Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Ladies and Gentlemen" changed on trains

seeder

4 minutes ago, Claire. said:

It's not just about gays... it's about everyone. It's about being, as I mentioned earlier, fair and open-minded. The idea is not to single anyone out, but to be inclusive.

And by trying to be inclusive, you have singled people out, that don't want to be the center of attention. People want to blend in and get along. They don't want activists shoving them to the forefront of their cause.

Do you know any gay people at all?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You do know there is a pedosexual movement right? The idea has gone terribly wrong.

https://www.change.org/p/everyone-involved-in-the-lgbt-prevent-the-pedosexual-movement/c?source_location=petition_show

That's a hoax just like the Clovergender trolls who were promoting pedophilia as a way of ridiculing the LGBT community.

Just now, Claire. said:

That's a hoax just like the Clovergender trolls who were promoting pedophilia as a way of ridiculing the LGBT community.

I honestly hope you're right. The more I see of this world the less I want to be in it. It is as if madness has taken over.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

And by trying to be inclusive, you have singled people out, that don't want to be the center of attention. People want to blend in and get along. They don't want activists shoving them to the forefront of their cause.

Being inclusive is not singling anyone out. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I don't use the term SJW because as we all know, it's used to discredit those who challenge the social status quo in terms of race or gender (much the same way PC is now often used). We have conservatives, the far right and numerous internet trolls to thank for that. As for the gay people you know , whilst they might not like being singled out, there are gays who have no problem being in the forefront of their cause.

I do not know any gay people, but that's neither here nor there. One does not have to know gays or whatever to know that all people should be treated with respect, compassion and consideration.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 6:26 PM, Setton said:

What harm do you think will come about from greeting people on the train with 'hello everyone'? 

What harm was the old one causing? Seriously, the phrase ladies and gentlemen cannot possibly be offensive and if it is then who are these feeble minded, self absorbed individuals, who's numbers are few amongst 7 billion other people in the world that don't take offense  to such common ideals such as ladies and gentlemen, who feel they need to impose their will onto society? 

The new phrase is whatever but it wasn't needed. Positively unnecessary imo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Claire. said:

Political correctness stands for fairness and open-mindedness, What will end us is anything that runs contrary to that.

Should everyone's fantasies be indulged like this? What if people decide that they're a being a light that came from a different dimension, should they be indulged for that? 

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Should everyone's fantasies be indulged like this?

Comeon it wasnt changed to "good morning gays, straights, men , women, trans, fluid, beings" whats the big deal?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Claire. said:

Only when they're deliberately undermined and turned into something they're not and were never intended to be.

Like equal rights for gay people you mean? This is actually an example of just that; no one except raving bigots could argue against that, but then this whole "gender identity" business was picked up on and made so utterly ridiculous by the Californian Social Justice community that to a lot of them, if you are a man who happens to like other men you're just as bad an unreconstructed dinosaur as, worst horror of all, someone who claims to be Heterosexual!  I think they've done a great deal of harm to the idea of equal treatment regardless of sexuality by making it look ridiculous in many people's eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Comeon it wasnt changed to "good morning gays, straights, men , women, trans, fluid, beings" whats the big deal?

Because this was discussed by the body responsible for Transport in London and was even discussed by the Mayor! Who of course doesn't have anything else to do with his time. it's a complete waste of everyone's time.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Because this was discussed by the body responsible for Transport in London and was even discussed by the Mayor! Who of course doesn't have anything else to do with his time. it's a complete waste of everyone's time.  

So you wont support any political efforts to have it changed back then? 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

So you wont support any political efforts to have it changed back then? 

What, you mean they should now have another meeting, attended once again by the Mayor, to decide whether to go back to saying "laydeeze n' gennlemen"? Yes, really efficient use of everyone's time. 

• Like 2

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

What, you mean they should now have another meeting, attended once again by the Mayor, to decide whether to go back to saying "laydeeze n' gennlemen"? Yes, really efficient use of everyone's time. 

Haha just checking amigo. 

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

I often think that the whole business of Pride marches and all the fanfaronading that goes with them, and most of all the insistence that you must pigeonhole yourself in one of the stereotype categories; you must either be Butch, i.e. the whole leather/Village People vibe, or you must be Flamboyantly Camp and wear nothing but tiny leather briefs, (or pretty much the same categories, Butch/Femme, for WSW*) is so untypical of the vast majority of gay people of either** sex, and the same goes for the whole concept of the LGBTQIA etc etc Community, which exists purely to reinforce difference and separation. 

* Women who have Sex with Women, I'm pretty sure lesbian is no longer on the list of Approved Words 

** yes I said either! :( 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claire. said:

Being inclusive is not singling anyone out. Quite the opposite, in fact.

But the point is that it does, as I said above, all these endless lists of categories do the exact opposite of being inclusive and making everyone feel welcome, they make people feel that they have to fit into one of these definitions and if you don't you don't belong in the Community. And so much of this has nothing at all to do with simply preferring sexual relations with the same sex; the whole concept of transvesticism, for instance, is a completely different thing altogether from homosexuality. 

• Like 1

This is all about social engineering - and although this getting rid of the Ladies and Gentlemen announcement
seems like a small petty thing on the face of it - it is part of a wider plan to manipulate and change the roots of society - IMO -

I was listening to BBC Hereford and Worcester in the car when this Ladies and Gentleman thing was being discussed
and they had someone on who was a man but liked to wear a skirt if he felt like it and he considered himself to be
'gender fluid' ---- yes the sexual social engineering will have to be nation-wide not just London..

I expect in the Brave New World that lies ahead in the future we will all be expected to be 'gender fluid' -

Don't know how Big Sibling* will deal with the hormones  though...?...... people will probably have to take compulsory
medication or something will be put in the water :unsure:**

* brothers and sisters will no longer exist in the Gender Fluid Future 

** perhaps they do it already :ph34r:

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bee said:

This is all about social engineering - and although this getting rid of the Ladies and Gentlemen announcement
seems like a small petty thing on the face of it - it is part of a wider plan to manipulate and change the roots of society - IMO -

I was listening to BBC Hereford and Worcester in the car when this Ladies and Gentleman thing was being discussed
and they had someone on who was a man but liked to wear a skirt if he felt like it and he considered himself to be
'gender fluid' ---- yes the sexual social engineering will have to be nation-wide not just London..

I expect in the Brave New World that lies ahead in the future we will all be expected to be 'gender fluid' -

Don't know how Big Sibling* will deal with the hormones  though...?...... people will probably have to take compulsory
medication or something will put something in the water :unsure:**

This isnt a new concept which has been made up by globalist elites in some grand social engineering scheme. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit  5 GENDERS: THE STORY OF THE NATIVE AMERICAN TWO-SPIRITS

Historical and anthropological accounts[edit]

Don Pedro Fages was third in command of the 1769–70 Spanish Portolà expedition, the first European land exploration of what is now the U.S. state of California. At least three diaries were kept during the expedition, but Fages wrote his account later, in 1775. Fages gave more descriptive details about the native Californians than any of the others, and he alone reported the presence of homosexuality in the native culture. The English translation reads:

I have submitted substantial evidence that those Indian men who, both here and farther inland, are observed in the dress, clothing and character of women - there being two or three such in each village - pass as sodomites by profession.... They are called joyas, and are held in great esteem.[38]

According to Lang, in most tribes a relationship between a two spirit and non-two-spirit has historically been seen for the most part as neither heterosexual nor homosexual (in modern-day terms) but more hetero-normative; early European colonists, however, saw such relationships as homosexual. Partners of two spirit have not historically viewed themselves as homosexual, and moreover drew a sharp conceptual line between themselves and two-spirits.[39]

Edited by Farmer77

11 minutes ago, bee said:

medication or something will be put in the water :unsure:**

Ever been somewhere where the announcer says...."Customers". ?

It's not social engineering. It's a story that has been written for ratings based on the paranoia that has been created over a non-exsistent leftist agenda.

No one cared when stores used the term customer. No one notices when there is only one bathroom and eveeybody uses it. No one cared until we where told we where being, "opressed" in some way.

There is a conspiracy here but it's the conspiracy of ratings wars in a high media demand society nothing else.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Ever been somewhere where the announcer says...."Customers". ?

It's not socisl engineering. It's a stiry that has been written for ratings based on the paranoia that has been created over a non-exsistent leftist agenda.

No one cared when stores used the term customer. No one notices when there is only one bathroom and eveeybody uses it. No one cared until we where told we where being, "opressed" in some way.

There is a conspiracy here but it's the conspiracy of ratings wars in a high media demand society nothing else.

there is resistance to the concept of '''social engineering'''..... and being the target of it -

It's as old as the hills (as pointed out by Farmer) but the modern version with huge populations to deal with
is naturally going to have it's own '''flavour'''

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bee said:

there is resistance to the concept of '''social engineering'''..... and being the target of it -

It's as old as the hills (as pointed out by Farmer) but the modern version with huge populations to deal with
is naturally going to have it's own '''flavour'''

I certainly believe there is a social "hive mind",  based on trends, media influence, political structures, religion. The trick is to know your own thoughts, be strong in your convictions of right and wrong, know when an issue is an issue like racism in the 50's (segregataion and all that) and when it's a non issue like this one. The trick is to stand tall in your individual convictions, my convictions are live and let live, to each his own. Education as the highest priority in any society.Think-don't be force fed.

The media are force feeding here, but it's a non-issue at worst, and an equality issue at best. One which actually does not effect 98%of the poulation. 

Honestly if this story where never published and they just quietly changed the announcment, how many people would notice?

And that would make a poor point for argument as I pointed out earlier stores use the generalised term of "Customer" and where doing in the 50's. It didn't socially engineer people then and it won't now.

However I do worry that the conspiracy nonsence that permeates the internet will cause a dreadfull shift in thinking. And it will get worse with net neutrality. With people having there internet viewing selected based on their recent searches and proffered utopian options. It's bad enough now. 

It's getting harder and harder to find people who live in the real, boring, mundane world.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kismit said:

The trick is to know your own thoughts, be strong in your convictions of right and wrong,

Education as the highest priority in any society.Think-don't be force fed.

I totally agree with the two points above that I have picked out of your post -- 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kismit said:

t's getting harder and harder to find people who live in the real, boring, mundane world.

And all this stuff about people having 236 different gender identities and being able to choose you own gender and stuff is living in the real, boring, mundane world? I think in the real, boring, mundane world people usually believe there is, and usually seem to be satisfied with, two. 

3 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Should everyone's fantasies be indulged like this? What if people decide that they're a being a light that came from a different dimension, should they be indulged for that? 

Are you suggesting that fantasies are being indulged to begin with?

And why did people make such a fuss about The Blessed Hillary being, or not, the world's first female President? That's a bit outdated isn't it, but it was the same people that were getting so inordinately excited about the prospect.

And look what did happen! they got the world's first genderfluid President! :lol: 

:unsure2: 

Just now, Claire. said:

Are you suggesting that fantasies are being indulged to begin with?

yes, to be honest. All this 156 different gender identities stuff.

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

But the point is that it does, as I said above, all these endless lists of categories do the exact opposite of being inclusive and making everyone feel welcome, they make people feel that they have to fit into one of these definitions and if you don't you don't belong in the Community. And so much of this has nothing at all to do with simply preferring sexual relations with the same sex; the whole concept of transvesticism, for instance, is a completely different thing altogether from homosexuality. 

No one has to fit into anything they don't want to. My only concern with the categories is that they may leave people open to discrimination.