Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

yes really.

if her parents dumb enough to take here where they will be killed, then it's their fault.  

actually you may have a point, shooting is not ideal, cuz it requires a person be there, electric fence otoh, would be better, they work great in prisons, 

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

Yes for civilians there are and will be legal entry points, anyone else is a criminal and by law , if someone is trying to force a way in your house by breaking windows how on earth can you say he has good intentions  ?  the whole idea of border is to prevent illegal entry and by all means a country is under law protected . 

President Trump said he will have a Big Beautiful Door for migrant workers to enter and pick crops for the farmers.

All Drug Dealing Cartels are: Persona Non Grata / Unwelcome.

• Like 1

I wonder what the results would be if we ran a survey to see if people think summary execution for crossing the border illegally is okay?

A mod would probably take it down.

Edited by OverSword

Just now, OverSword said:

I wonder what the results would be if we ran a survey to see if people think summary execution for crossing the border illegally is okay?

do not wonder, make a poll,

caughtya.jpg

i'm sure these cartel dudes would agree with you, they sure would not agree with me.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

do not wonder, make a poll,

read my edit

16 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Good luck getting all that for 1.6 billion...

Wonder how much it will blow out.

The $1.6 billion is for initial costs, such as design and planning. Estimates for the total cost range between $12-$40 billion, depending who you ask. An additional $300+ million will be required for border patrol agents and customs enforcement officers.

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

read my edit

you never know unless you try, but yes the way you phrased it, it prbly would

in any case you already know where some of us stand.

3 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Caesar's walls at Alesia worked. The Maginot line worked. Many cities and castles didn't get captured because of their walls.

Ancient Sparta had no city walls. It was defended by men, not mortar —  and that worked too.

• Like 1

Just now, Claire. said:

The $1.6 billion is for initial costs, such as design and planning. Estimates for the total cost range between $12-$40 billion, depending who you ask. An additional $300+ million will be required for border patrol agents and customs enforcement officers.

no, it says in the article, exactly what those 1.6b buys, it is  not just design and planing

GOP leaders said the $1.6 billion fully meets Mr. Trump’s request to begin wall construction, which includes 32 miles of new border fencing in Texas, 28 miles of levee wall along the Rio Grande Valley, also in Texas, and 14 miles of replacement fence in San Diego.

Edited by aztek

Just now, Claire. said:

Ancient Sparta had no city walls. It was defended by men, not mortar —  and that worked too.

so wall and men would work even better than any by itself, wouldn't it?

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

no, it says in the article, exactly what those 1.6b buys, it is  not just design and planing

GOP leaders said the $1.6 billion fully meets Mr. Trump’s request to begin wall construction, which includes 32 miles of new border fencing in Texas, 28 miles of levee wall along the Rio Grande Valley, also in Texas, and 14 miles of replacement fence in San Diego.

I heard Double Chain Link fences with LED Lighting in some places.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

I read the article and do not for a moment believe the $1.6 billion will cover the cost of the entire wall. It's more like a 'down-payment' with additional funds to be allocated later. The first $1 billion of funding will cover less than 100 miles.

5 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I read the article and do not for a moment believe the $1.6 billion will cover the cost of the entire wall. It's more like a 'down-payment' with additional funds to be allocated later. The first $1 billion of funding will cover less than 100 miles.

We have to start someplace.

100 Miles sounds like a good number to me.

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Alesia fell to the Romans despite it's walls. If the Maginot line worked how did the Germans take Paris?

I think there’s a bit of confusion here.  Yes, the walls of Alesia fell but it’s how Caesar did it.  He built an inner wall to isolate Alesia, then he built an outer wall to defend against reinforcements.  So the people of Alesia were enclosed behind 3 wall systems.  The Maginot was a yes and no type thing.  As previously expressed, the defenses were never defeated from the German side.  Germany just had to go around.  This is a good example of relying only on the strength of the wall.  You still need the wall to be actively and vigorously manned to prevent the enemy from doing such things.  The Great Wall of China was not a single length of wall from one end to the other, as many seem to think.  It was a series of walls that controlled the flow of trade and immigration.  If there was an invasion, the wall funneled that invasion force into a bottleneck.  You would then place the bulk of your armies at those frontier choke points.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Illegally crossing the US bord? er is not a death penalty offense.  Don'y to emotionalize your argument by acting like this is tantamount to breaking into my home with the intent of raping my wife and killing my children.  Stick to logic and facts.  The fact is this is an expensive and ultimately ineffective boondoggle.  Logic dictates that this is not the answer since this wall isn't going to keep determined people out.

well ok a warning shot and then right in the head , does that make you happy . common man you are the one who is defying logic , all nations can protect their borders why are you against it? And for many people its emotional as well as logical to protect the border and prevent illegal entry . can you tell me are you against the physical wall or very tight border security in general ? 

• Like 1

Just now, kartikg said:

well ok a warning shot and then right in the head , does that make you happy . common man you are the one who is defying logic , all nations can protect their borders why are you against it? And for many people its emotional as well as logical to protect the border and prevent illegal entry . can you tell me are you against the physical wall or very tight border security in general ? 

It's called : Open Borders Mentality.

If you're against it, then clearly you are a BIG RACIST. LOL

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

President Trump said he will have a Big Beautiful Door for migrant workers to enter and pick crops for the farmers.

All Drug Dealing Cartels are: Persona Non Grata / Unwelcome.

That's great and both of them can be taxed on their respective incomes  or subsidies adjusted . 

2 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

It's called : Open Borders Mentality.

If you're against it, then clearly you are a BIG RACIST. LOL

It just iriks me have a open border , but not a open home of their own , instead of tax payer money spent on illegal immigrants , their personal wealth should be used to support such families back in their own countries 

24 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Sparta had hilly terrain around it that filled in as walls.  The Spartan army would throw everything they had into defense.  There was no hiding like in the Maginot Line.  It was expected for those men to hold their ground.  They were part of the wall as they were expected to die right there.  The most effective barrier is one made up of men *&* mortar.

5 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

We have to start someplace.

100 Miles sounds like a good number to me.

It will be interesting to see just how far past 100 miles it gets.

How is the government going to obtain the land to build the wall on?. Are they going to bully landowners the same way the Bush administration did? Are they going to use eminent domain? There is a reason why the existing border fence is primarily on federally controlled land — push back from states, Native American tribes, and private landowners. Expect law suits that will most likely take years to resolve.

1 minute ago, kartikg said:

It just iriks me have a open border , but not a open home of their own , instead of tax payer money spent on illegal immigrants , their personal wealth should be used to support such families back in their own countries 

The argument has also been framed: The Nationalists (President Trump) -vs- The Globalists (Secular Progressives).

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

It will be interesting to see just how far past 100 miles it gets.

How is the government going to obtain the land to build the wall on?. Are they going to bully landowners the same way the Bush administration did? Are they going to use eminent domain? There is a reason why the existing border fence is primarily on federally controlled land — push back from states, Native American tribes, and private landowners. Expect law suits that will most likely take years to resolve.

Time will tell.

I predict a HUGE success for President Trump.  We won the election.

3 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

The argument has also been framed: The Nationalists (President Trump) -vs- The Globalists (Secular Progressives).

you mean nationalists vs traitors? 

Just now, kartikg said:

you mean nationalists vs traitors? 

I can tell you it's like a religion to them.

Kinda scary.  Leadership appears to be coming from Europe.

• Like 1