Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Live Giant Squid Caught On Tape

UM-Bot

A ghostly, 23-foot-long creature glides through the deep sea, its gossamer fins billowing against the black water. Its arms, more than half its total length, trail behind like delicate threads. The squid doesn’t react right away to the submarine’s approach, but it shoots away into the dark once the sub gets too close.

Researchers have captured scenes like this on videotape eight times, in four different oceans, within recent years.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: MSNBC

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• UM-Bot

• magic charm

• loganXman

Thanx for the stories Saruman. The giant squid is a personal favorite of mine .

I mean if we can prove the existense of giant squid , Imagine what else we still have to discover .

wow, thats pretty cool, its always excited to find new species of animals. it just goes to show u how little we know of the sea.

to the people in britain , sorry everyone else but i dont think you get this paper. but i saw a story in the sun of some people who caught a squid it was 8ft long with 16ft long tentacles saw the pic and it was very big. just thought you might like to know.

It's just a shame our government's don't spend the same amount of money on exploring our own planet as they do on exploring outer space.