Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will keep Iran nuclear deal

The Caspian Hare

President Trump plans to certify that Iran is in compliance with the nuclear deal brokered by former President Obama, the Weekly Standard reported Thursday. 

The administration faces a Monday deadline, imposed by Congress, to affirm that Tehran is abiding by restrictions on its nuclear program, for which it receives sanctions relief.

Trump promised during the 2016 campaign that he would “tear up” the Obama-era agreement, which he and other Republicans say did not go far enough in dismantling Iran's nuclear program.

But the decision about whether to scrap the deal has reportedly sparked fierce internal divisions, with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson arguing the U.S. should keep the seven-nation accord. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341841-trump-to-certify-iran-complying-with-nuclear-deal-report

• Like 2

I suspect that he's being advised not to risk conflict with Iran AND Kim J Fatboy at the same time.  I'm sure that's just a coincidence... The funny part is that when the Ayatollahs finally get their wish and attack Israel, they get their asses handed to them in a BIG way.  As in, 86% casualty rate.  Beware the book of fairy tales.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

I suspect that he's being advised not to risk conflict with Iran AND Kim J Fatboy at the same time.  I'm sure that's just a coincidence... The funny part is that when the Ayatollahs finally get their wish and attack Israel, they get their asses handed to them in a BIG way.  As in, 86% casualty rate.  Beware the book of fairy tales.  

i'd say he's being advised to stop with the twitter nonsense and start being smart. To be fair to Trump, Obama had much better intel and a broader view of world events when formulating policy for Iran and North Korea than what Trump did when he was running for office. It was very easy to criticise the previous POTUS but much harder to to come up with a better policy. Hence we have Trump continuing Obama's strategy. 

I have a view that all this anti Israel rhetoric coming from Iran is mostly to show up Saudi Arabia and the perceived notion in the islamic world that the Saudis are just American lackey's. Iran must know that travelling across the Middle East to fight or attack the Jewish state is suicidal. They can't possibly be that dumb. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i'd say he's being advised to stop with the twitter nonsense and start being smart. To be fair to Trump, Obama had much better intel and a broader view of world events when formulating policy for Iran and North Korea than what Trump did when he was running for office. It was very easy to criticise the previous POTUS but much harder to to come up with a better policy. Hence we have Trump continuing Obama's strategy. 

I have a view that all this anti Israel rhetoric coming from Iran is mostly to show up Saudi Arabia and the perceived notion in the islamic world that the Saudis are just American lackey's. Iran must know that travelling across the Middle East to fight or attack the Jewish state is suicidal. They can't possibly be that dumb. 

Their plan is to surround Israel with proxies.  Hizballah in Lebanon, Gaza based Fatah and Hamas, and actual IRGC in Syria.  I don't think the Iranians are dumb at all.  I think their religious leaders, frankly, are insane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Their plan is to surround Israel with proxies.  Hizballah in Lebanon, Gaza based Fatah and Hamas, and actual IRGC in Syria.  I don't think the Iranians are dumb at all.  I think their religious leaders, frankly, are insane.

you are correct in saying that Iran is surrounding Israel with proxies but as evidenced in the Syria war they have a view to a shia gateway to the Mediterranean and union. From a strategic point of view the Iranians are taking the fight to Israel and Saudi Arabia (as shown in Yemen) instead of allowing the unofficial Israel-Saudi axis breathing space to to the same to Iran. There is method to their madness. 

Shocker :rolleyes: