Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen held after 5 acid attacks in 90 minutes

Still Waters

A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and robbery after a pair on a moped carried out five acid attacks in London.

Metropolitan Police said they were treating the attacks within 90 minutes on Thursday night as linked.

The assaults involved the pair attacking other moped riders and allegedly stealing two bikes.

http://news.sky.com/story/police-investigate-four-linked-acid-attacks-in-east-london-10947918

• Like 1

The attacks come days after a man appeared in court charged with throwing acid at a 21-year-old woman and her cousin.

There was another acid attack in east London on Easter Monday, leaving two people at a nightclub partially blinded and others injured.

She told LBC radio: "I don't want people to think this is happening all over London all the time, it is really not, but we are concerned because the numbers appear to be going up."

It's not like you have to worry about random kids riding up on bicycles and throwing acid in your face for a laugh. It's not like that at all!

Time to ban assault acid.

Labour MP Stephen Timms, who will lead a debate on the issue on Monday, has called for tougher sentences and suggested that carrying sulphuric acid without a good reason should be treated as seriously as carrying a knife.

• Like 4

such a nasty horrible crime. they should get life, same as their victims are scarred for life

• Like 5

Ministers will propose new laws on buying acid after London is hit by wave of attacks using corrosive liquids

Scotland Yard chief Cressida Dick says police are concerned about acid attacks
    The commissioner says numbers are going up but they are trying to stop surge
    Comes as ministers propose tough laws on buying acid after recent crime wave
    On Thursday night there were five attacks across London in a 72-minute spree
    One man was left with life-changing injuries while four others were injured

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4698814/Ministers-propose-new-laws-buying-acid.html#ixzz4mwUvqIWy

• Like 2

Cultural enrichment through Diversity, one ruined life at a time.

Told ya' so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Cultural enrichment through Diversity, one ruined life at a time.

Told ya' so.

HAHA just visit Cave Junction for an example of how well homogeneous culture works :lol:. .......maybe balance is the key? 

honestly, this is a pure form of terrorism that should incur the same wrath of the law as that of religious based terrorism. I'm assuming it's not religious based...

• Like 3

I guess these teenagers are from poorer backgrounds and or are from street gangs. I know these gangs have been a bit more bold of robbing people people in West end

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, Dark_Grey said:

54 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

honestly, this is a pure form of terrorism that should incur the same wrath of the law as that of religious based terrorism. I'm assuming it's not religious based...

I am sure this has nothing to do with terrorism, I think these low life have just discovered a cheap, easily obtainable weapon.

If pepper spray was easy to get hold of, they would use it instead of acid.

I also believe there is no ulterior motive as there is in the acid attacks against family members or would-be lovers in certain communities- they just want to quickly disable the victim and make off with the loot. Probably do not give any thought to the long term effects on the victim.

As in the London riots, give them lengthy custodial sentences, as an example, then others will think twice.

Edited by eugeneonegin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eugeneonegin said:

I am sure this has nothing to do with terrorism, I think these low life have just discovered a cheap, easily obtainable weapon.

If pepper spray was easy to get hold of, they would use it instead of acid.

I also believe there is no ulterior motive as there is in the acid attacks against family members or would-be lovers in certain communities- they just want to quickly disable the victim and make off with the loot. Probably do not give any thought to the long term effects on the victim.

As in the London riots, give them lengthy custodial sentences, as an example, then others will think twice.

the definition of terrorism for me at least, would be to create fear in someones daily life. I don't care if its for religious reasons, cultural or financial the result is the same. why do we need to play scrabble with these degenerates? If its to maim an ex lover, chits and giggles or for money its the same. The injuries are long term and so should the sentence be.   

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

the definition of terrorism for me at least, would be to create fear in someones daily life. I don't care if its for religious reasons, cultural or financial the result is the same. why do we need to play scrabble with these degenerates? If its to maim an ex lover, chits and giggles or for money its the same. The injuries are long term and so should the sentence be.   

I don't think they want to instil fear, I think they just want to steal things. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

Katie Piper, a young Brit  TV presenter, was attacked with acid by...a jealous ex boyfriend.... no terrorism whatsoever

read her story:   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1351435/Acid-attack-victim-Katie-Piper-attacked-going-boy-met-Facebook.html

they seem to be quite common in India  too

Why acid attacks are on the rise in India

Despite stricter laws and punishments, the number of acid attacks in India continues to increase. DW examines the reasons behind it and the measures needed to prevent acid violence in the South Asian nation.
http://www.dw.com/en/why-acid-attacks-are-on-the-rise-in-india/a-19313750

Acid attacker reveals how gangs target rivals' girlfriends because they care more about their looks and dip knives in chemicals so wounds don't heal

A new documentary investigates the sharp rise in attacks using corrosive liquids
    Girls will be targeted 'nine times out of ten', a self-confessed attacker reveals
    However, he felt his victims 'deserved it' despite the risk of life-changing injuries
    It also shares the story of a man who was attacked unprovoked at a cinema

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703966/Acid-attacker-Gangs-target-girls-nine-times-ten.html#ixzz4n7FUKCwK

Warning- Graphic, as the vid says.

IMHO, the people that do this need to be given LONG sentences, and the letter  A A should be tattooed on their faces. A permanent mark to warn people about these psychos. 

Didn't see this crap coming, oh wait I did.  Oh but don't worry it can only get better right :blink: