1st thing you do is walk over and turn off the water. -

Secure the Border with Mexico.  Then attack the sanctuary cities for going rogue.

31 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I disagree somewhat with your assessment of the border wall's effectiveness but other than that, thank you for your response. I see what you're saying about Government over-spending but regardless, giant companies are still an integral part of the economic framework. So IF they pay taxes and IF they are American, is this not still a positive? How is paying an American contractor to build the Wall any worse than paying an American contractor to build roads? The wall is infrastructure, technically

Completely unnecessary and ineffective infrastructure that will increase crime rates by making cocaine and heroine more expensive.

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Does it work?  Have you ever heard of anyone being arrested for being on the white house lawn?  Yes you have. 

And why were they arrested?

• Like 1

Hungary Builds A Second Wall Against Illegals

The Hungarian government has maintained that a second, stronger, barricade was required to prevent furthe illegal immigration and is proud to proclaim that only seven percent of the 4,000 illegals who tried to jump the first fence in 2016 were successful.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/28/hungary-builds-a-second-wall-against-illegals/

No refugees, no terror for Poland, Hungary
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/no-refugees-no-terror-for-poland-hungary/#eHDQjApFpMbsCWWS.99

1 minute ago, Sweetpumper said:

And why were they arrested?

We need to point out the Drug Cartel Staging areas all along the border.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That is not comparable.  Here is how you fix the problem of illegal immigration.  End all welfare.  Then people coming over the border will only receive what they earn.

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

We need to point out the Drug Cartel Staging areas all along the border.

it is also worth mentioning that they turned CA national park into growing grounds, and made parks as dangerous to hike\bike\walk, as a real warzone, that is not even considering environmental impact they create with  irrigation, and chemicals

• Like 2