Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Ladies and Gentlemen" changed on trains

seeder

Whatever.

If they really feel the need to change their script, "Welcome Passengers" would suffice.

• Like 2

Sexuality. Straight, bi, and homosexual. Not much to that. Unless you're Tumblr. Then you start f'n everything up with made up b.s.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sexuality. Straight, bi, and homosexual. Not much to that. Unless you're Tumblr. Then you start f'n everything up with made up b.s.

Well done (might also want to add asexual but not bad). 

I'm sure you'll catch up on gender too one day. 

33 minutes ago, Winter Summer said:

Whatever.

If they really feel the need to change their script, "Welcome Passengers" would suffice.

I actually prefer this to the 'hello everyone'. Same effect but still sounds that bit more professional. 'Hello everyone' kind of makes me think of a nursery teacher... 

• Like 1

Replacing gendered he and she pronouns with they, them, and their has been common practice for years. So what's the big deal with changing ladies and gentlemen to something totally neutral? I realize that for some, gender neutral pronouns (and other references) are sometimes perceived to be an attack on the status quo, but when that status quo encompasses racism and sexism, well then, change is a good thing.

• Like 2

People across the pond don't see a problem with it because they don't have stalls like we do. If we had the same privacy I wouldn't mind at all. But, as long as you can make eye contact with someone sitting on a toilet when you walk past, I will never be in favor of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

People across the pond don't see a problem with it because they don't have stalls like we do. If we had the same privacy I wouldn't mind at all. But, as long as you can make eye contact with someone sitting on a toilet when you walk past, I will never be in favor of it.

at least you can have a chat or giggle at the 'strange farty sounds' from the person next to you with these   :lol:

DSC00788.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What kind of stalls are you talking about? I've never seen stalls that weren't private.

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

at least you can have a chat or giggle at the 'strange farty sounds' from the person next to you with these   :lol:

DSC00788.jpg

In some places it ain't fur frum dat...:lol:

• Like 1

In some places it ain't fur frum dat...:lol:

for those who like to look in each others eyes....while straining!

funny-public-toilets-14.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

What kind of stalls are you talking about? I've never seen stalls that weren't private.

It depends on what you call private. I've been in stalls that had partitions with gaps up to my knees and I could stand on my toes to look over. A half inch gap on both sides of the doors. From the Florida Keys to Boston to San Fran they are all mostly the same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It depends on what you call private. I've been in stalls that had partitions with gaps up to my knees and I could stand on my toes to look over. A half inch gap on both sides of the doors. From the Florida Keys to Boston to San Fran they are all mostly the same.

Thanks for clarifying. Those don't sound very private at all. The best ones are those that are like small rooms with no gaps anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

Thanks for clarifying. Those don't sound very private at all. The best ones are those that are like small rooms with no gaps anywhere.

Good luck with that if you plan on making many road trips. Those kinds of places are few and far between and only if you are a customer. If you fly by the seat of your pants you'd be surprised where you end up sometimes. :lol:

• Like 2

communal toilets... who needs walls?  Note the optional foot plates for squatting if you dont  like sitting. Yes its a real photo!

joke-funny-photo-Toilets-with-option-to-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Pretty sure you were saying this is a joke but seriously, wouldn't that be a good idea? Leaving all the gender stuff aside, it might at least cut the queue for the ladies' :-D

I still say you are ignorant. There are only two biological sexes but multiple genders and if you think otherwise you need to get into the 21st century and educate yourself. It's like that whole thing where you can be openly gay now. 

Society will catch up eventually. Hopefully we don't just have to wait for all the ignorant dinosaurs to go extinct. 

Really? The English language has changed again to accommodate political correctness:

noun
noun: gender; plural noun: genders
  1. 1.
    the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
    "traditional concepts of gender"
Edited by eugeneonegin

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Political correctness will end us all.

Political correctness stands for fairness and open-mindedness, What will end us is anything that runs contrary to that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You keep thinking that. Good ideas go bad. 

Only when they're deliberately undermined and turned into something they're not and were never intended to be.

Just now, Claire. said:

turned into something they're not and were never intended to be.

This is what always happens. Every time. 

24 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Political correctness stands for fairness and open-mindedness, What will end us is anything that runs contrary to that.

My gay friends don't like SJW's privileged white kids. Gay people don't have a problem with pronouns. It's bringing too much negative attention their way.

I feel like a broken record saying this...they would rather not, for the most part, be singled out. Going out of the norm makes them as uncomfortable as it does everyone else.

But, that is only what I hear from my gay nephew and his gay friends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

This is what always happens. Every time. 

I would agree, but I suspect that you and I cast the blame in different directions.

My gay friends don't like SJW's privileged white kids. Gay people don't have a problem with pronouns. It's bringing too much negative attention their way.

I feel like a broken record saying this...they would rather not, for the most part, be singled out. Going out of the norm makes them as uncomfortable as it does everyone else.

But, that is only what I hear from my gay nephew and his gay friends.

It's not just about gays... it's about everyone. It's about being, as I mentioned earlier, fair and open-minded. The idea is not to single anyone out, but to be inclusive.

6 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I would agree, but I suspect that you and I cast the blame in different directions.

I cast the blame on both sides. The sides that's trying to force me to accept them as being special and unique. And the side that filled with narrow mined idiots. I'm on the middle ground of indifference. I honestly don't care what someone "identifies as" so long as I'm not being forced to use the "right pronoun" or get called well everything "they" call us straight white guys now. I feel that I'm not the only one who's indifferent to it all. I've come to terms with my cynical, sarcastic, and occasionally nihilistic self. If you can not accept yourself do not try to force people to accept you. The transtrenders did more harm to the real trans individuals. The SJW did more harm to everyone and brought more attention to things that didn't have a bit of attention nor harm to begin with. I could give a rats ass what two men or women do in the bedroom or even with their lives. Do I accept that life style? I do not care. Why? because it isn't my life. Do what you wish but harm none. 

3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

It's not just about gays... it's about everyone. It's about being, as I mentioned earlier, fair and open-minded. The idea is not to single anyone out, but to be inclusive.

You do know there is a pedosexual movement right? The idea has gone terribly wrong.

https://www.change.org/p/everyone-involved-in-the-lgbt-prevent-the-pedosexual-movement/c?source_location=petition_show

• Like 1

Well honestly i could care less about either "greeting" as neither way actually HARMS ANYONE...

My stance is a lot of this kinda stuff would never even be noticed if there wasn't some YUUUUGE announcement for every damn thing...

Was anyone denied any rights or discriminated against with the original greeting?...with the new greeting?...NO!

Wonder how many tax dollars were spent "brainstorming" about this SUPER IMPORTANT issue?!...The mind boggles :wacko:

• Like 3