Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kid Rock for Senate

F3SS

First, The Rock. Now, Kid Rock.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. I've always been a fan though I didn't follow him into his country music endeavors. I've always found him to be about as real as it gets. He's always been a patriot and speaks his mind without stutter. One hell of a performer too. So we will see...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/kid-rock-releases-new-statement-on-senate-run-on-social-media

Once again the press is wrong. First of all, I’ve got 15 days from my announcement to file paperwork with the FEC! Second, I’m not signed to Warner Bros!!! - which simple fact-checking would have revealed. I have recently worked out a unique deal with BMG, Broken Bow, CAA and Live Nation to release music ON MY TERMS. Like politicians write books during their campaigns, I'm planning on putting out music during mine and IT ALL STARTS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. It's not a hoax, it's a strategy and marketing 101! No plans for an album or anything else that has been the usual norm in the music business OR politics…..and…..
Senator Stabenow and I do share a love of music, although probably not the same kind. I concede she is better at playing politics than I am so I'll keep doing what I do best, which is being a voice for tax paying, hardworking AMERICANS and letting politicians like her know that We the People are sick and tired of their bullsht !
“I am the captain now.”

Also... 

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07/16/liz-warren-sends-panicked-email-over-kid-rock-senate-bid-we-all-thought-donald-trump-was-joking/

Ritchie is a native of Romeo, Michigan, a town just north of Detroit. He’s well liked in his home state and is known for putting his money where his mouth is, that is investing in the state that he calls home. Those factors, along with his celebrity status, likely make him a formidable Republican challenger in next year’s midterm elections.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 3

If he could place two coherent sentences together in an orderly fashion, he should run for president.

Wait...

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

Why can't you Americans elect normal people?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Politicians..."normal people".... :huh:

Ain't none of them "normal people" ANYWHERE!

Every country has a bunch of lieing,theiving,hypocrits in their own swamps ;)

Bet we could turn over a lotta stones on Aussie,UK,Canadian,ect. leaders if we could get you guys as interested in your own politicians as you are in ours :lol:

• Like 6

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Politicians..."normal people".... :huh:

Ain't none of them "normal people" ANYWHERE!

Every country has a bunch of lieing,theiving,hypocrits in their own swamps ;)

Bet we could turn over a lotta stones on Aussie,UK,Canadian,ect. leaders if we could get you guys as interested in your own politicians as you are in ours :lol:

Good goin' partner. :P

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Good goin' partner. :P

:lol:

It's just kinda funny and kinda true...

I read several different news sites from around the world and read about scumbag politicians and read comments from citizens from said countries and...nothing much about it ever appears on UM?!

Guess we only get the citizens who adore their swamps :blink:

• Like 1

Now that's gonna give a line of First Ladies well worth the headlines ...

~

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I'm really just having a nightmare, right? We aren't really living in the movie Idiocracy, right?

10 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm really just having a nightmare, right? We aren't really living in the movie Idiocracy, right?

Nope - but we are living in a simulation. The Rock as President, Kid Rock in the Senate...Kanye West will be secretary of State. Each state will be governed by a different celebrity

• Like 1

What the worst that can happen right? Politicians aren't doing anything special. All we do is complain about them and few actually give a damn about their constituents so give someone else a shot. 

It would be an interesting campaign. The woman he's running against is going to come out attacking his drinking, drugs and womanizing to which he'll just say so what. There's nothing that he hasn't sang about or talked openly about. He clearly doesn't give a damn and people will dig it. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

You must be...

So this guy says he's thinking of running for senate (a patriotic entertainer) and it's a nightmare scenario...

Meanwhile our congress full of "normal people" have a approval rating that make Pres Trumps look like historic highs in comparison :lol:

Show of hands...who here considers the likes of Harry Reid,Lindsey Graham,Nancy Pelosi,and John McCain...normal people? :huh:

Yes we are living in Idiocracy and we can blame both sides :wacko:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

You must be...

So this guy says he's thinking of running for senate (a patriotic entertainer) and it's a nightmare scenario...

Meanwhile our congress full of "normal people" have a approval rating that make Pres Trumps look like historic highs in comparison :lol:

Show of hands...who here considers the likes of Harry Reid,Lindsey Graham,Nancy Pelosi,and John McCain...normal people? :huh:

Yes we are living in Idiocracy and we can blame both sides :wacko:

As someone said in another thread "Facts don't matter to THOSE people." (Meaning American Patriots"

• Like 1

Hollywood A List on one side and WWE stalwarts on the other side of the partisan barrier ... let's get ready to Rumble ...

~

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Nightmare for some and utopia for others. :)

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

and utopia for others. :)

yeah, meth users :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As generic polls have him 4 points ahead of the incumbent, Kid releases a statement.

When my name was thrown out there for US Senate I decided to launch kidrockforsenate.com. I was beyond overwhelmed with the response I received from community leaders, D.C. pundits, and blue-collar folks that are just simply tired of the extreme left and right bull****. As part of the excitement surrounding this possible campaign, I decided to take a hard look to see if there was real support for me as a candidate and my message or if it was just because it was a fresh new news story. The one thing I've seen over and over is that although people are unhappy with the government, too few are even registered to vote or do anything about it. We have over a year left until an actual election, so my first order of business is to get people engaged and registered to vote while continuing to put out my ideas on ways to help working class people in Michigan and America all while still calling out these jackass lawyers who call themselves politicians.

During this time while exploring my candidacy for US Senate, I am creating a 501(c)(4) - a non-profit organization for the promotion of voter registration. Not only can I raise money for this critical cause, but I can help get people registered to vote at my shows. Since the announcement, the media has speculated this was a ploy to sell shirts or promote something. I can tell you, I have no problem selling Kid Rock shirts and yes, I absolutely will use this media circus to sell/promote whatever I damn well please (many other politicians are doing the same thing, they just feed you a bunch of bulls**t about it). But either way, money raised at this time through the sale of merchandise associated with this very possible campaign will go towards our 'register to vote' efforts.

One thing is for sure though…The democrats are 'shattin’ in their pantaloons' right now…and rightfully so!

We will be scheduling a press conference in the next 6 weeks or so to address this issue amongst others, and if I decide to throw my hat in the ring for US Senate, believe me… it’s game on mthrfkers. -- Kid Rock

https://kidrock.com/blog/announcement/448202/when-my-name-was-thrown-out-there-for-us-senate

Jesus democrats. You guys are really pathetic against anyone with an ounce of charisma and a simple message that actually sounds like giving a damn.

• Like 2

I actually really like kid rock. If you follow his career he has always been fairly active in change and communities in Michigan his home state 

• Like 1

Fun fact. He also chosen to still live in a  trailer of sorts despite having a ton of money..

https://www.rockfeed.net/2017/07/19/kid-rock-lives-double-wide-trailer-despite-estimated-net-worth-80-million/

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Fun fact. He also chosen to still live in a double wide trailer despite having a ton of money.

He still lives in his home state of Michigan too unlike a lot of celebs.

https://www.rockfeed.net/2017/07/19/kid-rock-lives-double-wide-trailer-despite-estimated-net-worth-80-million/

I haven't had time to finish this yet but watched about 15 minutes last week.  I hear it's a good interview throughout.

• Like 1

why not I use to live like this guy

• Like 1

Well.... I may have to withdraw my groans when I first heard about this. 

Maybe Washington could use a man like him... but try convincing THEM of that. He'd be like a Cowboy showing up at the Court of Louis the 16th... can you imagine all the sniffs and upward-tilted noses?

"Kid" ... did he say he is a Grandfather now? He seems grounded and in touch with the common man, but the Senate? I guess you would have to be in Congress for about 40 years to have any real seniority these days, but Kid sure did set his sights high.

We shall see what we shall see...

Poor ol' Dan Rather... another guy that didn't know when to retire. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...