Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian return to destroyed Ninevah churchs

The Caspian Hare

Iraq used to be home to millions of Christians. Because of war and instability local community leaders believe that number is now around 200,000. Still, some Assyrian, Chaldean, Syriac and Armenian Christians are returning home to areas liberated by Iraqi and Kurdish Peshmerga forces from the ISIS extremist group.

Over the past few days, Christian clergy have journeyed to now-liberated areas to inspect the destruction and hold church services. Security remains a long-term concern in Nineveh with various local groups pledging allegiances primarily to security forces of the Iraqi or Kurdistan Region governments.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/culture/26072017

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can't be many of them left -

• Like 1

They will be rewarded for their suffering.  That doesn't mean that Christians around the world have no obligation to try to help them but it does mean that the evil they are facing will NOT succeed.

John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ...

"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the father's hand.

On 2017-08-07 at 0:25 AM, and then said:

They will be rewarded for their suffering.  That doesn't mean that Christians around the world have no obligation to try to help them but it does mean that the evil they are facing will NOT succeed.

John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ...

"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the father's hand.

So if it was Buddhist monasteries or Hindu temples, would they still be saved?

• 3 weeks later...