Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alternative History - Orion's Belt fallacy

Frank_Hoenedge

Ooooh ...  Another 'history re-write '   folks ! :)

Sydney Morning Herald  -  JULY 20 2017 - 8:55AM

Aboriginal archaeological discovery in Kakadu rewrites the history of Australia

(Extract)

Jabiru, Northern Territory: Aboriginal people have lived in Australia for a minimum of 65,000 years, a team of archaeologists has established - 18,000 years longer than had been proved previously and at least 5000 years longer than had been speculated by the most optimistic researchers.

The findings, which are already causing intense interest in archaeological circles across the world, have been peer reviewed by internationally recognised scientists and are published this week in the world's most prestigious science journal, Nature.

One major significance of the discovery is that archaeologists will have to recalibrate previous assumptions about the journey out of Africa by modern humans. Most academics believe the trek began between 80,000 and 100,000 years ago, but until now there was no solid evidence that humans had reached south-east Asia - let alone Australia - for anything beyond 50,000 years.

The discovery also confirms that Australian Aborigines undertook the first major maritime migration in the world - they had to sail a minimum of 90 kilometres across open sea to reach their destination whatever route they took in their long journey out of Africa.

the Mirrar people of Kakadu agreed the remains could be removed for study, and placed back in the ground when the work was completed.

The Mirrar people, supported by thousands of protestors, successfully forced Energy Resources of Australia to cease its mining project at Jabiluka in 1999 and to return the mine - which is within two kilometres of the dig site - to the natural landscape.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/aboriginal-archaeological-discovery-in-kakadu-rewrites-the-history-of-australia-20170719-gxe3qy.html

• Like 3

17 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Does Orion's Belt have good restaurants? I'm always on the lookout for new eats, although transportation to there might be an issue.

As long as you have your infinite improbability drive you should be OK.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

LOL "Phringepocalypse," Keep that one in store. I like it. If clad and OvK are two of the horsemen, who are the other two? There are many choices. So many.

Didn't one have something to do with winged reptiles?

13 hours ago, Harte said:

Dead, ain't he?

Harte

Some would say that is the ultimate escape.

• Like 2

Not some who would want to escape it.

Harte

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

LOL "Phringepocalypse," Keep that one in store. I like it. If clad and OvK are two of the horsemen, who are the other two? There are many choices. So many.

Do not forget the book of revelations also tells of "seven seals" that are opened during the (Cabal's) tribulation. While disastrous in their own right they pale in comparison to the pestilence and destruction brought in humanity by the four horsemen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quaentum said:

Didn't one have something to do with winged reptiles?

That was DC... I'd spell out his actual screen name, but I don't know enough apotropaic magic to expel him should he return.

...but yeah, his schtick was that actual dragons were literally real, and if you questioned that premise, you were in on an age-old conspiracy to destroy the dragons.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Do not forget the book of revelations also tells of "seven seals" that are opened during the (Cabal's) tribulation. While disastrous in their own right they pale in comparison to the pestilence and destruction brought in humanity by the four horsemen.

So...clad, OvK, zoser (supplied by Harte). Who's the fourth of the Phringepocalypse? It has to be a serious player. I don't think DC quite cuts it.

I don't fear the Phringepocalypse. Our wise, benevolent, and cuddly Feline Overlords will protect me.

4 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Scott Creighton? 

I don't think he's the right fit. I disagree with his conclusions but he's nowhere near as steeped in nonsensical woo as the current three horsemen. But keep up with the suggestions.

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

I don't fear the Phringepocalypse. Our wise, benevolent, and cuddly Feline Overlords will protect me.

...which is precisely what they want you to think!

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

I don't think he's the right fit. I disagree with his conclusions but he's nowhere near as steeped in nonsensical woo as the current three horsemen. But keep up with the suggestions.

Riaan? 

9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Perhaps Eddy_P has enough Woo Woo to make the list.

• Like 4

Well there was that pyramid religion culture but we didn'the get too far into his theory before he quit.

jmccr8

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Well there was that pyramid religion culture but we didn'the get too far into his theory before he quit.

jmccr8

I kind of remember that, as well as the headache it caused. Fortunately, many of the vexing details have fled my memory. Had that poster stuck around he'd be ing the running. But I can't even remember his name, so I guess he doesn't stand out like the other nightmares fringe posters.

8 hours ago, Quaentum said:

Perhaps Eddy_P has enough Woo Woo to make the list.

Ooh, forgot about him. Afraid he's died, haven't seen him around. 

17 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Ooh, forgot about him. Afraid he's died, haven't seen him around. 

His website is still up but I don't see any new content since around 2015. There's Facebook and Twitter, too. Eddy_P was covering all the bases.

He was too infrequent and one-hit to be part of the Phringepocalypse, methinks.

28 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

His website is still up but I don't see any new content since around 2015. There's Facebook and Twitter, too. Eddy_P was covering all the bases.

He was too infrequent and one-hit to be part of the Phringepocalypse, methinks.

It's hard to pick out one unique to this forum. Who is the one that bangs on about the Bosnian pyramids, or had he been already mentioned? 

20 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Who is the one that bangs on about the Bosnian pyramids, or had he been already mentioned? 

Oh, my, yes. I've been considering him. But how bias would that be of me? We really don't get along. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's a young and naive fellow who's been completely hoodwinked by the Bosnian "pyramid" hoaxers. I'm tempted, but would it be too mean?

20 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Anyone extremely bored with nothing better to do than completely waste their times so inclined could simply peruse my past posts in a search where I mention Kmt's favorite von Koch poster as there may have been other names mentioned when hoping to magically summon his triumphant return. I'm fairly certain that post was from at work and started out with "here hold my beer" before I started typing.:rofl:

27 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

There are always choices. Extreme fringies. Mario D, perhaps?

Well that may explain a Mafdet Sphynx galloping through the far northern kingdom of GreenLantis(though it was originally direct outside the pillars of Heracles).

Oh, my, yes. I've been considering him. But how bias would that be of me? We really don't get along. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's a young and naive fellow who's been completely hoodwinked by the Bosnian "pyramid" hoaxers. I'm tempted, but would it be too mean?

Way I see it the mark of fringe us to be corrected repeatedly and not changing your stance. 

He certainly fits the bill. 

10 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Way I see it the mark of fringe us to be corrected repeatedly and not changing your stance. 

He certainly fits the bill. 

Is the mark(number) of fringe 813 (81'3")? Just wondering cuz I am thinking about getting a new tat.

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking rules
  • Like 1