Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

I think the closed borders will cut off the Liberals slave labor. There are millions of illegals in this country earning money, and not a cent going to the U.S.Treasury because they do not have a social security number like the rest of us taxpayers do. Do you seriously believe they are being payed fair wages? Do companies or businesses hire people and put you on a payroll without a social security number? If an illegal applies for a job, that employer might hire them at a lower wage, because just who are they going to complain to without exposing they are illegal? I'm all for immigration, but what part of illegal immigration do people have a problem understanding?

I wonder what side of this issue the Militias will be on. On one side they are anti illegal immigration. On the other they are against it government taking things from the people. This border wall will have the Us government seaze US citizens land.hmmm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanato said:

I wonder what side of this issue the Militias will be on. On one side they are anti illegal immigration. On the other they are against it government taking things from the people. This border wall will have the Us government seaze US citizens land.hmmm

seize land = about 40 feet

Not the end of the world.  :D

1 minute ago, Thanato said:

If it really matters, I would think that the Militias would consider this as a fair trade.  And after the wall is built, in many places, the use of most of the land would probably be returned to the owners.  But I would want to see a ribbon of land running the entire length of the border which would be about 500 yards deep.  And much of that could be shared use (depends on the use).  There are places where this would be impossible so it would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Just now, Claire. said:

I read the article and do not for a moment believe the $1.6 billion will cover the cost of the entire wall. It's more like a 'down-payment' with additional funds to be allocated later. The first $1 billion of funding will cover less than 100 miles.

i'm sure you did not for a moment believe in 2015 that trump could win.

no one said 1.6b is for entire wall, iirc esimate was 20b, but it is not just for planing and design either.

Just now, Thanato said:

us gvmnt does it all the time, it's called Eminent domain

• Like 1

I am for the wall but I have concerns.  We just can't build it and walk away.  It needs to be vigorously maintained and supported.  That is where the real cost will be.  I would even be ok without a wall the entire length.  It should be a defensive border system utilizing natural terrain and man-made obstacles including earthworks.  The idea would be to slow down infiltrators, not stop them.  Something impenetrable only creates a challenge and anything made by Man can be defeated.  If you design it so that people expend their energies trying to get through and across that it drains their desire to do it again or even encourage others to do it would be more effective.  Leave the bones of the dead to work on the illegal’s resolve.  The mental game is just as important as the physical wall.

Supporting the wall would include all kinds of low and high tech surveillance techniques.  What is needed more than the physical wall is manpower.  I've mentioned this before, but it would probably be more useful to convert Selective Service into an actual force.  It would be a combination of a para-military organization and a domestic peace corps.  This would fill the ranks with about 3 million high school grads annually with a 2 year mandatory time of service.  Border patrol would be only one use.  Other uses would include search and rescue, disaster recovery, fighting wild fires, construction, ranch and farming (agriculture), etc.  The participants would gain valuable skills so that they can enter the work force better prepared or college prep for an academic path.  I would estimate about 50,000 to man the wall on a 3 month rotation, so very few will actually be on the wall.  Two issues with this are the mandatory service concept and cost but there are solutions to those that can be expanded on in another thread. 

We also need to learn from history as to what has and what did not work as in those examples already brought up (China, Sparta, Alesia, Maginot).  I also think that another element to this is that there will have to be some kind of amnesty.  Not any kind of open amnesty.  Most Illegals will still need to go, but we keep the cream of the crop, i.e. those with skills, in college, in service to this country, etc.  But they would still need to pay a price for breaking the law.  Perhaps not be able to vote for 20 years, a $100,000 fine, and no welfare for the first 5 years.  We also have to update immigration law and close the 14th Amendment Anchor-Baby loophole.  For me *all* of this is the WALL and I’m sure that this is not all inclusive.  If we don’t do this, then it will be a waste of time and effort.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

i'm sure you did not for a moment believe in 2015 that trump could win.

no one said 1.6b is for entire wall, iirc esimate was 20b, but it is not just for planing and design either.

Fence repairs, new fencing and a levee wall are nowhere near a good start on the great big beautiful whatever wall.

• Like 1

Just now, Claire. said:

Fence repairs, new fencing and a levee wall are nowhere near a good start on the great big beautiful whatever wall.

says who?

59 minutes ago, kartikg said:

well ok a warning shot and then right in the head , does that make you happy . common man you are the one who is defying logic , all nations can protect their borders why are you against it? And for many people its emotional as well as logical to protect the border and prevent illegal entry . can you tell me are you against the physical wall or very tight border security in general ? 

I can tell you I'm against the government spending (wasting) money like this.  In 2 years when this won't be funded again, or in 4 years when it will be dropped altogether, then what will this have been spent on?  How far in debt are we?  How much further in debt do you want to go?  What percentage of our collective income is the government spending?  This is waste.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Time will tell.

I predict a HUGE success for President Trump.  We won the election.

The considerations at this stage of the game should be practical not political. What matters is that the benefits of the wall outweigh both the financial and environmental costs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Claire. said:

The considerations at this stage of the game should be practical not political. What matters is that the benefits of the wall outweigh both the financial and environmental costs.

Benefits : Less Mexican Heroin pouring into the United States.

56 minutes ago, kartikg said:

you mean nationalists vs traitors? 

55 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

I can tell you it's like a religion to them.

Kinda scary.  Leadership appears to be coming from Europe.

Is that what you think I am?  A traitor who takes his cues from Europe?  You guys are shallow two dimensional thinkers that need to learn about what our government was meant to do historically vs what the **** it's doing now.  We need a serious reigning in of the federal government and with puppets like I'm seeing here that's just never going to change. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

seize land = about 40 feet

Not the end of the world.  :D

You're kidding?  Where do you get 40 feet?  try a few miles northward.for construction sites, material storage etc. 

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

Benefits : Less Mexican Heroin pouring into the United States.

Not necessarily. Drug traffickers have become quite adept at studying how security measures and checkpoints operate so that they can exploit their weaknesses. And, if for some reason, they were unable to bypass the wall, they would find another way to get their stuff into the US. Of that you can be certain.

Just now, OverSword said:

You're kidding?  Where do you get 40 feet?  try a few miles northward.for construction sites, material storage etc. 

When the Border Wall is complete, i see about 40 feet across the border.

Now is a bad time to behave like an alarmist.

46 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If it really matters, I would think that the Militias would consider this as a fair trade.  And after the wall is built, in many places, the use of most of the land would probably be returned to the owners.

That's not how it works.  In imminent domain the land they don't use must be sold at a profit by law.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

Not necessarily. Drug traffickers have become quite adept at studying how security measures and checkpoints operate so that they can exploit their weaknesses. And, if for some reason, they were unable to bypass the wall, they would find another way to get their stuff into the US. Of that you can be certain.

I'm willing to see if the Border Wall slows them down.

I predict success.

20 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I am for the wall but I have concerns.  We just can't build it and walk away.  It needs to be vigorously maintained and supported.  That is where the real cost will be.  I would even be ok without a wall the entire length.  It should be a defensive border system utilizing natural terrain and man-made obstacles including earthworks.  The idea would be to slow down infiltrators, not stop them.  Something impenetrable only creates a challenge and anything made by Man can be defeated.  If you design it so that people expend their energies trying to get through and across that it drains their desire to do it again or even encourage others to do it would be more effective.  Leave the bones of the dead to work on the illegal’s resolve.  The mental game is just as important as the physical wall.

From your lips to Trump's ears.

• Like 1