Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Border Wall Funds Approved

Dark_Grey

12 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

If a potential employee shows up with a SS card and an ID what else should I, as a business owner, be required to do? Is it my responsibility to make sure they are valid? How much should I have to spend to verify their identity? If I decide that the person's paperwork looks suspicious and don't hire them am I looking at a discrimination lawsuit?

Yes, questionable documentation should be further investigated.  Even if it isn't an illegal alien.  

The guy you are hiring isn't just a tool but a future representative of your business.  He/she could be a thief, a liar, a murderer, a rapist, an escaped convict, someone that files work comp for a living, or an illegal alien. 

You should absolutely thoroughly vet your employee's before hiring.

The construction companies that hire illegals here know full well they are illegals, but use the same excuse you are using now.  Some don't even hide it, but use the independent subcontractor method to avoid even having to pretend to check.

Edited by Gromdor

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yes, questionable documentation should be further investigated.  Even if it isn't an illegal alien.  

The guy you are hiring isn't just a tool but a future representative of your business.  He/she could be a thief, a liar, a murderer, a rapist, an escaped convict, someone that files work comp for a living, or an illegal alien. 

You should absolutely thoroughly vet your employee's before hiring.

The construction companies that hire illegals here know full well they are illegals, but use the same excuse you are using now.  Some don't even hide it, but use the independent subcontractor method to avoid even having to pretend to check.

I worked in fast food for 10 years. Saw a lot of employees come and go. Many only lasted 2 or 3 months. Some never even showed up for their first day. You think the company should have a private detective firm to do a back ground check on each of them?

Now if I were hiring for a job in a bank I would certainly want a good back ground check done, but a burger flipper or cashier or a guy swinging a hammer or digging a ditch? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

I worked in fast food for 10 years. Saw a lot of employees come and go. Many only lasted 2 or 3 months. Some never even showed up for their first day. You think the company should have a private detective firm to do a back ground check on each of them?

Now if I were hiring for a job in a bank I would certainly want a good back ground check done, but a burger flipper or cashier or a guy swinging a hammer or digging a ditch? 

Absolutely, and a system to do it could be set up for less than the $25 billion for the wall.   No sugar=no ants.

36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Absolutely, and a system to do it could be set up for less than the $25 billion for the wall.   No sugar=no ants.

You must have never worked in a business where they hire 10,000s of people each year. It would not be cost effective to do a back ground check on all of them. 

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

You must have never worked in a business where they hire 10,000s of people each year. It would not be cost effective to do a back ground check on all of them. 

Well, if you want cost effective, then forget about stopping the whole illegal alien thing.  

Hiring them and ignoring the problem is cost effective after all.  Heck of a lot cheaper than building a wall or checking to see if they are illegal before hiring.

Just now, Gromdor said:

Well, if you want cost effective, then forget about stopping the whole illegal alien thing.  

Hiring them and ignoring the problem is cost effective after all.  Heck of a lot cheaper than building a wall or checking to see if they are illegal before hiring.

come to long island, see how cost effective having ms13 is, half of them are illegals.  

2 hours ago, aztek said:

come to long island, see how cost effective having ms13 is, half of them are illegals.  

Compared to?  For Bama it is the cost of employers vetting employees vs just hiring illegals.  

Not exactly sure how the cost of building a wall in the South relates to the cost of having a 30+yr established gang in NY.  

they actually started being a problem about 4 years ago.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/24/ms-13-is-turning-long-island-into-a-homicide-hotbed/

The gang recruits from young immigrants crossing the border illegally as unaccompanied minors who end up in Suffolk County.

Sini said there were 4,624 unaccompanied minors placed in the county since 2013.

Since Jan. 1, 2016, 17 of 45 murders in the county have been connected to the brutal gang, testified Police Commissioner Timothy Sini.

He said MS-13 engages in selling drugs, stealing and extortion, but unlike other gangs, the primary motivation isn’t to make money but to terrorize the community.

“MS-13 often engages in violence for the sake of violence,” Sini told the Senate Homeland Security Committee, “to increase notoriety of the gang and to cause communities to fear the gang and its members.”

Edited by aztek

Twelve of the reputed MS-13 gang members arrested over the past 30 days crossed the border as unaccompanied minors, the feds said. Now, all are considered illegal immigrants.

The recent spate of murders attributed to the MS-13 gang on Long Island is no accident — but rather the result of a sick directive from higher-ups in El Salvador for bloodshed in the Empire State, law enforcement revealed Thursday.

MS-13 honchos in El Salvador have “implemented the ‘New York Program,’ which mandates an increase of violence and bloodshed in New York,” Nassau DA Madeline Singas revealed Thursday.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/15/ms-13-is-targeting-new-york-for-more-bloodshed-authorities/

so you tell me if it has anything to do with wall,  

50 minutes ago, aztek said:

Twelve of the reputed MS-13 gang members arrested over the past 30 days crossed the border as unaccompanied minors, the feds said. Now, all are considered illegal immigrants.

The recent spate of murders attributed to the MS-13 gang on Long Island is no accident — but rather the result of a sick directive from higher-ups in El Salvador for bloodshed in the Empire State, law enforcement revealed Thursday.

MS-13 honchos in El Salvador have “implemented the ‘New York Program,’ which mandates an increase of violence and bloodshed in New York,” Nassau DA Madeline Singas revealed Thursday.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/15/ms-13-is-targeting-new-york-for-more-bloodshed-authorities/

so you tell me if it has anything to do with wall,  

I am thinking no.   International organized crime could care less about walls.  If anything it might increase MS-13 recruitment as illegals look for someplace other than legal authorities for protection.

Preparations Begin for Border Wall Construction

by BOB PRICE19 Jul 2017El Paso, TX184

President Trump’s promised border wall is one step closer to construction as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers begins testing selected areas for compatibility.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/07/19/preparations-begin-border-wall-construction/

On 7/13/2017 at 1:27 PM, AustinHinton said:

But surely a better solution than spending billions on a wall can be found? 

ABSOLUTELY, but there is no will among our political representatives to take such action.  Pass a law that imposes crippling fines on any business owner that knowingly hires illegals.  Under NO circumstances should these illegals be given any government payments.  The flow would dry up overnight from the South.  The problem isn't the human beings that are looking for a better situation at the expense of others.  They are simply being opportunistic.  The problem is that moneyed interests want cheap labor and potential new voters.  Our politicians are selling us out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

ABSOLUTELY, but there is no will among our political representatives to take such action.  Pass a law that imposes crippling fines on any business owner that knowingly hires illegals.  Under NO circumstances should these illegals be given any government payments.  The flow would dry up overnight from the South.  The problem isn't the human beings that are looking for a better situation at the expense of others.  They are simply being opportunistic.  The problem is that moneyed interests want cheap labor and potential new voters.  Our politicians are selling us out.

I agree on that.  The sad thing is that the border wall is just another pork project bone to throw to their constituents without actually doing something that hurts those moneyed interests.  

it is a crappy fence, it can be run thru with an atv, that's why they replacing it.

actually the way i see it, these crappy fences indicator of us not taking border security seriously.   it probably falls sunder broken windows theory.

Edited by aztek

On 7/17/2017 at 9:36 AM, Bama13 said:

Why should we hold American citizens responsible? It isn't their job to make sure the people in this country are here legally. That would be the Federal Governments job. So why punish business owners because the government isn't doing their job?

That is grossly impractical.  there are millions of these illegals working for thousands of employers, often for cash.  HOW would the Feds begin to know about even a small fraction?  You seem to want the current trend to continue.  I admire anyone willing to work hard for little pay.  I believe people deserve to be able to have work because without it there is no real social dignity in this life, but the U.S. is not and never HAS been a place with unlimited resources.  The simple truth is that if immigration is not a controlled process that requires assimilation, the target nation will be destroyed, eventually.

31 minutes ago, and then said:

That is grossly impractical.  there are millions of these illegals working for thousands of employers, often for cash.  HOW would the Feds begin to know about even a small fraction?  You seem to want the current trend to continue.  I admire anyone willing to work hard for little pay.  I believe people deserve to be able to have work because without it there is no real social dignity in this life, but the U.S. is not and never HAS been a place with unlimited resources.  The simple truth is that if immigration is not a controlled process that requires assimilation, the target nation will be destroyed, eventually.

If a business knowingly hires illegals then I am fine with fining them. But if a perspective employee presents a picture ID and a SS card I don't feel like the onus of proving they are here legally should fall on the business owner. 

• Like 1

lol a liberal idiot talks about things she has no clue about. what is new?   she would be property under sharia law, if raped she would be stoned to death, nice doesn't it? (actually correct way to say would be, nice, isn't it)

actually debt is a criminal offence in Arabic countries,  ever wondered why Dubai airport parking lot has many abandoned super cars. cuz people that took out loan to buy them, or other things, abandon them and leave country for good not to be put in jail when they can not pay up.  

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol a liberal idiot talks about things she has no clue about. what is new? 

That is Linda Sarsour, the new Islamic poster child. She grew up under Islam and has family currently in jail for supporting Palestinian terrorists. For whatever reason, she can't stop talking about how great Sharia law will be for America. She is the one who recently called for the Jihad against Trump

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

That is Linda Sarsour, the new Islamic poster child. She grew up under Islam and has family currently in jail for supporting Palestinian terrorists. For whatever reason, she can't stop talking about how great Sharia law will be for America. She is the one who recently called for the Jihad against Trump

she is only free to talk cuz she lives in Brooklyn. in Palistine she'd be warped in black cloth, and would not open her yapper.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=linda sarsour

Edited by aztek

Just curious as to what Linda Sarsour has to do with the wall.

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Just curious as to what Linda Sarsour has to do with the wall.

She's an example of why we need it.

• Like 4