Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany wants more EU sanctions on Russia

bmk1245

3 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I have to agree with Preacherman here. Russia is not the boogieman some want to make it out to be. Russia was protecting a seaport in the black sea that is vital to them. 

A seaport that is in a foreign country, and a protection that ended with the annexation of a whole province. This clearly breaks international law. 

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

A seaport that is in a foreign country, and a protection that ended with the annexation of a whole province. This clearly breaks international law. 

Ohhh and the west has never done that, my bad.

Edited by The Silver Thong

and it that was not enough, they trying to bit a peice of ukraine in the east, they may cover it up by fake referendums, and novorosia, but it is clear to anyone they want more of ukraine to become russia

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

Ohhh and the west has never done that, my bad. 

Even if, do two wrongs make a right? Can I murder someone because someone else has murdered before?

• Like 3

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

Even if, do two wrongs make a right? Can I murder someone because someone else has murdered before?

I never came close to saying that.  Can you murder someone, sure you can, you just need justification. 

1 minute ago, The Silver Thong said:

I never came close to saying that.  Can you murder someone, sure you can, you just need justification. 

Wait, what? But you are aware that I would still be breaking the law, right?

Edit: And which western country has done something similar since WW2? 

Edited by FLOMBIE

Those who defend Russian aggression on Ukraine, by making an extraordinary claim that one man (Soros) managed to manipulate the whole nation through his one foundation alone, will have to prove it. 

But not to me, I'm so not interested in obvious escapes from objective reality. Prove it to yourself, but do not ignore the following fact: the whole nations, not just Ukrainian, will not let Russian expansionism overrun them. 

Soros has no weight here, our opinions are based on our direct experiences and history. 

It's extremely unwise to assume Eastern Europeans are so stupid one man can manipulate them to reject otherwise wonderful Russian aggression. 

• Like 1

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

Wait, what? But you are aware that I would still be breaking the law, right?

Not if the government says it's ok right.  How many wars has the west been evolved in oh say the last 15 years killing people that had no reason to be killed. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria.  We poked a beehive and now we see the backlash.  You might see rainbows and butterfly's but I don't  

1 minute ago, The Silver Thong said:

Not if the government says it's ok right.  How many wars has the west been evolved in oh say the last 15 years killing people that had no reason to be killed. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria.  We poked a beehive and now we see the backlash.  You might see rainbows and butterfly's but I don't  

But in Russia's case, international law said it is not "okay right". So they have to deal with the consequences. What would you say if Russia wants to chop off a part of Canada? They just need a justification, right?

Edit: You also mix tons of stuff that is in no relation to the first issue you've expressed. And Russia poked the beehive. The sanction are the consequences. I love reality, and I am a rational person. Thank you very much, Mr expert on international law! ;)

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Those who defend Russian aggression on Ukraine, by making an extraordinary claim that one man (Soros) managed to manipulate the whole nation through his one foundation alone, will have to prove it. 

But not to me, I'm so not interested in obvious escapes from objective reality. Prove it to yourself, but do not ignore the following fact: the whole nations, not just Ukrainian, will not let Russian expansionism overrun them. 

Soros has no weight here, our opinions are based on our direct experiences and history. 

It's extremely unwise to assume Eastern Europeans are so stupid one man can manipulate them to reject otherwise wonderful Russian aggression. 

so you don't know who he is.

2 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

But in Russia's case, international law said it is not "okay right". So they have to deal with the consequences. What would you say if Russia wants to chop off a part of Canada? They just need a justification, right?

Could happen the Russians Just kidnapped Santa Clause. 

Could happen the Russians Just kidnapped Santa Clause. 

And you are so grounded in reality that you would accept that? Alright, then. No more questions. 

• Like 2

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

And you are so grounded in reality that you would accept that? Alright, then. No more questions. 

The Russians were protecting there interests as would anyone.  Am I wrong ?  Let's say Russia tried to take a piece of Canada of course we would fight it. Ukraine however has a deep seeded history with Russia.  It's like Quebec in Canada trying to separate sorta.  You do understand the Ukraine government was very very corrupt right. Then George Soros stepped in and a war started. Putin plays Chess not checkers.   

The Russians were protecting there interests as would anyone.  Am I wrong ?  Let's say Russia tried to take a piece of Canada of course we would fight it. Ukraine however has a deep seeded history with Russia.  It's like Quebec in Canada trying to separate sorta.  You do understand the Ukraine government was very very corrupt right. Then George Soros stepped in and a war started. Putin plays Chess not checkers.   

That doesn't make it okay to do it! What they did was illegal! And when you break the law, you should get punished. Deal with it. 

I don't want any country to act like this. Not mine, not yours, not the US, Russia, or China. And I don't care what crappy things some other countries have done. That you find that alright is very worrying, if you ask me. I thought you dislike authoritarian structures.

I prefer Go over chess. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

so you don't know who he is.

I don't care who he is. 

What you clearly do not understand is that there are people living in Ukraine and they are not idiots you've apparently been told they are. They have extremely horrible reasons to reject Russian rule, though rule of anyone over anyone else is the reason enough in itself. 

They needed no Soros to tell them what they want for themselves. 

From your other post I see you have absolutely no idea what happened and happens in Ukraine, so you really shouldn't even comment it, unless you're here to parrot the propaganda only.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Let's say the Nazis did nothing wrong. They were protecting their interests, as would anyone do. Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

That doesn't make it okay to do it! What they did was illegal! And when you break the law, you should get punished. Deal with it. 

I don't want any country to act like this. Not mine, not yours, not the US, Russia, or China. And I don't care what crappy things some other countries have done. That you find that alright is very worrying, if you ask me. I thought you dislike authoritarian structures.

I prefer Go over chess. 

I never said that

Well they did it. 

Ya that works often

Why would you think that I think it's ok to break the law? 

authoritarian structures do scare me, you living in Berlin should understand that more than myself. 

I like chess we should play sometime. 

5 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

I prefer Go over chess. 

But chess is so useful for me: it doesn't let me become arrogant :D It's especially horrible to lose against the machine... argh. Puts my mental feet back to the ground instantly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I don't care who he is. 

The rest of your post useless then 

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

But chess is so useful for me: it doesn't let me become arrogant :D It's especially horrible to lose against the machine... argh. Puts my mental feet back to the ground instantly. 

I hate losing against the machine, they cheat ;) or it or hmmm I think we are all in a sinking ship, but it's sinking slowly. I have no love of government but I do obey the laws otherwise I would not be typing this.  I do have opinion and if you don't like it so be it. I respect yours as I love what free speech gives us. 

The rest of your post useless then 

See, you just made it clear that you won't let your propaganda litany be questioned.

It's in your interest to try taking objective look at things that you're supposed to be interested in.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I never said that

Well they did it. 

Ya that works often

Why would you think that I think it's ok to break the law? 

authoritarian structures do scare me, you living in Berlin should understand that more than myself. 

I like chess we should play sometime. 

You told me you just need a justification. That is what you said. Russia broke the law. RUSSIA BROKE THE LAW.  

I am very free in Berlin. But we do have a lot of Russians here. Should I be scared of Russia annexing Berlin? It might be in their interest! You say that is enough and then it's okay. 

Edit: What Russia did was a VERY authoritarian move. How can you defend that?!? Who gave you this idea? Russia Today?

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Hmmm I have been called arrogant before because I speak French and now because I play chess.  Your move 

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

See, you just made it clear that you won't let your propaganda litany be questioned.

It's in your interest to try taking objective look at things that you're supposed to be interested in.  

What propaganda? 

18 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

You told me you just need a justification. That is what you said. Russia broke the law. RUSSIA BROKE THE LAW.  

I am very free in Berlin. But we do have a lot of Russians here. Should I be scared of Russia annexing Berlin? It might be in their interest! You say that is enough and then it's okay. 

Edit: What Russia did was a VERY authoritarian move. How can you defend that?!? Who gave you this idea? Russia Today?

A government does and they will lie to you to get that justification.  Not me personaly

Russia broke the law ok then lets ignore all other laws and focus on Russia then. I hear they drink while texting. 

They tried before. remember east and west Germany

I never said anything was ok.

Russia defended one of it's most important seaports. Flip the coin and see what the US would do.