Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany wants more EU sanctions on Russia

bmk1245

1 hour ago, keithisco said:

...but isn't that the whole point of sanctions-to hurt a nations finances? Putin holds all of the trump cards in that he knows that Germany will always buy Russian Gas, so the Russian Treasury will always be funded by the hypocrisy of Germany. Why not buy USA Gas-or does that upset German sensibilities?

Why US gas? Norway's closer.

Not to mention other details.  

1 minute ago, keithisco said:

The same way the UK imports gas from the USA-by LNG tankers.

That sounds a lot more expensive, and the UK has a much higher gas production than Germany. The need seems to be a lot different. Not that I think Russia is the ideal partner there, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Politics is a female dog.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Why US gas? Norway's closer.

Not to mention other details.  

The UK also imports Gas from Norway

24 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't think it would collapse. It has the infrastructure and oil (largest deposits of oil in the world if I'm not msiaken) to survive and even prosper, albeit at the expense of corporations. 

Countries With The Largest Proven Oil Reserves

Rank Country Barrels (bbl)
1 Venezuela 298,400,000,000
2 Saudi Arabia 268,300,000,000
3 Canada 171,000,000,000
4 Iran 157,800,000,000
5 Iraq 144,200,000,000
6 Kuwait 104,000,000,000
7 Russia 103,200,000,000
8 United Arab Emirates 97,800,000,000
9 Libya 48,360,000,000
10 Nigeria 37,070,000,000
11 United States 36,520,000,000
12 Kazakhstan 30,000,000,000
13 Qatar 25,240,000,000
14 China 24,650,000,000
15 Brazil 15,310,000,000
16 Algeria 12,200,000,000
17 Mexico 9,812,000,000
18 Angola 9,011,000,000
19 Ecuador 8,832,000,000
20 Azerbaijan 7,000,000,000

This page was last modified on February 9, 2017.
By WorldAtlas.com
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, keithisco said:

Then it's not news to you that while Russian gas is logically very present in EU, it's not the only gas available. 

I wouldn't claim I know for certain, but I suspect Russia is more worried with the possibility of being stuck with unsold gas, than EU is with the possibility of buying more from Norway. 

39 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't think it would collapse. It has the infrastructure and oil (largest deposits of oil in the world if I'm not msiaken) to survive and even prosper, albeit at the expense of corporations. 

Wait you might have a point 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_in_the_United_States

What is your opinion on fracking ? 

13 minutes ago, keithisco said:

I'm not an expert on this, but I remember there was a huge public debate concerning where Germany should obtain its gas, and Norway was in the discussion. Can't remember what spoke against it.

43 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Countries With The Largest Proven Oil Reserves

Rank Country Barrels (bbl)
1 Venezuela 298,400,000,000
2 Saudi Arabia 268,300,000,000
3 Canada 171,000,000,000
4 Iran 157,800,000,000
5 Iraq 144,200,000,000
6 Kuwait 104,000,000,000
7 Russia 103,200,000,000
8 United Arab Emirates 97,800,000,000
9 Libya 48,360,000,000
10 Nigeria 37,070,000,000
11 United States 36,520,000,000
12 Kazakhstan 30,000,000,000
13 Qatar 25,240,000,000
14 China 24,650,000,000
15 Brazil 15,310,000,000
16 Algeria 12,200,000,000
17 Mexico 9,812,000,000
18 Angola 9,011,000,000
19 Ecuador 8,832,000,000
20 Azerbaijan 7,000,000,000

This page was last modified on February 9, 2017.
By WorldAtlas.com

Not sure where they get their figures but:

The United States has the largest known deposits of oilshale in the world, according to the Bureau of Land Management and holds an estimated 2.175 trillion barrels (345.8 km3) of potentially recoverable oil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_the_United_States

From your post1280px-Proved_Reserves_-_Production.png

Edited by The Silver Thong

44 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

I'm not an expert on this, but I remember there was a huge public debate concerning where Germany should obtain its gas, and Norway was in the discussion. Can't remember what spoke against it.

That Gazprom employee. Kidding. He's board member actually. And in Gazprom's daughter company, not anymore in Gazprom itself. Also, I have no idea if he spoke himself, but I would bet he was behind it. 

But I wouldn't blame him, at least not completely. It's a lot more complicated than it seems: breaking Russia down is not a good idea. Neither is letting them do whatever their oligarchy wants. So there must be a lot of balancing, even if public sometimes doesn't know what to think of it all anymore. I think. I better not :D  

• Like 1

Also from your link meant for Expandmymind

The United States has the largest known deposits of oil shale in the world, according to the Bureau of Land Management and holds an estimated 2.175 trillion barrels (345.8 km3) of potentially recoverable oil.[22] Oil shale does not actually contain oil, but a waxy oil precursor known as kerogen. There is no significant commercial production of oil from oil shale in the United States.

Edited by The Silver Thong

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Neither would make any money.

But China seems to be planning for that unlikely event.

7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

But China seems to be planning for that unlikely event.

I think they already have. Buying all that gold and selling the US green backs

Man I hate globalists. They are going to be the death of us all. 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Man I hate globalists. They are going to be the death of us all. 

Rather wrap yourself in a protectionist bubble?

Far more good things come from cross border trade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Rather wrap yourself in a protectionist bubble?

Far more good things come from cross border trade.

I love trade. What I hate is watching people who think they have some right to rule over everyone, and any country that doesn't tow the line, which involves a great number of disgusting tyrannical things recently, gets black balled. They hate Russia cause they wont board the NWO train.  

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I love trade. What I hate is watching people who think they have some right to rule over everyone, and any country that doesn't tow the line, which involves a great number of disgusting tyrannical things recently, gets black balled. They hate Russia cause they wont board the NWO train.  

But shouldn't a country involved in "a great number of disgusting tyrannical things", be blackballed?

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Actually, in Europe, specifically Eastern Europe, people rarely hate Russia. People usually have a problem with current Russian politics, which is obviously trying to spawn damn USSR back to life. 

Current Russian expansionism, seen so obviously in Ukraine today, is an actual, palpable threat. How much it fits into NWO theories (both relatively realistic and completely fantastic ones), frankly, I don't care.

But, out of morbid curiosity, I would love to hear the explanation on how exactly an oligarchy with combined mobster and totalitarian mechanisms of state control, with expansionist ambitions, will save the world from 'globalists'.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Actually, in Europe, specifically Eastern Europe, people rarely hate Russia. People usually have a problem with current Russian politics, which is obviously trying to spawn damn USSR back to life. 

Current Russian expansionism, seen so obviously in Ukraine today, is an actual, palpable threat. How much it fits into NWO theories (both relatively realistic and completely fantastic ones), frankly, I don't care.

But, out of morbid curiosity, I would love to hear the explanation on how exactly an oligarchy with combined mobster and totalitarian mechanisms of state control, with expansionist ambitions, will save the world from 'globalists'.   

How is that even close to obvious? Especially in Ukraine? The west, led by 0bama overthrew an elected government in Ukraine, paid for by George Soros. Then put in a unelected government. Russia moved to protect their people in the area, and protect their interests. The illegal aggressors here is the west. Russian expansionism?? LOL my goodness. If anyone is expanding, right on Russia's boarder no less, its NATO. America has nearly 200 bases all over the world. Russia has 3.

Actually never mind. The facts regarding all this demand you actually think for yourself, and even dare I say question the destructive main stream agenda. We both know you will have none of that.

I would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that I think Russia is going to save anyone from anything? Direct quotes would be helpful.

15 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

But shouldn't a country involved in "a great number of disgusting tyrannical things", be blackballed?

Yes. But Russia isn't the one involved in them. Quit the opposite actually.

Just now, preacherman76 said:

How is that even close to obvious? Especially in Ukraine? The west, led by 0bama overthrew an elected government in Ukraine, paid for by George Soros. Then put in a unelected government. Russia moved to protect their people in the area, and protect their interests. The illegal aggressors here is the west. Russian expansionism?? LOL my goodness. If anyone is expanding, right on Russia's boarder no less, its NATO. America has nearly 200 bases all over the world. Russia has 3.

Actually never mind. The facts regarding all this demand you actually think for yourself, and even dare I say question the destructive main stream agenda. We both know you will have none of that.

I would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that I think Russia is going to save anyone from anything? Direct quotes would be helpful.

Soros overthrew elected government in Ukraine? 

Soros? 

And there was nothing wrong with said pro-Russian government? All the people who protested, risking and losing their lives, they had no real reason, huh? It was just Soros? 

*expletives in duration of approximately 3 minutes* 

And I'm the one who doesn't think here? 

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Soros overthrew elected government in Ukraine? 

Soros? 

And there was nothing wrong with said pro-Russian government? All the people who protested, risking and losing their lives, they had no real reason, huh? It was just Soros? 

*expletives in duration of approximately 3 minutes* 

And I'm the one who doesn't think here? 

Seriously? You don't see a pattern of well funded "protesters" that pop up anywhere things aren't going in the NWO direction? That happen to be part of groups funded by Soros?

Yes clearly you are the one who doesn't think here.

“First on Ukraine, one of the things that many people recognized about you was that you during the revolutions of 1989 funded a lot of dissident activities, civil society groups in eastern Europe and Poland, the Czech Republic. Are you doing similar things in Ukraine?” Zakaria asked Soros.

“Well, I set up a foundation in Ukraine before Ukraine became independent of Russia. And the foundation has been functioning ever since and played an important part in events now,” Soros responded.

I have to agree with Preacherman here. Russia is not the boogieman some want to make it out to be. Russia was protecting a seaport in the black sea that is vital to them.