Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I saw a ball of light after a nightmare

thetruthsearcher

Hello!! My names is Dan; Last month (june/2017) I was having a lot of similar nightmares. I was dreaming peacefully and then something stoled the scene and scared me a lot, trying to kill me. Like, in some dreams I was chocking with something invisible, and in the other it appeared as my grandmother, but it was no good. In the last one I wasn't waking up and then I heard a feminine beautiful voice calling me to wake up. When I opened my eyes I sat and started thinking about the dream.

Then I noticed that my room was a little bit clear, and then I looked at the book shelf and I saw a strong light. Instantly I covered myself and stayed starring at the light, cleaning my eyes, I didn't want to believe in that. It was the size of a small ball (tennis ball, I think).

But then it started to move and get closer to me. I was watching through the cover and couldn't move myself because of the fear. I think I passed about 30 min looking at this think next to me, but then I got more calm and started to sleep again. When I woke up in the morning it wasn't there anymore.

I have no clues about what was happening in my head and what was this light in my bedroom. I used to consider myself an "atheist", I'm not that kind of spiritual guy. But now everything looks different. It changed my life.

I haven't see it since then, and I don't know if I'm going to see it one more time. My questions are: 1 Was my nightmare attacked by some external source? 2 Was the nightmare just my mind? 3 Was the light causing this nightmare and bad feelings? 4 Was the light trying to save me? (because I heard someone calling me inside my head) 5 What the **** is that light? Is it something good or bad?

I don't know if it's a kind of "spirit" or something native to earth, maybe another "dimension" or something like this. Could anyone help me to solve this mistery?

Edit:

The light was green/white (kind of fluorescent) and it was about the size of a tennis ball. I felt like it was irradiating some kind of vibration.

Edited by thetruthsearcher

Did it crackle or sound electrical?

It was kind of electrical, but I don't remember any sound. I just think I felt some kind of vibration.

Edited by thetruthsearcher

There is a possibility you experienced what is often called a night terror, an extremely vivid and nightmarish dream, and possibly confusional arousal, whereby you awaken confused but would return to a sleep state. Knowing more of your history would provide more insight, but there is some research suggesting association of night terrors with a family history of night terrors, and other conditions, such as PTSD. Night terrors can occur in clusters and can be more prevalent at certain ages. Do some research an parasomnias and you will likely find similar experiences to yours. The good news is that these are rare and may never occur again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thetruthsearcher said:

My questions are: 1 Was my nightmare attacked by some external source? 2 Was the nightmare just my mind? 3 Was the light causing this nightmare and bad feelings? 4 Was the light trying to save me? (because I heard someone calling me inside my head) 5 What the **** is that light? Is it something good or bad?

Frustratingly the answer I would give to all five questions is 'possibly'.

Now what you described sounds like an orb which are common in paranormal cases. Some experts say that it is the easiest form for a non-physical energy to take. It may well have something to do with your possibly intrusive dreams either as the cause or your protector. 

• Like 1

I was fully awake. It wasn't dream paralysis. I could move myself (but I decided to stay below my cover because I was afraid of the light). I was awake the same way I'm awaken right now. It's hard to accept that reality can be a little different than we use to think in our comfort zone, but it is not that simple.

First I sat in my bed, then I just passed 2-5 minutes thinking about the nightmare. Then I looked to my right and I noticed that my book shelf was very clear. And then I was watching the ball moving across my bedroom for almost one hour. And then it got very close to me and was there for the whole night (I slept 30 min after it was closer

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Frustratingly the answer I would give to all five questions is 'possibly'.

Now what you described sounds like an orb which are common in paranormal cases. Some experts say that it is the easiest form for a non-physical energy to take. It may well have something to do with your possibly intrusive dreams either as the cause or your protector. 

I hope it is something good!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thetruthsearcher said:

I was fully awake. It wasn't dream paralysis. I could move myself (but I decided to stay below my cover because I was afraid of the light). I was awake the same way I'm awaken right now. It's hard to accept that reality can be a little different than we use to think in our comfort zone, but it is not that simple.

First I sat in my bed, then I just passed 2-5 minutes thinking about the nightmare. Then I looked to my right and I noticed that my book shelf was very clear. And then I was watching the ball moving across my bedroom for almost one hour. And then it got very close to me and was there for the whole night (I slept 30 min after it was closer

You make a good case for the orb being something real but paranormal. Some people are too quick to call 'paranormal'. Some people will always insist on a natural explanation. In the end, we each have to use our own judgment based on all information and arguments. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thetruthsearcher said:

I was fully awake...

If you are genuinely searching for truth, you should probably replace the word "was" with "thought I was".  There are numerous clues in your description, like the fact that your room "was a little bit clear", still saw it thru the cover (?), you returned to sleep after 30 whole minutes during which time you didn't think to grab a camera or call out for help, and even that you were fearful of something that posed no immediate threat - it all suggests to me that your awakening was part of the dream.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

If you are genuinely searching for truth, you should probably replace the word "was" with "thought I was".  There are numerous clues in your description, like the fact that your room "was a little bit clear", still saw it thru the cover (?), you returned to sleep after 30 whole minutes during which time you didn't think to grab a camera or call out for help, and even that you were fearful of something that posed no immediate threat - it all suggests to me that your awakening was part of the dream.

Even when I see a Spider it happens to me. I wasn't just afraid, I was in PANIC. It's very easy to say to take a camera while you didn't experience the same thing. Mt y cellphone was on the table, I would have to walk in order to take my cellphone and film it. I didn't want to interact with that light because I didn't know if it was good or bad and if it could cause harm to me.

Wow that's an awesome experience. I think it's the first time I've heard of someone seeing a ball of light in an altered state. I can totally relate to the feeling of being paralyzed from fear. It's more likely that you were actually paralyzed. I don't think you would have been able to move even if you weren't afraid. 

Is this the first time you have woken up being unable to move? 

1 minute ago, thetruthsearcher said:

Even when I see a Spider it happens to me. I wasn't just afraid, I was in PANIC. It's very easy to say to take a camera while you didn't experience the same thing. Mt y cellphone was on the table, I would have to walk in order to take my cellphone and film it. I didn't want to interact with that light because I didn't know if it was good or bad and if it could cause harm to me.

I don't believe anything would have shown up on film even if you had your phone right next to you. 

Now that's not to say that it didn't happen, or that what you saw was a dream or hallucination. I think it's possible what you saw was real. But on another plain of existence. Extra dementiinal, if you can dig what I'm saying. 

Please keep us updated if something like this happens again. 

Also, I stopped teaching people how to astral project a while back, accept for people who suffer these sleep paralysis attacks. If you are interested I can teach you how, so you can confront any entities that come to you in the night. 

21 hours ago, thetruthsearcher said:

Hello!! My names is Dan; Last month (june/2017) I was having a lot of similar nightmares. I was dreaming peacefully and then something stoled the scene and scared me a lot, trying to kill me. Like, in some dreams I was chocking with something invisible, and in the other it appeared as my grandmother, but it was no good. In the last one I wasn't waking up and then I heard a feminine beautiful voice calling me to wake up. When I opened my eyes I sat and started thinking about the dream.

Then I noticed that my room was a little bit clear, and then I looked at the book shelf and I saw a strong light. Instantly I covered myself and stayed starring at the light, cleaning my eyes, I didn't want to believe in that. It was the size of a small ball (tennis ball, I think).

But then it started to move and get closer to me. I was watching through the cover and couldn't move myself because of the fear. I think I passed about 30 min looking at this think next to me, but then I got more calm and started to sleep again. When I woke up in the morning it wasn't there anymore.

I have no clues about what was happening in my head and what was this light in my bedroom. I used to consider myself an "atheist", I'm not that kind of spiritual guy. But now everything looks different. It changed my life.

I haven't see it since then, and I don't know if I'm going to see it one more time. My questions are: 1 Was my nightmare attacked by some external source? 2 Was the nightmare just my mind? 3 Was the light causing this nightmare and bad feelings? 4 Was the light trying to save me? (because I heard someone calling me inside my head) 5 What the **** is that light? Is it something good or bad?

I don't know if it's a kind of "spirit" or something native to earth, maybe another "dimension" or something like this. Could anyone help me to solve this mistery?

Edit:

The light was green/white (kind of fluorescent) and it was about the size of a tennis ball. I felt like it was irradiating some kind of vibration.

I really think you just experienced a night terror while half awake and half asleep.

I have heard of some people seeing their significant other or spouse being peacefully asleep when an orb appears to enter them and they begin to experience nightmares. Now I don't think this happened with you, but if it is something  weird, you need to setup a camera to monitor it if it happens again to see if it's really something outside of yourself.

These kind of orbs can be picked up on film. What they really are, God only knows, we can only speculate on the possibilities. 

Edited by White Unicorn