Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

As long as we cannot support our own homeless veterans, the disabled and orphans adequately it is not responsible to take on an added burden. Bringing people in to sleep on the streets because there isn't enough housing isn't the solution.

• Like 2

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

I'm sure if we use solar panels on it, it will become a climate change issue once it's up.

it could, i would be concerned about vandalism thou.

3 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

America is already xenophobic enough already without building infrastructure to support this mindset. :( That's jobs and money that could have gone into things like building more schools or repairing aging buildings. 

Building a wall is not xenophobic.  It's being and making good neighbors.

1 hour ago, aztek said:

lol, that is your argument, go read every essay by some dude i never heard about? lol 

I do not even know who he is, nor i care about his essays,  i see what happens around me, living in Brooklyn i see pretty much all of it. welfare abuse, illegals, also see families that do need welfare, to help them out, for some time, not making it a lifestyle, as i see "some" do.  

He's an American Nobel Prize winning economist.  Learn a little something.

Here he is schooling a young Michael Moore

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

President Trump won the election.

Also, Americans handed President Trump a majority in the House AND the U.S. Senate.

We have the power.

Yes, we have the power but now the cowards need to exercise that power.  Don't be afraid of what the Progs might do.

3 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

The people do, it's just unfortunate that Trump appealed to the worst portion of the people. 

Oh, you mean the deplorables?  The Forgotten Man?  The Blue-Collar worker.  The Heart & Soul of this nation

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, kartikg said:

good work, hope there are check points and guard towers along the wall, even centuries ago the Chinese had the wisdom to erect wall to keep others away and secure the border. It's expensive but a price to be paid for a national security . The wall itself can become a tourist destination on both sides  with small businesses growing along the length of the wall . 

You do know that the great wall of china failed don't you?  The Huns came right through and took over.  So far ever single example of a wall or a fence given was a failure.  Don't bother looking for one that didn't fail you won't find one. 

• Like 2

Walls and fences are going up all over Europe. The Mexican wall is the only one getting any attention in the media.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Walls and fences are going up all over Europe.

Gee golly, wonder why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

lol, that is your argument, go read every essay by some dude i never heard about? lol 

I do not even know who he is, nor i care about his essays,  i see what happens around me, living in Brooklyn i see pretty much all of it. welfare abuse, illegals, also see families that do need welfare, to help them out, for some time, not making it a lifestyle, as i see "some" do.  

Might I suggest you view his 10 part PBS series (Free to Choose) available on youtube?  It originally came out in 1980, about the same time Cosmos did.  Both were great series.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Building a wall is not xenophobic.  It's being and making good neighbors.

We have different versions of "making good neighbors" then. :) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Walls and fences are going up all over Europe. The Mexican wall is the only one getting any attention in the media.

It's true.

But it's also true that some were taken down too. 

They weren't efficient against people, they were monuments to political platforms based on irrational fears. And also, building them was profitable for some. While there are so many useful structures to build, and profit from it too, of course.

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Might I suggest you view his 10 part PBS series (Free to Choose) available on youtube?  It originally came out in 1980, about the same time Cosmos did.  Both were great series.

i just might, however in the 80 situation was very different. as was the economy. i took economy 101 in school,  it was actually in the 80s as well. i remember our teacher telling us, that all economists can do is to make prognoses based on known models\patterns\events.  things change all the time, so old economic models most likely wont predict future accurately.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

We have different versions of "making good neighbors" then. :) 

So do illegals.

Just now, OverSword said:

i've seen that a while ago, he had a point then,  however things change a lot since then, also he only grabs economical concept. he does not even touch, crime, unpaid hospital bills,  those jobs he says Americans do not want to do , is thing of the past, even "Mexicans" wont work for less than 10-12 now, that is what mostly fast food american workers get. he also never touched 50+ billions a year that illegals remove from economy.  i';m sure there are more aspects than he talked about, or i mentioned

Edited by aztek

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

i just might, however in the 80 situation was very different. as was the economy. i took economy 101 in school,  it was actually in the 80s as well. i remember our teacher telling us, that all economists can do is to make prognoses based on known models\patterns\events.  things change all the time, so old economic models most likely wont predict future accurately.  

It's a bit more than about an old economic model.  It's more along the lines of principle and ideology (Adam Smith).  It's a little dry at times but it still stimulates the mind because I always see new things I didn't before, although, it has been several years since I last watched it (or most of it).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's true.

But it's also true that some were taken down too. 

They weren't efficient against people, they were monuments to political platforms based on irrational fears. And also, building them was profitable for some. While there are so many useful structures to build, and profit from it too, of course.

They aren't as efficient, against people breaking the law, as they should be. Would you be so accommodating to someone you didn't know squatting in your garden in a tent? Defecating on your lawn around your children?

There are many things to be taken into consideration.

So how is that whole "And Mexico is going to pay for it" thing working out for us?  This is a huge waste of money. 

It will only be effective if we have machine gun emplacements every 200 yards to kill anyone that tries to cross.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

They aren't as efficient, against people breaking the law, as they should be. Would you be so accommodating to someone you didn't know squatting in your garden in a tent? Defecating on your lawn around your children?

There are many things to be taken into consideration.

I'm not talking from the accommodating anyone point, and it's near impossible to make me believe Mexicans come to your country specifically to defecate on your lawn, but never mind that now, I think this here boils that wall issue down: 

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So how is that whole "And Mexico is going to pay for it" thing working out for us?  This is a huge waste of money. 

It will only be effective if we have machine gun emplacements every 200 yards to kill anyone that tries to cross.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm not talking from the accommodating anyone point, and it's near impossible to make me believe Mexicans come to your country specifically to defecate on your lawn, but never mind that now, I think this here boils that wall issue down: 

The sad part is that some of the posters here probably would be fine with that. (the machine gun part I mean)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Good grief, I never said Mexicans came in to defecate on my lawn. Get a grip. When there is no housing there is no housing and no money. Where are they going to go and who is going to feed them?

Edited by Michelle

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The sad part is that some of the posters here probably would be fine with.

The upside is that most of them are so very murderous in forums because they truly don't know what they're talking about. They should be given a chance to see and smell that, what they are so fine with.

The downside is that some of them would be delighted. And there's no wall against such people. Which is something we all know, only some rather wouldn't admit. 

Sorry for the sermon :lol: I couldn't resist...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Land mines are cheaper.

Just sayin'.

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

He's an American Nobel Prize winning economist.  Learn a little something.

Here he is schooling a young Michael Moore

OMG... he dominated Michael Moore.