Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Creation and the Flood

Riaan

9 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Can somone tell me from what criteria the bible decided if something is clean or unclean ?

Deodorant.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

I've been to several creationist talks and one was sure that the Earth had not changed much since the flood. A calculation showed that 18 Atlantic oceans would be needed to flood the whole Earth and cover all of the mountains.

How on earth did you end up at creationist talks? 

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

I've been to several creationist talks and one was sure that the Earth had not changed much since the flood. A calculation showed that 18 Atlantic oceans would be needed to flood the whole Earth and cover all of the mountains.

Bear in mind that - at the time the flood was supposed to have happened - the "entire world" consisted of modern-day Israel, Jordan, and bits of Syria and Turkey ? It was a small world !

The Ark was launched somewhere in Mesopotania (kind of Iraq/Syria), and probably only travelled a couple of hundred miles over a period of .. what.. 6 months ? (despite strong winds). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Riaan said:

It is not to say that the entire atmosphere was that hot - if the "sky had fallen", there would have been extremely hot patches where scattered pieces of the meteorite/asteroid would have fallen.

Pulling this out. 

Fallen meteors and such actually tend to be very cold, the short trip through the atmosphere is no where near enough to warm them up completely before impact. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I wanted to go and see what they were all about. I found out right away that I was the only one in the audience without a bible, Pretty soon I learned that being truthful was not a part of the game. I figured that if I did not know a subject well enough to point out flaws in their thinking that I should learn  more. I was able to spot many blatant and I believe purposeful lies. For example, a speaker told the audience that evolution was being used to promote sinful lifestyles and that Darwin's bulldog did just that. He called Aldous Huxley the bulldog. I stood up and told the speaker that he had the wrong Huxley and that the bulldog was Thomas Huxley. The speaker paused, looked at me, then continued his rant about evolution and sick lifestyles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Bear in mind that - at the time the flood was supposed to have happened - the "entire world" consisted of modern-day Israel, Jordan, and bits of Syria and Turkey ? It was a small world !

The Ark was launched somewhere in Mesopotania (kind of Iraq/Syria), and probably only travelled a couple of hundred miles over a period of .. what.. 6 months ? (despite strong winds). 

Creationist lecturers do not confine themselves to a reasonable or learned position.Their task is to preach to the choir.

15 hours ago, stereologist said:

I wanted to go and see what they were all about. I found out right away that I was the only one in the audience without a bible, Pretty soon I learned that being truthful was not a part of the game. I figured that if I did not know a subject well enough to point out flaws in their thinking that I should learn  more. I was able to spot many blatant and I believe purposeful lies. For example, a speaker told the audience that evolution was being used to promote sinful lifestyles and that Darwin's bulldog did just that. He called Aldous Huxley the bulldog. I stood up and told the speaker that he had the wrong Huxley and that the bulldog was Thomas Huxley. The speaker paused, looked at me, then continued his rant about evolution and sick lifestyles.

That sounds like a painful experience. Creationists tend to be somewhat on the delusional spectrum as it is, but you get them all together to wave their pom-poms and it's gonna be uncomfortable for anyone there who actually understands science.

I wonder how conflicting it is to be a gay creationist?

22 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Misread. Thought it said "Recreation."

Harte

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

That sounds like one of those timeshare cults. I mean presentations.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

Well, there may have been some of that too. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 4

On 7/16/2017 at 0:29 AM, kmt_sesh said:

Deodorant.

Aluminum(or aluminium) free deodorant?

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

Synchronized Bible thumping could become a new sport.

You know the founder of Homeopathy advocated Bibles for the activation of the water memory? Apparently between the holiness and the weight of the book, it was perfect for the method. 

A king Bible thumping a necessary part of the process. 

It was a stretch to get there and it didn't really pay off. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Aluminum(or aluminium) free deodorant?

Don't let ShadowSod see you spell aluminum like that. He gets very angry. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Don't let ShadowSod see you spell aluminum like that. He gets very angry. :rolleyes:

Maybe I was asking if it were free of both substances (or any alloy comprising both).:D

• Like 1

Just now, Jarocal said:

Maybe I was asking if it were free of both substances (or any alloy comprising both).:D

Its because ShadowSot works with aluminum for a living, while I work with aluminium for a living. Big difference. :P

I suppose we actually might be competitors of a sort. ShadowSot what do you company make ?

Mine work as a subcontrator making precision aluminium products, mainly on CNC machines or robots. We have a lot of Mazak and a few Brother machines. 

24 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

3939155-hulk.jpg

2 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

3939155-hulk.jpg

Shouldn't that picture be in the Rogue's Gallery?

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Its because ShadowSot works with aluminum for a living, while I work with aluminium for a living. Big difference. :P

I suppose we actually might be competitors of a sort. ShadowSot what do you company make ?

Mine work as a subcontrator making precision aluminium products, mainly on CNC machines or robots. We have a lot of Mazak and a few Brother machines. 

We only have Haas units here. Been wanting to try other machines. Boss is looking at some small Tanuki mills. 

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Shouldn't that picture be in the Rogue's Gallery?

Unfortunately, that was many burgers and beers ago. 

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I worked in the aluminium extrusioninium industry for decades iniums.

Harte

• Like 3

From what I understand "aluminum" is the standard spelling if you're from North America, and "aluminium" is standard in places outside North America. My computer even wants to spell-check the latter. So "aluminum" is correct if you're Americanium.

On 7/16/2017 at 7:39 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I wonder how conflicting it is to be a gay creationist?

Not at all. There aren't any. A question about that is on our application form and if you tick the "yes" box, the application is binned. I'm trying to get the same thing done for gay Trump supporters since they lower the tone of the whole association.

--Jaylemurph