Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

Just now, OverSword said:

That is not comparable.  Here is how you fix the problem of illegal immigration.  End all welfare.  Then people coming over the border will only receive what they earn.

why end welfare for legal residents and citizens???? 

31 minutes ago, aztek said:

enlighten us with your wisdoms. tell  us how would you keep hundreds of thousands (in 2016 it was 1 million) of border jumpers a year, without spending, do not forget toll on economy they take, ( besides them wiring  about 50B+ a year out of us economy). i garrantee you if you do the math, you will see 1,6B is peanuts compared to impact they cause to our economy.

That kind of information is not allowed inside the bubble. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

why end welfare for legal residents and citizens???? 

There are perfectly good reasons to end the welfare state.  Perfectly good reasons which are too numerous, lengthy and involved for this thread.

There are perfectly good reasons to end the welfare state.  Perfectly good reasons which are too numerous, lengthy and involved for this thread.

majority of welfare recipients are not illegals.  i do not see a single valid reason, why people who need it and belong in usa should not get it. sure it could be more regulated so we do not have generations on welfare. but not totally end it.

but thank you for the second sentence, i'll use that line   "Perfectly good reasons which are too numerous, lengthy and involved for this thread"  anytime i have no real arguments

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, aztek said:

majority of welfare recipients are not illegals.  i do not see a single valid reason, why people who need it and belong in usa should not get it.

but thank you for the second sentence, i'll use that line   "Perfectly good reasons which are too numerous, lengthy and involved for this thread"  anytime i have no real arguments

Kinda off topic, but Georgia and Alabama just required welfare recipients to attend job skill training and placement (something like this) in order to receive benefits. The results were amazing. Look it up.  I'm not saying all welfare is not deserved, but we know there are people who have never looked for work because they know how to work the system. 

Just now, Why not said:

Kinda off topic, but Georgia and Alabama just required welfare recipients to attend job skill training and placement (something like this) in order to receive benefits. The results were amazing. Look it up.  I'm not saying all welfare is not deserved, but we know there are people who have never looked for work because they know how to work the system. 

i believe you, we defiantly need welfare reform, we have entire projects that live on welfare for generations, have more kids get more cash,  who needs to work, pop babies every few years and you are set for life, including free health insurance.

but it does not change the fact that illegals get very little welfare, pi$$ in a sea compare to how citizens abuse the system

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, aztek said:

majority of welfare recipients are not illegals.  i do not see a single valid reason, why people who need it and belong in usa should not get it. sure it could be more regulated so we do not have generations on welfare. but not totally end it.

Go ahead and read every essay ever written by Milton Friedman (or watch some on youtube) and get your answer.

• Like 1

Go ahead and read every essay ever written by Milton Friedman (or watch some on youtube) and get your answer.

lol, that is your argument, go read every essay by some dude i never heard about? lol 

I do not even know who he is, nor i care about his essays,  i see what happens around me, living in Brooklyn i see pretty much all of it. welfare abuse, illegals, also see families that do need welfare, to help them out, for some time, not making it a lifestyle, as i see "some" do.  

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

My kind? 

I think they mean 'anyone outside their cult'. It's not usual politics to them anymore, it's a proper cult. 

It partially explains their obsession with otherwise counterproductive wall. It's sort of a totem for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

enlighten us with your wisdoms. tell  us how would you keep hundreds of thousands (in 2016 it was 1 million) of border jumpers a year, without spending, do not forget toll on economy they take, ( besides them wiring  about 50B+ a year out of us economy). i garrantee you if you do the math, you will see 1,6B is peanuts compared to impact they cause to our economy.

I don't have any wisdoms to offer, I was just saying that there should be more peaceful and less xenophobic solutions than a big wall. 

good work, hope there are check points and guard towers along the wall, even centuries ago the Chinese had the wisdom to erect wall to keep others away and secure the border. It's expensive but a price to be paid for a national security . The wall itself can become a tourist destination on both sides  with small businesses growing along the length of the wall . 

Just now, AustinHinton said:

I don't have any wisdoms to offer, I was just saying that there should be more peaceful and less xenophobic solutions than a big wall. 

lol, immigration control is xenophobic??  that is hilarious.  you do have something to offer after all, 

13 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

And how is a wall not peaceful?

Edited by Sweetpumper
bringing down the heat

lol, immigration control is xenophobic??  that is hilarious.  you do have something to offer after all, 

*Moderator Advice.....please read*

Instead of attacking a word in the post, how about discussing the context. 

Let's bring the tensions down a notch.

I see a lot of Shia LaBeouf's here.

‘He will not divide us,’ has been the loud, relentless anti-Trump message all year from Hollywood star Shia LaBeouf.

It began on January 20th, the day of Donald Trump’s inauguration, when LaBeouf launched a livestream project.

He summed up the purpose of the exercise with these simple words: ‘We’re anti-division.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4692902/PIERS-MORGAN-Shia-LaBeouf-heartless-racist-douchebag.html#ixzz4mkE2UHsP 

In the end, it still comes down to " it's us and them" in their world. But, we must not be divisive.

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

You should make up your mind, is my country guilty of letting refugees through, or stopping them? 

And because there were razor wire fences on our border (not by us, by the way) I can tell you they don't stop people but they do massacre wild animals. 

Also, I didn't show up here because I think there's anything to debate about your wall, your symbol of fear and insecurity, I just posted a useful clarification to another fellow human being.

You may now keep frothing.  

3 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

We should just wall off California while we're at it.

Sounds like a plan!

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You should make up your mind, is my country guilty of letting refugees through, or stopping them? 

And because there were razor wire fences on our border (not by us, by the way) I can tell you they don't stop people but they do massacre wild animals. 

Also, I didn't show up here because I think there's anything to debate about your wall, your symbol of fear and insecurity, I just posted a useful clarification to another fellow human being.

You may now keep frothing.  

It's nice that non-Americans have such vested interests in internal American policies, thank you for your contribution. We highly value your opinion. :rolleyes:

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

my mind is made up. your country is doing the right thing stopping and kicking them out.  it's just funny how you trash talk about our attempts to secure our own borders. while you  country does worst things, or should i say better, Croatia, Slovenia and Poland are good examples to follow. 

yes razor fences suck that is why we building a wall. so no worries wild animals are safe.

my mind is made up. your country is doing the right thing stopping and kicking them out.  it's just funny how you trash talk about our attempts to secure our own borders. while you  country does worst things, or should i say better, Croatia, Slovenia and Poland are good examples to follow. 

yes razor fences suck that is why we building a wall. so no worries wild animals are safe.

I'm sure if we use solar panels on it, it will become a climate change issue once it's up.

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

This thread is not the place to explain the basics of refugee situation in Europe to you. 

But the morbidly funny thing is that you actually do realize it's the worst that is good example for you to follow. Really?  

If only you could follow without dragging the decent people with you. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy

8 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

It's nice that non-Americans have such vested interests in internal American policies, thank you for your contribution. We highly value your opinion. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know you don't value anything anymore. Except material gain. I didn't post because I think you could find any use in my words, I was talking to the actual person I like and who will understand me, just as I understand him. 

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

This thread is not the place to explain the basics of refugee situation to you. 

lol, as if you could even if it was, judging by your posts which are half hateful half sociopathic,  i'm pretty sure i understand refugee situation pretty good, half of my family are refugees from USSR. 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

That is not comparable.  Here is how you fix the problem of illegal immigration.  End all welfare.  Then people coming over the border will only receive what they earn.

I actually agree with you 100%. Several interviews with North African migrants in Europe confirm that many of them are headed to the countries with the best welfare programs. They are avoiding countries that don't offer the full "welcome refugees!" package. It could cut a lot of incentive for illegals but it will initiate a lot of rioting and cop car burning in "urban" areas...