Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl

Okay, I'm not going to turn this into a debate about whether or not Korn is good, so we'll just say I agree with Jenn and leave it at that.

Manfred, people hate Ashlee Simpson for many reasons.

1- she has no talent.

2- she is only famous because of her sister.

3- her daddy has some pull in the record industry, which is why her and her sister got a contract in the first place.

4- she can't sing and her songs are terrible.

5- she became super famous when she screwed up on SNL.

The list goes on really. But the main idea stays the same: She's talentless and famous. Surprisingly, people do have some standards when it comes to music like that, and this girl just doesn't cut it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Sweetpumper

• JennRose

• girty1600

Nirvana did a REALLY good cover of Neil Young's 'My My, Hey Hey', too. But of course, no one really remembers Neil's version anymore. laugh.gif

Ok I can take you bashing Limp Dick, but Korn?  angry.gif

439138[/snapback]

Calm down, guy. laugh.gif I don't hate Korn. But it's distressing to me that so many of the great muscians are losing their songs. The newer generation won't know 'Another Brick in the WAll' by anything other than "that cool song where Korn talks about how we don't need to go to school".

I guess it's like Avril Lavigne (or insert any popular artist) covering your very favorite SlipKnot song and hearing everyone call it Avril's song.

haha. We should start a big rock music thread, that way we can go on and on about things like bad cover versions, awesome old rockers, terrible new pop punk, and so on. grin2.gif

But back to the subject at hand, I'd like to once again say that Ashlee Simpson is a no talent hack.

Okay, I'm not going to turn this into a debate about whether or not Korn is good, so we'll just say I agree with Jenn and leave it at that.

Manfred, people hate Ashlee Simpson for many reasons.

1- she has no talent.

2- she is only famous because of her sister.

3- her daddy has some pull in the record industry, which is why her and her sister got a contract in the first place.

4- she can't sing and her songs are terrible.

5- she became super famous when she screwed up on SNL.

The list goes on really. But the main idea stays the same: She's talentless and famous. Surprisingly, people do have some standards when it comes to music like that, and this girl just doesn't cut it.

439142[/snapback]

I've heard...whats it called...Pieces something. It wasn't that bad. I didn't like it personally, but it wasn't bad. Certainly as good as her sister Jessica (who you have to admit is talented, regardless of her dimwittedness and ignorance to everything outside of her closet).

Ok I can take you bashing Limp Dick, but Korn?  angry.gif

439138[/snapback]

Calm down, guy. laugh.gif I don't hate Korn. But it's distressing to me that so many of the great muscians are losing their songs. The newer generation won't know 'Another Brick in the WAll' by anything other than "that cool song where Korn talks about how we don't need to go to school".

I guess it's like Avril Lavigne (or insert any popular artist) covering your very favorite SlipKnot song and hearing everyone call it Avril's song.

439155[/snapback]

I was just kiddin thumbsup.gifwink2.gif

Korn, IMO, really are talented and WERE original at the time of their debut. Do some research into Jon Davis and you'll see just how brilliant this guy can be. He plays the bagpipes, piano, guitar, and flute FFS laugh.gif

Sheesh, I'm acting like a teen girl with a crush rolleyes.gif

Though I must admit, upon hearing their music over the last two years, they've really hit bottom sad.gif

But back to the subject at hand, I'd like to once again say that Ashlee Simpson is a no talent hack.

439172[/snapback]

laugh.gif

439172[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. Ha...I get side-tracked when it comes to this sort of stuff. blush.gif

I doubt poor Ashley will be invited to perform live anywhere soon (God, I would join a convent and never show my face again! Sooo humiliating!). She should've learned her lesson on SNL.

Manfred:

Jessica Simpson is also talentless. She has a mediocre voice. Better than her younger sisters, but not good enough that she should be this popular.

Someone with an excellent singing voice? Christina Aguilera. I don't like her at all, her image is very tasteless. But I do love her voice, it's very powerful.

I see what you mean about Korn. I do agree that they started out good and original, but right after their second album when they got very mainstream, they just got terrible... there seems to be little effort in their songs. Oh, and let's not forget that song that was about the media and how terrible it was. Funny considering how much they were marketed.

haha. We should start a big rock music thread, that way we can go on and on about things like bad cover versions, awesome old rockers, terrible new pop punk, and so on. grin2.gif

439172[/snapback]

You mean like Madonna covering "American Pie" or who ever it was that ruined John Lennon's"Imagine"? original.gif

I would enjoy a thread like that. I will even start it if you are interested, uh Disinterested. ( LOL I made a silly joke../ i need sleep) blush.gif

And I agree....Simpson is a waste of genetic material.

You know what? I am gonna start a thread. grin2.gif Thanks girty!

439193[/snapback]

Anytime, Dis! thumbsup.gif

[You mean like Madonna covering "American Pie" or who ever it was that ruined John Lennon's"Imagine"? original.gif

I would enjoy a thread like that. I will even start it if you are interested, uh Disinterested. ( LOL I made a silly joke../ i need sleep)  blush.gif

439189[/snapback]

Yes...Good Cover vs Bad Cover. Cool! I will head off to search for it or start it...

The last covers I enjoyed and thought were well done were Van Halen's, (Pretty Woman, Dancin' in the Streets, Ice Cream Man, ETC....) I do agree some songs should be left alone, example being as mentioned earlier John Lennon's "Imagine" or Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"

Man that was bad...the local news covered it during the sports part of the show; the sports guy gave it the "Burned Biscuit Award" (not sure what that is but I could only imagine), and said that he hoped that the person that hired her for the show should be fired or shot, or both.

During Jay Leno's skit last night he said that about half way through the performance people were wishing she had lip synched...

I can't imagine how this girl ever got started in the business; she doesn't appear to be talented and on top of that seems rather full of herself. Let's hope she slides into obscurity and takes Paris Hilton with her...

Hell if I had a band like hell I would have her has my open! no.gif And I hope to god that she doesn't go into movies like that flop that Britney Spears did. blink.gifcrying.gif

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's too priceless! anyone else seen the SNL screw up? that was another priceless piece of footage!!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

here it is if you want to watch and haven't seen it yet!! I was LMAO so much at this!!!!!

Ashlee simpson lip sync

Edited by Monster Hunter X

Yeah, any old excuse. rolleyes.gif

Leno had a good go at her. , haha.

Well i was hoping she'd be on Conan but it was a repeat. Fingers crossed for tonight.

not conan sad.gif DAMN YOU RE-RUNS!!!

edit*

nuts burnsy beat me. Is it just me or have there been alot of conan re-runs lately?

Edited by Boff

Seems like it.

Boo, get back to work snowcone!